• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Excellent news. I am excited. Did you see at the very end of the video Elise is approaching a LOOP in the middle of the track. Sweetness.

Since "Mt. Eddie" is "Tricky themed" I really hope we get another mountain that is SSX 3 inspired (maybe name it Mt. Allegra or just straight up Big Mountain).

Hale-XF11

Sweet, looks like the perfect mixture of old and new. I especially like that it's a really long mountain with no death pits. HUGE thumbs up to that. Looking forward to this.

This is gonna be so good. Got my SSX juices flowing again after a few weeks of not touching the game (not due to boredom though, just busy)

EDIT: WAT @ the Gold Medal score. That run must be like 10 minutes long.

red731

HOLYYYYYYYY SSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I haven't been playing anything on my console for like week and a half and this will get me into gaming again haha!

BRING IT ON!

Ooh, nice. The ubiquitous death pits and human-pinball caves turned me off even more than I thought and I haven't played SSX at all for some weeks now, but this looks very good indeed. My wallet is ready.

Tain

So we're sitting here trying to beat this grudge match. I'm hearing people say that you can go to another event, change Zoe's equipment, and back out, but that is absolutely not working for us. Nor is finishing another event with the equipment we want. It seems like we're stuck with this trick-oriented board.

Anyone?

MMaRsu

Banned
So we're sitting here trying to beat this grudge match. I'm hearing people say that you can go to another event, change Zoe's equipment, and back out, but that is absolutely not working for us. Nor is finishing another event with the equipment we want. It seems like we're stuck with this trick-oriented board.

Anyone?

I don't really understand what you are asking here..

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Please no death pits, please no death pits.

It may sound petty but ultimately that is what killed the fun and made me eventually quit caring enough to keep playing.

Tain

I don't really understand what you are asking here..

For the final race (Zoe against Griff) in World Tour mode, the game skips the equipment selection screen. I've searched around and read that if you change Zoe's equipment in another event, that equipment will carry over to the Griff race, but it seems that no matter what we do, we're stuck with the same board. I'm wondering if there's some specific event we're supposed to be looking at to change Zoe's equipment.

For the final race (Zoe against Griff) in World Tour mode, the game skips the equipment selection screen. I've searched around and read that if you change Zoe's equipment in another event, that equipment will carry over to the Griff race, but it seems that no matter what we do, we're stuck with the same board. I'm wondering if there's some specific event we're supposed to be looking at to change Zoe's equipment.
Never heard of this exploit before.

If you just want some tips and tricks, and see a good racing line, watch this video:

YouTube

It helped me a lot.

Mister Snig

Neo Member
I'm looking forward to the DLC, but judging by that teaser video, the one key thing it's missing is the cheering crowds. It's part of what made SSX's atmosphere so grand, IMO.

Getting back into the groove for the DLC, and man I just realized I haven't played like 70% of the drops yet :lol. I'm so afraid of death pits ruining my fun that I just stick to the tracks I know

Getting back into the groove for the DLC, and man I just realized I haven't played like 70% of the drops yet :lol. I'm so afraid of death pits ruining my fun that I just stick to the tracks I know
If I had to guess Id say death pit tracks outnumber normal tricks 3:1. There are still a fair amount though, someone in this thread I made a list of my favorite tracks (most of which were non death pitted).

B-Dex

I'm going to add a bunch of gaffers from the PS3 list. I need friends for badges :p PSN is B-Dex here if you want to add me.

*Checks DLC pictures, sees Kaori

533382_373005962737579_112224572149054_1002220_310236027_n.jpg

I will download this DLC. :D

Has the DLC characters been revealed yet? I'm going to be pretty hyped if we get classic Eddie.

Oh yeah, the rest of the pictures:

Eddie (still has the beard):

541148_371756066195902_112224572149054_999627_756166499_n.jpg

Mac (looks like a boss without the beanie or hood):

579383_373730455998463_112224572149054_1003913_1003613006_n.jpg

Moby:

485226_373681532670022_112224572149054_1003788_533771755_n.jpg

Zoe:

523011_372990316072477_1004571480_n.jpg

Psymon:

485674_372307729474069_112224572149054_1001002_22007609_n.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
I actually picked up SSX3 on Gamecube today because y'all were recommending it but goddamn does it play so much different ( not perse better ) than SSX 2012.

So I've got a lot better at this lately. I'm not great, but I'm generally getting down the mountain with one combo which feels great. When you're flying it looks so fucking awesome, I just wish it was on PC for all the extra visual bells and whistles.

With that said, the death pits are killing so many courses. My girlfriend and I both hate them. It just ruins the flow so much and having to look for your way around a huge hole isn't where the fun is in this game.

I'm glad the DLC has got rid of them, but I won't be buying it.

Only 3 music tracks? A little disappointing, since they're adding an area with 9 drops in it. It would have been nice if each drop had its own retro music track.

DLC needs to hurry up. The new track looks so good. I know some of you guys like the backcountry SSX3 look that most of SSX 2012 has, but Mt. Eddie is my kind of SSX. I love the fact that it looks like a course that was man made. Not nearly enough of those in the vanilla game.

word, I'll take SSX tricky style tracks over SSX3 tracks anyday...

B-Dex

OK So I added a bunch of gaffers and crushed a lot of scores. I apologize. I wasn't even trying to crush the scores I was trying to get golds!

OK So I added a bunch of gaffers and crushed a lot of scores. I apologize. I wasn't even trying to crush the scores I was trying to get golds!

I'm starting to add people to my friendslist as well, already added yours.

psn: flakari (I posted my psn earlier but it was on the bottom of a page)

soultron

Banned
Hey SHREDDING BROS,

Todd Batty (kingbitty on reddit) will be doing an AMA on the SSX subreddit this coming Monday (April 30, from 1-4 PM PST) and he wanted me to let you know. So feel free to ask any questions and make any (crazy) requests for future SSX content!

I'll link it here and in the new DLC thread when it goes live!

soultron

Banned
Played for the first time in a while. I felt like I was flying an F-14 fighter jet again. The sense of speed when you're high level is fantastic.

soultron

Banned
Yes. Its awful. Soultron of course loves it. =p

Yeah, I do love it! It demands perfection. The feeling of successfully pulling that run off is amazing.

I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls lately and completing OSA gives the same sense of satisfaction I derive from dismantling a hard boss in DS. :p

Top Bottom