• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Uchip

Banned
The gags and characterizations are just getting a bit old to me and the animation isnt enough to carry it.
Was a fun cartoon that didn't deserve the hate it got (some of the fans on the other hand...)
so i take my leave *bows*

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The gags and characterizations are just getting a bit old to me and the animation isnt enough to carry it.
Was a fun cartoon that didn't deserve the hate it got (some of the fans on the other hand...)
so i take my leave *bows*
cool, see you in a few weeks.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
First batch of avatars, fresh outta the oven!

VNS5J.png
6BZzE.png
Uel0g.png
n97Iu.png

judhudson

I added some potential avatars (from DeviantArt) in the community thread, but I'll add them here in case there are a few folks that don't know there is a thread over there.

*some resizing may be required*

Lack of Fluttershy in recent episodes was redeemed through the song and as an added bonus there were Owlowiscious sightings, much better than last weeks outing.

UberTag

In short: Fuck you RD and fuck you Fluttershy for excluding the awesomeness that is ferret. I know you excluded them because you knew that it would be an unfair competition.
That and she wanted to keep the ferrets all to herself. Can you blame her for being a ferret horder? CAN YOU?!?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I dont know if you just fail at reading comprehension or something else but I just mentioned that I havent seen the last few episodes
Mmm. I can certainly understand how not watching the episodes might take some wind out of the gags and characterization and certainly also the animation.

See you in a few weeks!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I've been distracted. There was something about chips. Were those fries? Or were they potato chips? I think I can figurainbow dash stuck in a rock.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Just watched it.

FRANCO-TIER EPISODE!

So much goodness in it I aint even gonna get into specifics.

This episode proved why Rainbow Dash is the Worst Pony Ever. Not only did she manipulate every pet and utilised a loophole to set up a winner at the last minute, she was a complete arsehole to everyone and threatened the life of all the competitors.

Awesome music, funny visual gags, great comedy, incredible pay-off. This is the first Rainbow Dash episode that doesn't suck shit, even if she's a complete bitch. 10/10

Calm your farm, duder.

Same goes for you, Chip.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
She stayed true to the rules she set out to begin with. Wasn't a loophole. And none of the pets were forced into competition. They all wanted to compete. Its not like the pound where their life is in danger. They lived with Fluttershy. They all wanted to compete and could (and some did) quit at any time.

The animals got almost eaten alive by the eels. Gentleman Hawk even got injured through the thorny path. Just because they were aware of the danger it doesn't make Rainbow Dash any less careless. She even admitted she wasn't thinking of anything but getting herself something to make her even cooler. She wasn't interested in the animals, she was just using them for her own egocentric purposes.

Rainbow Dash was a prick. Tank is too good for her.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The animals got almost eaten alive by the eels. Gentleman Hawk even got injured through the thorny path. Just because they were aware of the danger it doesn't make Rainbow Dash any less careless. She even admitted she wasn't thinking of anything but getting herself something to make her even cooler. She wasn't interested in the animals, she was just using them for her own egocentric purposes.

If it was too dangerous, Fluttershy would have put a stop to it. They are all her animals after all.

akira28

Chip, no one wants to see you go. But you say you gotta go. Panda's comment didn't seem that bad to me, more a teasing "aw, you'll be back" sort. But if you think the show isn't for you anymore, if you think the fans of the show somehow reflect badly on something that makes it back to you, ok. We can only hope that you reconsider. We'll leave your room the way you left it. Resignation denied. Pick up your gun and badge and take as much time as you need.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Uchip, people like things. Other people don't like things. That's cool, really.
If it was too dangerous, Fluttershy would have put a stop to it. They are all her animals after all.
Fluttershy and the gang were at the finish line; they couldn't see what was happening. Which brings up the point of Rainbow Dash putting Fluttershy's animal friends into danger without her knowledge!

In unrelated matters, did anyone else find it sad that Spike is not allowed to have a pet? :(

Uchip

Banned
Chip, no one wants to see you go. But you say you gotta go. Panda's comment didn't seem that bad to me, more a teasing "aw, you'll be back" sort. But if you think the show isn't for you anymore, if you think the fans of the show somehow reflect badly on something that makes it back to you, ok. We can only hope that you reconsider. We'll leave your room the way you left it. Resignation denied. Pick up your gun and badge and take as much time as you need.

you may think that
but hes been bitter towards me since the beginning so i know his real intention

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Uchip, people like things. Other people don't like things. That's cool, really.
Fluttershy and the gang were at the finish line; they couldn't see what was happening. Which brings up the point of Rainbow Dash putting Fluttershy's animal friends into danger without her knowledge!

In unrelated matters, did anyone else find it sad that Spike is not allowed to have a pet? :(

They were all there at the start. And being an place of interest near Ponyville, they all probably know what's in there.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
this is what annoys me
the fans claim to be about love and tolerance, but they're more rabid and eccentric than most others

What did I do to you? Why are you so mad?

The love and tolerance thing has always been for me a short version of 'I like this show. I don't know why. But I do. It makes me happy.' You don't like it. I fully expect that. In my time lurking and posting here, I've learned that there is a broad spectrum. Some of us just enjoy it as a one off where others fully embrace the phenomenon. And every facet is amazing in it's own way.

Somehow, you've been wronged or something made you not like this environment anymore. I'm sorry that happened. If you want to come back and enjoy this tiny circle of the internet... I'm sure people will embrace you. I know I will even though I don't post much in this thread. I like your old avatars even though I have no clue where they're from.

Anyways, I've rambled on enough and I broke the deal I made some posts earlier. Take care Uchip, I hope you go back on the 'I'm done' implication you posted earlier.

Acerac

Banned

I believe the Falcon's name was Captain.

Sblargh

Banned

Girlfriend noticed this as well and I don't know if the message in the ending was really efficient in teaching that pets are something you take care instead of something like clothes or toys.
Maybe it would be better if the turtle was in danger, forcing RD to abandon his own race to save him, driving home the point that the best pet is the one you can help the most.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
just got around to watching the episode and frankly i feel like its the weakest of the season so far.

the plot stuck to a formula thats been treaded into the ground and the conclusion didn't really address the concerns applejack and twilight had at the start of the competition. If anything, i'd say fluttershy carried the episode.

Wow great episode. I really don't like Rainbow Dash like some of you guys do (come at me bronies). But this is definitely one of my favorites so far. GREAT new song. Lots of gif-able/meme-able material. Lots of fun moments. I honestly kept thinking of how I can make a parody of the famous Tortoise Beats Hare short. I'll make it work somehow.

Should have been a honey badger in that competition.

Wouldn't have even been a competition.

I don't care if honey badgers can't fly.

It would fucking rocked that falcon AND the tortoise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81bcjyfn6U

Uhhhhh weird coincidence I just found this the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6tLWkUbfQ

Orcastar

Awesome episode. The plot was was predictable, but the excellent animation, gags and a great song more than made up for it. Just goes to show you that you don't need a pony to have a mental breakdown to make a top tier episode.

Whogie

Decent episode. The lyrics for the song felt like improv, which hurt it for me.

Now that CMC and toy-pushing (Tank) is out of the way, I think this season will pick up a bit again.

UberTag

just got around to watching the episode and frankly i feel like its the weakest of the season so far.

the plot stuck to a formula thats been treaded into the ground and the conclusion didn't really address the concerns applejack and twilight had at the start of the competition. If anything, i'd say fluttershy carried the episode.
Dude, Fluttershy carries EVERY episode unless Twilight goes insane or Rarity goes ultra-drama queen and that's largely due to Tara Strong or Tabitha St-Germain tapping into their decades of voice acting experience at which point a comparison is hardly fair.

Top Bottom