• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ? Assassin's Creed video (old trailer, new pics tho)

Xrenity

New screenshots?
50391420060823_155708_3_big.jpg

50391420060823_155703_1_big.jpg

50391420060823_155705_2_big.jpg

50391420060823_155711_4_big.jpg

llTll

Banned
drohne said:
screens looks awesome. and it's got bladed weapons that actually stab!
yeah when i saw that shot, i was like woah its actually stabs :lol

awsome this is the first game i am going to have so much fun killing people

Wollan

Can't get it to work. And for some reason my Firefox 2beta has reverted back to WMP9.
(Explorer with WMP10 doesn't work either...just stands waiting 'connecting')

Drek

In the last posted pic that looks like some Terminator style ripped flesh exposing metal. The talk about him being from the future might be true eh?

mrwilt

Absolutely amazing. Speechless. Look how the material is torn where the sword is going through the body in the first pic.

jett

D-Member
50391420060823_155711_4_big.jpg

Nice, the detail on the main character is almost the same as in the E3 CG trailer. Here's a direct link to the vide, which I have not sen yet because the server is a piece of shat and who knows if its even new:

http://dl-1.free.fr/52616e646f6d495...1fc23bea8f06416831/AssassinsCreed_Trailer.avi

Drek: his middle finger was replaced with a retractable blade as part of the rite of passage to becoming an assassin...if it was done in the middle ages or in the future who knows. :p

llTll

Banned
solarplexus said:
We need more mirrors. Jeux-France is down, the mirror is slow as hell (3.2 KB/SEC).

Where's blimblim?

i just finished downloading it. its old. same video on the assassin creed website. nothing new here.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
drohne said:
screens looks awesome. and it's got bladed weapons that actually stab!
when i first read that i didn't get what you meant.... then the screen loaded. :lol

that's cool

OmonRa

Drek said:
In the last posted pic that looks like some Terminator style ripped flesh exposing metal. The talk about him being from the future might be true eh?

Those are metal studs on the glove. For the BILLIONTH TIME this is NOT a time travel game. This is not Time Cop/Terminator with swords.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
OmonRa said:
Those are metal studs on the glove. For the BILLIONTH TIME this is NOT a time travel game. This is not Time Cop/Terminator with swords.
So what was up with that wierd computer matrix-like stuff at E3?

OmonRa

dark10x said:
So what was up with that wierd computer matrix-like stuff at E3?

When the game comes out (or marketing decides to release the info) you'll find out. I think a magazine already basically gave it away, anyway.

dark10x

OmonRa said:
When the game comes out (or marketing decides to release the info) you'll find out. I think a magazine already basically gave it away, anyway.
I suppose I actually don't want to find out until the game is released, so I probably shouldn't have even asked. :p

dark10x

OK, that trailer was awesome...

Was that realtime or not? It looks a bit too good to be realtime...but it also looks a whole lot like the realtime shots above. I've heard that the animation is great, so it seems possible, but that was almost TOO good. The video wasn't large enough to determine one way or the other.

BigBoss

dark10x said:
OK, that trailer was awesome...

Was that realtime or not? It looks a bit too good to be realtime...but it also looks a whole lot like the realtime shots above. I've heard that the animation is great, so it seems possible, but that was almost TOO good. The video wasn't large enough to determine one way or the other.

The trailer was CG.

Mario_Hugo

Lisa Edelstein's dad touched my private parts. True fact.
I honestly think this is the single best looking next gen game I've seen yet.

Mark Gonzales said:
How anyone is impressed by this is beyond me. The animations will save the game though.

Are you serious? Have you not witnessed the scope of the game? It's a wide open city busseling with people...loaded with physical interations. You have full acrobatic mobility..swinging and climbing from rooftop to rooftop...as well as complete control over each limb of the body.

dark10x

BigBoss said:
The trailer was CG.
That's what I figured, but it really does look very much like the realtime shots posted in this thread. The motion was simply too smooth, though.

dark10x said:
That's what I figured, but it really does look very much like the realtime shots posted in this thread. The motion was simply too smooth, though.

I always thought the E3 trailer was more of a cleaned up version of the real time stuff. Maily the framerate since people who saw it at E3 in playable form said that the framerate was pretty bad.

element

Mark Gonzales said:
How anyone is impressed by this is beyond me. The animations will save the game though.
have you actually seen gameplay? I got a presentation at E3 and it was easily one of the best looking games there.

element said:
have you actually seen gameplay? I got a presentation at E3 and it was easily one of the best looking games there.

Not to mention being done by one of the best development teams in the biz. It looks utterly fantastic imo.

element said:

I feel as if there were a few moments of gameplay featured in the pre-E3 2k6 trailer (like when our Assassin climbs over the castle wall to sneak up on the guards). Would you say that to be the case.

I'm referencing 00:40 to 00:48 (time-wise) in the video below:

Pre-E3 2k6 Assassin's Creed Trailer

element

Moderation Unlimited said:
I feel as if there were a few moments of gameplay featured in the pre-E3 2k6 trailer (like when our Assassin climbs over the castle wall to sneak up on the guards). Would you say that to be the case.

I'm referencing 00:40 to 00:48 (time-wise) in the video below:

Pre-E3 2k6 Assassin's Creed Trailer
in one of the trailers there is a brief second or two of gameplay. but that really doesn't show anything off. getting a 10 minute demo of all the actions and how the game actually works gives you a better idea, as well as a better appreciation for the game they are making.

dark10x

element said:
in one of the trailers there is a brief second or two of gameplay. but that really doesn't show anything off. getting a 10 minute demo of all the actions and how the game actually works gives you a better idea, as well as a better appreciation for the game they are making.
Can you give any indication at as to whether or not their current progress on the actual game is anywhere near the CG trailer above?

dark10x

I know that, but I've NEVER seen it running in realtime so I'm curious as to whether or not the game in its E3 state was looking anywhere near as good as that CG trailer (regardless of framerate problems).

Top Bottom