• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend a laptop PC for my parents

Neiteio

My parents' current PC desktop is slow as molasses: at least six or seven years old, an outdated processor, 1GB of RAM, etc. They mainly use it for browsing the Internet, word processing and viewing vacation photos. They want a laptop, something stable and fast, ideally with screen 17" or more.

They've been looking at various models from various companies with i5 and 8GB RAM. My dad would prefer something with a non-glossy finish, so it doesn't get covered in fingerprints. (Even though they will using a separate keyboard.)

What would you guys recommend? Any particular packages come to mind? Something fast and stable they can use to browse the Web, do word processing and view pictures without the computer slowing down or freezing or crashing?

(I personally use an i7 8G RAM (2GB VRAM) GTX 560M Windows 7, but that's for gaming and I don't know what would make most sense for them)

Top Bottom