• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

LogicStep

You guys should get this car!

BvuRD.jpg

Saw this and thought of you all.

Cheerilee

You guys should get this car!

http://i.imgur.com/BvuRD.jpg

Saw this and thought of you all.

It's not really a "you should get this car" sort of thing, because these designs are more of a personalization. It's more like "you guys should do something like this to your cars!"

I think this one's nice because it's a relatively small amount of bright colors on a black car. It works, IMO. I really hate it when people wallpaper their cars with scenes from their favorite h-game.

If I had a better car I'd consider doing it, if I found the perfect image/placement. It's not something I'd want to do halfway.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just a reminder, less than 24 hours until a new episode. It's been a few weeks since the last one so this should remind people.

Orcastar

It's pony day, woo!

Also, a new episode synopsis is out:

Season 2 Episode 16:
Read It and Weep
Summary:
Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital.
Air Date: February 4, 2012

This has a lot of potential.
Will it be a bunch of parodies about popular or classic novels as played out by the mane six in Dash's imagination? Let's hope so!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It's pony day, woo!

Also, a new episode synopsis is out:

Season 2 Episode 16:
Read It and Weep
Summary:
Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital.
Air Date: February 4, 2012

This has a lot of potential.
Will it be a bunch of parodies about popular or classic novels as played out by the mane six in Dash's imagination? Let's hope so!

I wonder if there's any chance they went for the obvious joke and somehow got Levar Burton to go a guest voice....

And yay Rainbow Dash episode for my Birthday vacation! Just need a scene with Dash reading to Scootaloo to make it.... THE BEST EPISODE EVER!

Dennis

Banned
>> send settler ponies to starve in a place infested with timber wolves

/Trollestia

>> make out with settler dad in front of his jealous wife

/Molestia

Darte

Ok, I was sorta expecting the rough storyline but didn't anticipate the origin story :eek:

Nice episode, but did anyone see Derpy? Might have missed it.

blamite

I thought that was a pretty decent episode. I probably would have liked it more if we hadn't already had such an abundance of Apple family episodes already. Pretty cool to get an Equestria origin episode immediately followed by a Ponyville origin story.

Next week's Pinkie episode better be amazing. It's been too long since her last, and the premise doesn't set my expectations very high.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I thought that was a pretty decent episode. I probably would have liked it more if we hadn't already had such an abundance of Apple family episodes already. Pretty cool to get an Equestria origin episode immediately followed by a Ponyville origin story.

Next week's Pinkie episode better be amazing. It's been too long since her last, and the premise doesn't set my expectations very high.

It sounds just like Stare Master, but without the awesomeness that is Fluttershy and the CMC, and a chance that the Cake Kids will be those horrific looking baby ponies.

Link Man

Banned
I wonder if there's any chance they went for the obvious joke and somehow got Levar Burton to go a guest voice....

And yay Rainbow Dash episode for my Birthday vacation! Just need a scene with Dash reading to Scootaloo to make it.... THE BEST EPISODE EVER!

Whoa, my birthday is Feb. 6. Freaky.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
>> send settler ponies to starve in a place infested with timber wolves

/Trollestia

>> make out with settler dad in front of his jealous wife

/Molestia

as much as i dislike celestia, feeding dirt ponies to wolves cant really be faulted.

Nice episode, and the Apple family being responsible for Ponyville?! Awesome.

Though the flashback makes me wonder, was her name always Granny Smith? I kind of almost wanted her to be old back then too, but young GS was cute, dat braided mane.

I'm glad we're seeing a return of monsters. They were sorely lacking so far!

Though it feels kind of wrong for Apple Bloom to have two episodes already whereas some of the mane 6 haven't had theirs yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lets try and get some future episode discussion going.

Next Week:
"When the Cakes need a babysitter to watch their twin toddlers, Pinkie Pie decides to take on the task, but she soon realizes that she is woefully unprepared for the challenge and must think quick to keep the young children under control."

So.. Why is Pinkie stealing Fluttershy episodes?

What disaster has occurred in town that would make the Cakes leave the kids with the four legged diabetes factory?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I started hating that episode, but Granny Smith exceeded my expectations. That was cute, funny, and heartwarming, just like the best MLP episodes. :)

EDIT: I lol'ed at Ma getting NTR'd by Celestia.

Ok, I was sorta expecting the rough storyline but didn't anticipate the origin story :eek:

Nice episode, but did anyone see Derpy? Might have missed it.

Yeah I didn't see her either, she must've been hiding really well like in May the Best Pet Win.

Nice episode, and the Apple family being responsible for Ponyville?! Awesome.

Though the flashback makes me wonder, was her name always Granny Smith? I kind of almost wanted her to be old back then too, but young GS was cute, dat braided mane.

Yeah this was an all around fun episode. I was really hoping to see a young GS and wasn't disappointed. FAR cuter then some of those early fan arts.

On one hand, Granny Smith IS a common type of apple that's green. So maybe her parents were dumb enough to name her Granny Smith after the apple without thinking of the consequences.

I've seen a lot of people on Ponibooru have taken a liking to calling her "Annie Smith" and as she got older it became Grannie Smith.

OMG Aero

Maybe her name isn't actually Granny Smith. Like how my Grandparents aren't called Grandad and Grandma but that's what I'll always call them. Other characters that aren't related to her probably call her Granny Smith as an affectionate nickname or because they don't know her actual name and she doesn't mind.
And yeah the young Granny Smith design was pretty good, I wonder if it was a callback to that Applejack sketch from Lauren Faust's pitch for the show:

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Maybe her name isn't actually Granny Smith. Like how my Grandparents aren't called Grandad and Grandma but that's what I'll always call them. Other characters that aren't related to her probably call her Granny Smith as an affectionate nickname or because they don't know her actual name and she doesn't mind.
And yeah the young Granny Smith design was pretty good, I wonder if it was a callback to that Applejack sketch from Lauren Faust's pitch for the show:

The show creators probably didn't really think too much about this. They just created an old lady character because they loved the pun.

Orcastar

Considering that young Granny Smith's mane and tail are almost identical to that pic, I'd say yes.

Some other stuff that comes to mind:

So Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are all in the same class now? Or is their school course-based? Where were Snips and Snails?

Also, why didn't we learn anything about AJ's, Apple Bloom's and Big Mac's parents!?

Sciz

Granny Smith had already been getting a lot of the best scenes this season, and now she has one of the best episodes. Lots of great character interaction, some worldbuilding (Ponyville backstory and a map? :eek:), and plenty of the crazy-ass magic and monsters that really define the series.

Granny Smith had already been getting a lot of the best scenes this season, and now she has one of the best episodes. Lots of great character interaction, some worldbuilding (Ponyville backstory and a map? :eek:), and plenty of the crazy-ass magic and monsters that really define the series.
I liked the CMC pulling a Weekend at Bernie's on Granny Smith.

Top Bottom