• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just finished watching the episode.

+Good moral lesson
+Filling in backstory for Ponyville and Granny Smith
+Diamond Tiara getting owned

-No Main six

Overall a very good episode.

iRtYbXRwzr6zr.gif

I think this gif accurately summarizes what My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i wonder what foresters excuse is for old timey canterlot having 'celestia is watching you!' posters everywhere.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i wonder what foresters excuse is for old timey canterlot having 'celestia is watching you!' posters everywhere.
That you're reaching....

But the scene did make me notice that Granny Smiths map is all wrong. She said they founded the farm next to the forest, but on her map, the farm is on the clear other side of Ponyville from the forest.

blamite

That you're reaching....

But the scene did make me notice that Granny Smiths map is all wrong. She said they founded the farm next to the forest, but on her map, the farm is on the clear other side of Ponyville from the forest.
We saw the settlers cutting down some trees near the edge of the forest when they first showed up. Most likely they cutting, and the area Ponyville now occupies used to be part of the forest. The Zap Apples are still controlled by natural waeather because they used to be part of the forest.

What I want to know now us what used to be in that area when the old castle in the forest was still being used, and why it was abandoned.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
We saw the settlers cutting down some trees near the edge of the forest when they first showed up. Most likely they cutting, and the area Ponyville now occupies used to be part of the forest. The Zap Apples are still controlled by natural waeather because they used to be part of the forest.

What I want to know now us what used to be in that area when the old castle in the forest was still being used, and why it was abandoned.

Still, how would they hear the timber wolves if the farm weren't bordering the forest.

THE MAP ON THE SHOW WITH MAGICAL COLORFUL PONIES IS INACCURATE!

I was lucky enough to go to Bronycon in NYC this past weekend and they had a screening of the Family Appreciation Day episode which really was quite fantastic despite not featuring the mane six at all.

(Also this kind of happened when the theme song started: http://bit.ly/yXGKcP )

Gotchaye

We did get one of the Dr. Whooves...es though.

You can see him watching the family as they pass by, as if he knows what they will go on to do...

Are you talking about the unicorn with the mustache in the lower right? That didn't look much like him to me, but I'm having a hard time making out the cutie mark. Whooves definitely shows up earlier in the episode when Granny and AB go into town, but I didn't see him in Olde Canterlot. It would be very cool if he showed up in both in the same episode, though.

Link Man

Banned
Are you talking about the unicorn with the mustache in the lower right? That didn't look much like him to me, but I'm having a hard time making out the cutie mark. Whooves definitely shows up earlier in the episode when Granny and AB go into town, but I didn't see him in Olde Canterlot. It would be very cool if he showed up in both in the same episode, though.
Regeneration?

blamite

The 3rd Doctor is the one in old Canterlot, right in the middle.

blamite

I wish there would be a really great AJ episode, since she's kind of an underappreciated character I think, but at the same time, I'm glad she'll (mostly[hopefully]) sit this one out. This season has way too much Apple family already. They've had Sisterhooves, Cutie-Pox, and Family Appreciation already, with at least one more on the way. My biggest problem with Season 2 so far is that most of the eisodes are totally focused on just one or two characters especially compared to Season 1, where the majority prominently featured all of the main 6. Hopefully we'll get more of that type of episode in the second half of the season.

Cheerilee

Just caught up. Glad to see Granny Smith looking like something other than a joke character based on the Granny from Beverly Hillbillies.

So Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are all in the same class now? Or is their school course-based? Where were Snips and Snails?
My theory is that Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell didn't go to Ponyville school (Sweetie Bell lived with her parents and didn't really "reside" in Ponyville with her sister, and who knows what Scootaloo's home life is like), but Twilight had a talk with Cheerilee, which was why Cheerilee crashed a CMC session and gave them a personal invite to join in the school play.

I'm pretty sure Celestia abandoned the old "Pony Sisters" castle almost immediately after her battle with Luna/Nightmare Moon. Too much emotional connection.

Question is, did the dangerous forest surround the old castle before or only after the Nightmare Moon incident? Celestia warned the dirt pony settlers about the forest, so she knew it was there and that it was dangerous. It could've always been there, and acted as a convenient security barrier, no threat to Alicorns. Or maybe Celestia put it up by herself after moving out, to prevent ponies from snooping in her private matters.

Um, is that the Illuminati triangle and eye in the background? Somepony on the team has a sense of humor.
The also used an image from the Bohemian Club, a secret society of powerful people that wish they were as cool and mysterious as the Masons, but are much less likely to hold really deep dark secrets (although more likely to hold regular dark secrets).

SR2ie.jpg

Gi4fF.png

I hope Last Roundup isn't just a misunderstanding situation, and that Applejack is actually lost or in danger.

We've already seen RD trapped by the rocks, something like that maybe.

I just don't want it to be "Haha, she was just fine, character X who was told where sh would be forgot to tell the others!". Too cliche. I want some life endangerment.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I hope Last Roundup isn't just a misunderstanding situation, and that Applejack is actually lost or in danger.

We've already seen RD trapped by the rocks, something like that maybe.

I just don't want it to be "Haha, she was just fine, character X who was told where sh would be forgot to tell the others!". Too cliche. I want some life endangerment.

Turns out Applejack is with them the entire time and no one notices.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Three weeks of earth ponies... Hopefully there will be songs, and Applejack being dawwwww.

But our reward is an episode with the most adorable synopsis ever.

My biggest problem with Season 2 so far is that most of the eisodes are totally focused on just one or two characters especially compared to Season 1, where the majority prominently featured all of the main 6. Hopefully we'll get more of that type of episode in the second half of the season.
I know what you mean, that and Twilight was a big catalyst for the gang in a lot of Season 1 and I liked that as her role. We don't get to see as much of her these days.

I swear to Celestia if this is an Applejack episode and it doesn't prominently feature her I'll lose it!

Top Bottom