• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 just deleted my campaign/online progress, HALP

Halo 4 just deleted my campaign progress. I'm unable to select anything past the prologue even though I'm on the sixth mission. My save file hasn't been deleted. As well as this, my online progress has been deleted 3 times where all my loadouts and armour/emblem customisations are wiped and when I start the game, I get that welcome to Halo 4 splash screen and when I select Infinity I get that intro video again each time this has happened (my level, commendations, unlocks etc are fine though). This is the first time that my campaign progress has been changed, the previous times only my online stuff was touched. What is going on? Anyone else affected?

LevityNYC

Banned
That's odd. I'd recommend backing up your save on a thumb and then deleting it on your console as well as any install data and try again

Yeah, I lose my loadouts every now and then but I haven't lost campaign progress yet. Every time this has happened to me was related to profile switching (between players 1 and 2).

At least, you get to rewatch that Infinity intro vid. I wish there was an ingame option to watch it again.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't understand the rationale behind having the substitles option return to default after I play a different game, I know Bungie did it too, but it was moronic then, and it's just as bad now. Fix it Frankie.

This just happened to me too. I had only Reclaimer to complete on Legendary before I could get the Mark VI armor and the "The Legend of John 117" achievement (I completed a mix of co-op and solo Legendary).

It did save my checkpoint on Reclaimer - so the question is, if I complete it will I still get the armor and achievement?

Yeah I lost an hour and some change playing the campaign because I thought that the game auto saves at checkpoints. I cut the system off instead of pausing and selecting the "save and quit to menu" option and I lost all that progress. I was pissed.

Halo 4 just deleted my campaign progress. I'm unable to select anything past the prologue even though I'm on the sixth mission.

This happened to me after I connected to Live. I had completed the SP offline, but I played co-op on another console when I was hooked up to Live. As soon as I hooked my own console up to Live the saves were seemingly replaced with the stuff we completed in co-op.

Anyone know how to prevent this issue in the future?

And I ask again - are the achievements and Mark VI armor tied to completing the campaign commendation (which is saved in the "cloud" and was saved in my case), or the part that was wiped out - the icons and progress in the campaign page? I had just one more campaign level to complete to get the armor.

Another problem I have had since the start is that when I click on halo waypoint on halo 4 it crashes my machine.....can this be fixed? I tried deleting and redownloading but it still does the same thing!

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Another problem I have had since the start is that when I click on halo waypoint on halo 4 it crashes my machine.....can this be fixed? I tried deleting and redownloading but it still does the same thing!

Apparently the bug is related to having the first disk of the game installed on your xbox's hard drive. You might try un-installing Halo 4 and then running the game from the disk instead of the hard drive to see if that fixes the problem.

I just launch Waypoint from the dashboard, which is silly, but at least it avoids having to reboot my xbox.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one I guess. Happened to me for the second time today (the campaign/load out reset). I think I've just about given up on Halo 4, and really wish I hadn't purchased the War Games pass.

gaming_noob

My controller keeps disconnecting when playing Halo 4. The battery is still 3/4 bars full. When I disabled rumble it never happened again. Is this a known issue?

Also...in multiplayer..why do I always get 1 kill added to my total after the game is ended and i'm in the summary page?

RotBot

Joining a co-op game with someone and finishing a mission should unlock that mission for you to begin a solo campaign from. I don't think you'll get the campaign completion achievement until you rebeat all of the missions, even if you've previously unlocked the mission achievements.

Joining a co-op game with someone and finishing a mission should unlock that mission for you to begin a solo campaign from. I don't think you'll get the campaign completion achievement until you rebeat all of the missions, even if you've previously unlocked the mission achievements.

That is such a bummer. I've been working on Legendary since launch and was one level away.

Is there a way to download a save file and upload it to my Xbox to get back to where I was? All I really care about is the Mark VI armor TBH. Re-unlocking all the levels isn't such a big deal because I can just blaze through the campaign on Easy.

That is such a bummer. I've been working on Legendary since launch and was one level away.

Is there a way to download a save file and upload it to my Xbox to get back to where I was? All I really care about is the Mark VI armor TBH. Re-unlocking all the levels isn't such a big deal because I can just blaze through the campaign on Easy.

Update: finished the last level I had left to complete and I DID get the armor but I DIDN'T get the achievements. Just an FYI for those who are also affected by this issue.

Esiquio

This just happened to my friend yesterday as well. What the heck is going on? He said the only thing he did differently was play a custom game instead of match making. And when he logged in yesterday to play with me he was back at SR1 and had nothing unlocked and no progress or loadouts. How can this be restored?

Manfred X

Neo Member
Oh hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one I guess. Happened to me for the second time today (the campaign/load out reset). I think I've just about given up on Halo 4, and really wish I hadn't purchased the War Games pass.

This. I'm really disappointed. It's sad because I genuinely like the game, but this russian roulette of my campaign, load out, and armor data is too much for me to handle.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sorry for bumping an old post but it fits here perfectly.

I've had my multiplayer load outs deleted 5-10 times and lost my campaign progress twice. Sold my copy but can't find any acknowledgment by 343 that they were/are patching it or anything. How is this issue relegated to random angry message board posts like mine?

Top Bottom