• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know, with how much the fandom loves to draw, I'm shocked there aren't pictures of Twilight wearing the dress Rarity was going to make.

Orcastar

Well we're only approaching the halfway point of the season. I'm sure they're just saving the best episodes (Pinkie episode, Fluttershy episode, more adventury stuff involving the whole cast a la Dagonshy) for the second half. Right?

Right...?

You know, with how much the fandom loves to draw, I'm shocked there aren't pictures of Twilight wearing the dress Rarity was going to make.
Silly doctor, of course there are!

gYBQdl.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still find it slightly awkward that it's two females speaking those lines!

Also does this mean all big dragons = evil/greedy?

Cheerilee

Oh lol

what did he do anyway to get banned?

He said in the MLP community thread that anyone who wanted a life-sized plush toy wanted it for sex, and equated being a furry with beastiality. He refused to consider other possibilities, and argued those positions against everyone, including a mod. And it wasn't his first time.

There'd best be a 1080p upload of this on youtube for when I get home in a few hours.

How does this compare to Owl's Well That Ends Well?

480p version is up on equestria daily. Good episode, rarity has gotten quite a bit of screen time this season it seems. <3 spike with the hat

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pretty decent episode, had me laughing a couple times.

I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!

Pinkie Pie lol.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pegasus stole the episode.

First Fluttershy's offhand "I was teaching my squirrel friends a new dance step..."

Then Rainbow Dash grabbing her to help catch Spike and Rarity.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
That's what I was wondering, considering the previous two encountered were like that. Then again, what's the deal with Spike being a wingless dragon?
I like to think that dragons have to overcome their greedy nature, otherwise the hoarding is all they'll ever do, like the one in Dragonshy. Anyway we've seen ones like Steven Magnet who isn't a jerk (and doesn't have wings) and there was concept art of a particularly unthreatening one made by Lauren Faust.

Anyway, what a fun episode! Funny plus the whole thing with Spike and Rarity was adorable. You go bro!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
To all those who thought the season was totally off-track...

5ptut.gif

Fantastic episode, complete with wit, humorous references, and oodles of animation goodies (except for the detail-less adult spike at the very end).

Ponies continue to confound.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I want to do a MLP/Metal Gear Rising trailer mash-up so bad.

I don't know why, I just feel it could work.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rainbow Dash eats humble pie for two episodes.

Rarity lies her flank off, and them almost literally takes candy from a baby and gets off scott free...

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

Rarity lies her flank off, and them almost literally takes candy from a baby and gets off scott free...

HEY! She had to go through a very dramatic King Kong reenactment, then get her strange cape ruined.

Dash put herself in those situations. She done begged for it.

UberTag

I don't mind that the writers are showing favoritism towards Rarity.
Perhaps if Dash wasn't so one-dimensional they'd come up with something new for her instead of recycling the comeuppance plot device.

Oh yeah... I went there.

Sciz

Rarity also happens to be much more charismatic and socially savvy than Dash ever will be. It makes sense that they learn the lessons they do in the way they do.

It already played out the other way around in Sonic Rainboom anyway.

Solution, happier outcomes for Dash in those two episodes.

Replace Tank with the falcon, delete Mare Do Well from history.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HEY! She had to go through a very dramatic King Kong reenactment, then get her strange cape ruined.

Dash put herself in those situations. She done begged for it.

yeah, if dash didn't put herself out there by saving all those lives, she wouldn't have needed to be humiliated.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think it shows that RD is held to higher standards, and that Rarity just doesn't learn anything.

Element of generosity taking candy from a baby... that's just low.

UberTag

The lesson is that if you kiss the baby after you take their candy and they treasure the kiss far more than they would have the candy... then it's OK.
In fact, you're being generous by letting the baby know such an exchange of goods is possible.

Orcastar

Excellent episode, maybe even the best of the season so far.

Dragons in Equestria seem kinda tragic... Ponies have to enslave them as babies and deny them any possessions to prevent them from becoming greedy bastards who wreck everything in the pursuit of growing their hoard...

Darte

Fantastic episode, my fav so far out of the new season. I especially liked how they tied the episode so well into the moral. Start was heartwarming, and I thought near the end it sorta ended up like
king kongish. One of Spikes grown up phases looked a bit plain imo which kinda bugged me but other than that I loved the episode!

Derpy in the well made me chuckle :lol

Link Man

Banned
The lesson is that if you kiss the baby after you take their candy and they treasure the kiss far more than they would have the candy... then it's OK.
In fact, you're being generous by letting the baby know such an exchange of goods is possible.

So Spike learns about
prostitution
?

Also, that rope is going to be popular on DA.

...and now I want there to be an MLP episode starring Doctor Whooves =_=

The Whooves'es , and the ponies of equestria! its where the current ponies meet the ponies of the past?

also new episode was great. and where is my pinky pie episode i want a pinkie pie episode as well...

Top Bottom