• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ? Assassin's Creed video (old trailer, new pics tho)

X26

Banned
Mark Gonzales said:
How anyone is impressed by this is beyond me. The animations will save the game though.

The concept is what has people really excited about the game

element

Mojovonio said:
I wanna see modern day shots....
they haven't openly talked about the modern aspects of the game yet. The only things that pointed to the game having a modern feel (either gameplay or store) was the UI, which looked like it was from Minority Report or something, and the death sequence with you walking up in a white room and there is a 'modern' doctor looking down at you.

one thing ubi has said that there is a common theme and that this is already planned as a multiple game series. So we might get hints in the first game and have a different time in the second or third game.

Kittonwy

Banned
element said:
have you actually seen gameplay? I got a presentation at E3 and it was easily one of the best looking games there.

Why is everybody making like this game is god's gift to gaming? I haven't seen any real-time stuff on this (aside from a few seconds here and there from the Ubi trailer), is there footage that is supposed to be impressive?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
element said:
they haven't openly talked about the modern aspects of the game yet. The only things that pointed to the game having a modern feel (either gameplay or store) was the UI, which looked like it was from Minority Report or something, and the death sequence with you walking up in a white room and there is a 'modern' doctor looking down at you.

one thing ubi has said that there is a common theme and that this is already planned as a multiple game series. So we might get hints in the first game and have a different time in the second or third game.

Element how close does the real game look compared to the E3 video that we all got to see on IGN? Is the real game close?

element

mckmas8808 said:
Element how close does the real game look compared to the E3 video that we all got to see on IGN? Is the real game close?
well it looks close but different. The combination of great art direction and amazing animation make this game look like nothing before it.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
element said:
well it looks close but different. The combination of great art direction and amazing animation make this game look like nothing before it.

:eek:

Coming from O2/Element, that is a huge statement...

Mrbob

element said:

You know, speaking of Minority Report, I wonder if AC on PS3 will use the Eyetoy 2 at all for some Minority Report style free hand action.

Mrbob said:
You know, speaking of Minority Report, I wonder if AC on PS3 will use the Eyetoy 2 at all for some Minority Report style free hand action.

I doubt it but it Kuturagi or Harrison talked about that Eye toy/Minority Report style interface for PS3 but who wants to buy an expensive camera when you can use a controller?

That would be cool though

element

Kleegamefan said:
:eek:

Coming from O2/Element, that is a huge statement...
now i don't want this getting out of hand now, hehe. The game looks great, but this is the type of game I really wanted to see out of next-gen. the screens we have seen so far are pretty much direct screens, so that should give you an idea. But like many have said, the motion/animation really sells the game.

I love how all the hardcore fanboys are suddenly not impressed by this title now that it is known to be multiplatform :lol

The stabbing sword in the new shot is absolutely ace. Just watched Kingdom of Heaven last night and was thinking about when we would get new media for this game

Kittonwy

Banned
meltpotato said:
I love how all the hardcore fanboys are suddenly not impressed by this title now that it is known to be multiplatform :lol

The stabbing sword in the new shot is absolutely ace. Just watched Kingdom of Heaven last night and was thinking about when we would get new media for this game

For the record I have never been hyped on this game even from the beginning, exclusive or not. If I'm supposed to be impressed, at least show me what I should be impressed by because I've only seen a couple of trailers with a few real-time bits and that was it, I didn't see the private E3 showing so obviously my perspective is different from that of let's say, element.

jett

D-Member
element said:

Okay, how about the ANIMATION in the the actual game, is it comparable to the animation in the CG trailer?

I'm really frigging pumped for this game, I can't wait to see some goddamn gameplay videos.

Top Bottom