• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect multiplayer FPS Was In Development, Canned. Screenshots [Up: Video]

As much as I love the character interactions in Mass Effect, I don't think BioWare ever really do their own universe justice. I would love for other devs to take a crack at utilizing the fiction in lore in other games, and the first things that come to mind are a multiplayer shooter, an RTS/space sim, and an MMO. There's so much that can be done in this incredible universe and I think BioWare have had their fair turn already.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Looks like Halo.

Looks like an Unreal Tournament 3 mod. The Hammerhead even jumps exactly the same way as the Manta. The Mako might as well be the Goliath, and the gunship a Raptor.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Problem with going FPS is that you can't really do a cover-based style game. I kind of like the MP they have in the game, it's a little different. There seems to be quite a few 4-player-co-op games on the market (L4D, Heist, Borderlands), but I'm slow to think of a TPS one.

Problem with going FPS is that you can't really do a cover-based style game. I kind of like the MP they have in the game, it's a little different. There seems to be quite a few 4-player-co-op games on the market (L4D, Heist, Borderlands), but I'm slow to think of a TPS one.

Gears of War

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
From just going by the screenshots, I think they had the right idea with the current MP in Mass Effect 3. Keep it a TPS. And hopefully we do see an MMO in the near future, as doubtful as that may be.

Gears of War 2/3's Horde mode was straight copied to create ME3's co-op multiplayer. (Not that that is bad, it really was their best option)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Mass Effect 3 is as dude bro as it can possible be already, why not take it one step further?
It's a trap!

Calling practically every FPS/TPS a dudebro game is rather pretentious and false. I just don't see the series in this light.

Oh and how about another top-down Mass Effect game ala the old iPhone game. You know, the one with Jacob. :p

USIGSJ

Looks like an Unreal Tournament 3 mod. The Hammerhead even jumps exactly the same way as the Manta. The Mako might as well be the Goliath, and the gunship a Raptor.

Yes, vehicle control code is same for all 3 vehicles. After second viewing I also noticed Hammerhead has Manta seats icon bottom right, and Gunship has Raptor icon. Also notice how non UT3 part of the HUD doesn't update information on the minimap, and for example when he fires a missile. Also RL works exactly the same, same particles effects. They really based this on UT3.

It's a trap!

Calling practically every FPS/TPS a dudebro game is rather pretentious and false. I just don't see the series in this light.

Oh and how about another top-down Mass Effect game ala the old iPhone game. You know, the one with Jacob. :p

I would love something that used the art style from galaxies, the gameplay not so much.
Maybe a turn based top down squad thingy.

bengraven

It really does look like Halo. No trolling, the weapon and vehicle designs, etc. Kind of missing that space age pop-art feel.

Tain

I like how the vehicle is exactly like the Manta.

unreal engine 3 tool templates hell yeah

edit: oh, beaten

Top Bottom