• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

just got around to watching the episode and frankly i feel like its the weakest of the season so far.

the plot stuck to a formula thats been treaded into the ground and the conclusion didn't really address the concerns applejack and twilight had at the start of the competition. If anything, i'd say fluttershy carried the episode.
I think there's some implication (consoling Tank after the camera flash) that she learned that caring for her pet is important even if it wasn't the moral. It's definitely not the focus, though.

I do have to admit that I was a bit disappointed. I really like Sonic Rainboom, and wanted a Dash-centric episode to touch on her character in interesting ways like that one did. Instead we got a lot of what we've gotten a lot of this season so far: an episode focused on gags using very simple versions of the characters. Specifically speaking, it's the x-treme 90s Dash that doesn't really appeal to me at all. Pretty much nothing she did was interesting or endearing from her first desire for a pet to choosing Tank.

I enjoyed it overall, though. The musical number was fantastic and the sight gags were well executed. The tenacity joke was pretty good too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So here's something to think about.

Did Fluttershy know Tank was Dash's perfect pet, or was she really just letting him get out and do something?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Gracias!
EDIT: BTW, how can I add text under my username? Is it mentioned in the site's FAQ?

You have to do something completely outrageous, but without getting banned.

Few have accomplished this task. Fewer still left with tags they were proud with.

burningranger

Neo Member
Considering how there's never really an explanation for the source of Twilight's balloon, she just has it (and doesn't even use it to arrive in Ponyville for the first time, like in the intro), and how they shoehorned a train into the S2 intro, it's no surprise.

Coming up next:

imag0190d.jpg

my-little-pony-pinkie-pies-rc-car-gallery-2.jpg
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they were starting to do a bit more subtle product placement in season 2. Dash coming with a turtle/tortoise for example with the scooter: (even if it really doesn't look much like tank)

http://i.imgur.com/anvF2.jpg

Also, speaking of the balloon, here it is in season one in Sonic Rainboom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPseOR-v18U#t=08m33s

See something missing from the top of the balloon?

Now, here it is in Season 2 Episode 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtEh3KDmBoI

Notice something they added to the top?

my-little-pony-twilight-sparkles-twinkling-balloon-7220_3ca2a4eeb4622dcf702d104f07d77105.jpg

It's not much admittedly, but it was something I noticed when comparing it to the toys they've released. Wouldn't shock me to see it a bit more often as Season 2 rolls along.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
pinkie pie driving up in a convertible and then never mentioning/seeing it again would almost be in character at this point.

and applejack is a shill, so seeing her truck everywhere would be normal.

FoxSpirit

CHEEZMO™;32932296 said:
Pfffffffffffft... you just never saw the right stuff.

I have the whole of Hyper Police on DVD, just for you I'd rip that shit. If that is not up your alley... naaaaw. From the good old times when I simply enjoyed stuff with friends without internet labels attached to me :p

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
"Four legs good! Two legs bad!"

Now there's a quote I'd never actually expect to use in conversation, online or otherwise...

You must have not been around for the Great Human Pony War of 2011.

That line in particular was a favorite if the good Dr.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
CHEEZMO™;32941597 said:

Rarity: ojou-sama
Pinkie Pie: hyper-active loli onee-chan/yandere
Fluttershy: hikkikomori
Rainbow Dash: tsundere
Applejack: Childhood friend
Twilight Sparkle: i dunno, but friendship = magic = shounen no haato

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"Y-You can be my pet f-friend, but only b-because you won the race. I-It's not like I like you or anything..."

No way. She didn't like the turtle until it saved her life. She wasn't hiding her feeling at all in the episode.

FiM, being a well rounded, quality show, has no Tsundere

Hey PonyGAF, I just want to say that this show is alright. My brother, of all people, showed me clips on YouTube and I found it rather entertaining.

But lets keep this our little secret, okay?

Narag

Hey PonyGAF, I just want to say that this show is alright. My brother, of all people, showed me clips on YouTube and I found it rather entertaining.

But lets keep this our little secret, okay?

What's said in pony thread stays in pony threads. Fret not.

Top Bottom