• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 |OT| The fun has been TRIPLED!

Narag

Well everyone thinks you are too, so...

hH59z.gif

McNum

Well this thread's title suddenly turned into an understatement for this episode. So many Pinkies. Was a pretty fun... yes I realize what I just wrote... episode. Also good to see the original Pinkie having learned a bit from the previous seasons, of course.

Whogie

Funny episode, but got a bit weaker on the second half when it got more serious, but didn't quite fit together. Spike finding the book like that was silly, and the clones lacked Pinkie's knowledge. A quiz on her past would have ID'd her.

I was half expecting an ending like
Pinkie: "Thanks, but I'd rather stay home today Twilight Sprinkle."
but I suppose that wouldn't be too appropriate.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Funny episode, but got a bit weaker on the second half when it got more serious, but didn't quite fit together. Spike finding the book like that was silly, and the clones lacked Pinkie's knowledge. A quiz on her past would have ID'd her.
Ok, but here's the thing: they don't know that. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie herself is too distraught over not being able to conclusively prove herself when they're all the same vector, so that knowledge stays with her.

Really fun episode, as fan of Pinkie as I am. Too bad the face was spoiled, becuase it would have made an amazing moment of the episode. The fingers part was also good and that kind of joke though.

BTW, no one talks about the scebne were Pinkie Pie draws applejack and Fluttershy's faces? Soooo good, it remind me of the chraicatures Hotdiggedydemon.
applejack50uxu.jpg

fluttershypluti.jpg

Meanwhile on Earth 2

Oh DC universe, why you dont make sense. It drives me nuts :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Really fun episode, as fan of Pinkie as I am. Too bad the face was spoiled, becuase it would have made an amazing moment of the episode. The fingers part was also good and that kind of joke though.

BTW, no one talks about the scebne were Pinkie Pie draws applejack and Fluttershy's faces? Soooo good, it remind me of the chraicatures Hotdiggedydemon.
applejack50uxu.jpg

fluttershypluti.jpg

I honestly thought it was a reference to his artstyle.

According to EqD, Episode 8 is still unknown, and Episodes 9 and 10 are Apple Family Reunion and Spike At Your Service, rather than 8 and 9.

According to EqD, Episode 8 is still unknown, and Episodes 9 and 10 are Apple Family Reunion and Spike At Your Service, rather than 8 and 9.
IIRC it's because of a gap in Zap2It's episode listings.

Now, on the one hand, Zap2It correctly identified an out-of-order initial airing of Season 2 episodes 11-13 (that is, they had S213 ("Hearth's Warming Eve") airing before S211 ("Family Appreciation Day") and S212 ("Baby Cakes"), which Netflix reflects, although iTunes does not). So it's possible that the missing S3E8 means they're holding onto that episode for a later date - that it might be tied to some holiday or something in January, like how S2E13 was a Christmas episode and was better being aired before S2E11 and S2E12. Although, I'll be honest, I can't think of any notable holidays in early January other than New Year's, and a New Year's episode would be best aired on the Saturday before, which is when S3E10 airs.

On the other hand, IIRC Zap2It still doesn't list S2E10 ("Secret of My Excess"), S2E19 ("Putting Your Hoof Down") or S2E25/26 ("A Canterlot Wedding, Part 1" and "Part 2") at all. It's entirely possible that S3E8 will still air somewhere between December 15th and 22nd. Although it'd be rather weird to squeeze a new episode in between two new episodes on consecutive Saturdays; I can't think of any good reason to do that.

Or maybe Zap2It's just wrong this time, and "Apple Family Reunion" and "Spike at Your Service" really are S3E8 and E9, respectively. Not likely, given their track record, but totally possible.

Conclusion: don't worry about the episode numbering until after the fact. Just... don't. Speaking from experience, it's not worth the headaches, and people will look at you funny. Besides, this is the show that had a fall episode two episodes following a winter episode in the first season.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And I always assume the CMC's are roughly 9 years old.

I mean, children doing carpentry at the age of 5 would be pretty weird.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
And I always assume the CMC's are roughly 9 years old.

I mean, children doing carpentry at the age of 5 would be pretty weird.

5 is too young, but I think 9 might be overshooting a tad. Maybe 7 or 8.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CMC episode, so the episode will probably be great. Though I didn't care much for Bab's voice in that clip.

My prediction is that she sees the error of her ways, and in the process earns her Cutie mark.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Alright episode. The song was a lot of fun.
Sweetie Belle had the best lines (as usual).

It was a decent episode, I figured Babs would've been bullied in the past, a little predictable but not detracting from the episode. I do like the ritual initiation of the cmc though.

$200

Banned
Though I thought I hated the new song, I have listened to it 6 or 7 times now. It's not on the same level as the seaon 2 songs but imo it's the best one so far this season.

fd6.png

Foxix Von

Pretty bland, forgettable episode all around.

Really? It's probably been my favorite episode of this new season so far. I really, really liked it which is crazy for me to think about since I started off HATING CMC back when they were introduced.

I also really loved the song :(

Top Bottom