• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

I would like to add Brutus the Barber Beefcake. I dug the crazy outfits, hedge clippers, sleeper hold etc. Couldnt really wrestle or talk worth a damn but hey.....

Kaladin

Yeah, as a kid, Goldberg was it. If you were between the ages of 10-15, he was the baddest, toughest, scariest MFer on the planet during his run.

Goldberg matches were booked for that age range too.

Incredibly long entrance to build up hype

Ring intro

Spear

Jackhammer

1, 2, 3

Two big moves and it's over, add a hot crowd and kids go wild.

DMeisterJ

Banned
CENA IS NOT ON STEROIDS!

I wonder how Vince sleeps knowing he can suspend someone for using synthetic marijuana, but the two faces of the brand currently are pumping Steroids through their body like candy. There's no way Cena or Rock would pass a real drug test.

I marked for Ken Kennedy so I guess that makes him my guilty pleasure, I swear that his TNA form of Mister Anderson comes off like 10 times worse.

Kaladin

I marked for Ken Kennedy so I guess that makes him my guilty pleasure, I swear that his TNA form of Mister Anderson comes off like 10 times worse.

Kennedy was worth marking for, Anderson however is horrible.....the multiple comebacks for no apparent reason, going between heel and face as he pleases....the character is a joke now.

Cagey

Banned
Goldberg matches were booked for that age range too.

Incredibly long entrance to build up hype

Ring intro

Spear

Jackhammer

1, 2, 3

Two big moves and it's over, add a hot crowd and kids go wild.

As a little kid prior to that era, my favorite wrestler was Bret Hart. By a mile. Loved his matches no matter how long they went, liked all the moves, thought the Sharpshooter was the absolute shit.

But something about Goldberg compared to every other monster that squashed people just worked. He was booked like an angry, incredibly strong guy they pulled off the street that would rampage everyone in pro wrestling and probably hurt them all (even though you kinda know its fake at that age, but aren't 100% appreciative of that fact).

jmdajr

I wonder how Vince sleeps knowing he can suspend someone for using synthetic marijuana, but the two faces of the brand currently are pumping Steroids through their body like candy. There's no way Cena or Rock would pass a real drug test.

I don't really care who's on the juice, but they should at least be consistent with their policy and not just strictly punishing jobbers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, as a kid, Goldberg was it. If you were between the ages of 10-15, he was the baddest, toughest, scariest MFer on the planet during his run.

Heh. At the time (I was in my early 20s I reckon) I was ambivalent towards him. When I was a kid, I marked the fuck out for the Road Warriors.

At the dinner table: "Mom, no, I'm serious! They poked out Dusty Rhodes' eye with their shoulder pads! I saw blood! It was real! Will you buy me some shoulder pads with spikes?"

Aiii

So not worth it
LOL AJ as a wrestler?

Ridiculous

I love AJ as a wrestler. I also loved heel AJ from FCW. I hope Bryan helps her become Divas champ so she can turn heel with him.

So there.

Shame she didn't get to do the Sliced Bread #2 or the Octopus instead of that rollup.

Kennedy was worth marking for, Anderson however is horrible.....the multiple comebacks for no apparent reason, going between heel and face as he pleases....the character is a joke now.
That's sad to hear, on the rare occasions that i've caught the man on TNA I could already tell he'd fallen quite a way down, I figured that he'd actually benefit from TNA but turns out I was wrong.

I'll just blame Orton, halting the progress of wrestlers I like such as Kennedy and Kofi....hang on, they all have names beginning with K, Kane better stay on his toes.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Guilty Pleasure: Santino Marella. Wrassling doesn't have to always be serious with 5* matches. I also want to laugh and be entertained when I watch.

Yep.

P.S. Socko vs Cobra was the best part of this year's Rumble.

bart jr

Neo Member
My guilty pleasure was KoKo B Ware. I don't remember anything about his matches, but he came out to the ring with a parrot and for some reason I thought that was the shit when I was a little kid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My guilty pleasure was KoKo B Ware. I don't remember anything about his matches, but he came out to the ring with a parrot and for some reason I thought that was the shit when I was a little kid.

I did too. Talking to my brother.. "Man I like High Energy!"

God damn that's some bad shit.

Morgadeth

'Ohno' sounds like dubya dubya eee needs a 'Hero' They should bring Chris
Hero!
up to bury Dwayne. If Cena isn't cleared to compete, that is.

evil ways

I don't even remember Koko's finisher. All I knew was he had a bird and stole Macho Man's shades.

jmdajr

And heck he made the hall of fame!.. So not bad. Did my guilty pleasure make the hall of fame? Fuck no!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Goldberg was my guilty pleasure as well. The guy was awesome and the crowd blew the roof off the arena when his music hit.

I still think (with the right writing team) WWE could bring in Lesnar and successfully build him up like Goldberg was at the time. Won't happen, though, because the writing team is terrible.

Kaladin

My biggest guilty pleasure as a teenager was the Dungeon of Doom. Especially when they feuded with Hogan and friends. I think this was the first time I really started liking heel factions over babyfaces. Kevin Sullivan was awesome as The Taskmaster and his band of monsters was always interesting.

tm24

The craziest Colt Cabana stuff was his feud with Homicide. Since it was so odd seeing Colt trying to kill someone

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My biggest guilty pleasure as a teenager was the Dungeon of Doom. Especially when they feuded with Hogan and friends. I think this was the first time I really started liking heel factions over babyfaces. Kevin Sullivan was awesome as The Taskmaster and his band of monsters was always interesting.

Yknow one of my weird things is I have a Dungeon of Doom promo on my WCW Archive channel I maintain, and it consistently gets SHITLOADS of hits. Never knew who the hell loved Dungeon of Doom so much.

Also, a Lizmark Jr. match gets views an awful lot. Weird world.

By the way, while I was out, sidelined from injury, I saw your sign on Raw. Truly amazing.

Thank you sir. I did it for the Wrassle GAF... I it for the people.

Bill I assure you with the Heart of the cards, that I promise to become the biggest damn Chikara Mark on here.

I would expect nothing less from you G-Fex.

My guilty pleasure has to be the Yeti. I think its only because Tony Schiavone kept calling him the Yet-ay.

G-Fex

I want to see if there's chikara characters like that DJSandman had but the damn community creations isn't working right now. Stupid online system.

Kaladin

I want to see if there's chikara characters like that DJSandman had but the damn community creations isn't working right now. Stupid online system.

WWE 12 online is a joke. As soon as this semester is over I'm sending it to Amazon with my books.

WWE 12 online is a joke. As soon as this semester is over I'm sending it to Amazon with my books.

is it time to bitch about wwe 12 because im in, fuck that game worst 60 dollars i ever wasted thq had the nerve to use an online pass for that piss of shit game. for 3 month i could not download any caw. the online matchmaking blows and every match felt like a slide show

G-Fex

is it time to bitch about wwe 12 because im in, fuck that game worst 60 dollars i ever wasted thq had the nerve to use an online pass for that piss of shit game. for 3 month i could not download any caw. the online matchmaking blows and every match felt like a slide show

Yup it's terrible.

If I had storymodes in older games like Day of Reckoning and a huge custom roster too then I would do it there.

Kaladin

Haha, goofy colt must of been a shock than? That was the match with the ending involving bleach right?

I think so, that was also the match where Homicide (I think) got the fans to throw a ton of chairs in the ring. That show was actually my introduction to Ring of Honor and hell, any wrasslin outside of WWE or TNA. That match and Danielson vs Storm sold me on that company.

Still can't believe Community Creations is having problems to this day. Oh well, onto WWE '13! I'm sure a working Community Creations server is one of the new features.

bart jr

Neo Member
Oh yea, my other guilty pleasure as a kid were the Bushwackers. I used to walk around my house like them all the time, haha.

Does everyone remember what their first Pay Per View was? Mine was the 1992 Royal Rumble. I don't remember the entire card(I was 7 or 8 at the time), but I clearly remember The Orient Express wrestling, the British Bulldog coming out first in the Rumble match, and Monsoon & Heenan commentating the PPV.

I'm still trying to figure out the reason for putting this in there. Kevin Nash powerbombs Triple H for no fucking reason. Triple H then no sells it and walks out of the room like nothing happened. WHAT THE FUCK.

Are you kidding, at the rate this company is going, it is THE new feature.
"HEY GUYZ. WWE 13 IS GOING TO BE GREAT. COMMUNITY CREATIONS WORKS AGAIN. WE PROMISE!"

This never gets old, the new thing I noticed this time around is that HHH sounds like he's taking a particularly brutal shit when getting up off the floor, funnily enough the game itself is particularly brutal shit.
What I just noticed this time around is that it's Kevin Nash on the cell phone.... DESPITE BEING RIGHT NEXT TO TRIPLE H. Like, does Trips somehow not hear him? Does he teleport into the room? Is Nash a ninja?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom