• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 16 original Modern Warfare 2 (2009) maps coming to Modern Warfare 3, Activision has confirmed

Draugoth

Gold Member
MWIII-REVEAL-PRELUDE-TOUT.jpg

A message from the Call of Duty team.

In 24 hours, we will all jump into the Shadow Siege Limited Time Event and experience a first look at the all-new, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III, set to launch on November 10th. This reveal represents a special moment for Call of Duty®, as for the first time in franchise history, this year’s premium release serves as a direct sequel to last year’s Modern Warfare® II.

Our vision to deliver back-to-back Modern Warfare games has been years in the making. From the start of development across both Modern Warfare II and Modern Warfare III, Sledgehammer Games has worked closely with Infinity Ward to create a blockbuster sequel in the Modern Warfare series, featuring the return of iconic heroes and villains alike. Players will be able to grow closer to the characters, delve deeper into the storylines, and continue to build out progression and loadouts without interruption.

Each title release represents an epic experience that stands on its own in terms of unique gameplay and innovation. Modern Warfare III, however, pays off what the previous titles have set up. It’s poised to settle old scores and start new ones. With back-to-back premium releases, we are truly thrilled for what the future holds for Modern Warfare and Call of Duty.

While tomorrow is only the beginning, our teams have set their sights to create an incredible, premium annual game experience across Campaign, Multiplayer and Co-operative modes as well as deep integration with Call of Duty: Warzone. A few highlights that we’re most excited about:

· For the first time ever, a direct sequel in back-to-back years delivering an all new Campaign that marks the return of Makarov.

· With Carry Forward, players can continue to enjoy player inventory and weapon progression from last year’s Modern Warfare II into this year’s all-new, Modern Warfare III.

· Did someone say Zombies? More information coming soon on the new Modern Warfare® Zombies: The largest Zombies offering to date.

· New Open Combat missions in Campaign; new Combat Vests and Perk system for customizing your Multiplayer Operator; new Tac-Stance movement; new After-Market Parts for unparalleled Gunsmith customization and more.

· One access point for your future Call of Duty content. Starting with Modern Warfare II and Warzone, and now with Modern Warfare III and beyond, players can navigate all their content in one place, we call it Call of Duty HQ – making it easier to select which game and modes you wish to play.

· New additions to Ricochet Anti-Cheat™ as well as new anti-toxicity plans to continue to deliver a fun, fair and welcoming online experience for all players.

· Roadmap of post launch live seasons of additional new content.

Starting tomorrow and in the weeks to come, we’ll unpack a ton more information as we approach the November 10th release. We can’t wait for you to see what’s coming with Modern Warfare III.

Thank you for continuing to take this journey with us.

Puscifer

Carry forward made this a purchase for me. I'm definitely waiting for a sale though during the holidays unless the beta, like MW, is THAT good it makes me want to learn playing

Soodanim

Gold Member
I have absolutely no plans to ever play COD again, but...

Favela!!!!

So many great maps in MW2, no wonder they're returning.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Im not seeing anything that says the old maps are returning.

Would be nice, but I doubt it.

Just give me No Russion 2.0.

In this day and age that shit would get cancelled in .01 seconds.

ManaByte

Gold Member
One access point for your future Call of Duty content. Starting with Modern Warfare II and Warzone, and now with Modern Warfare III and beyond, players can navigate all their content in one place, we call it Call of Duty HQ – making it easier to select which game and modes you wish to play.

This is the transition to full GAAS. No 2024 COD release.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Just give me No Russion 2.0.

In this day and age that shit would get cancelled in .01 seconds.
in any day and age it'd get cancelled because murdering dozens of people in an airport isn't a good thing regardless of if you're woke or not

it's only there because COD wanted to be omega edgy

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
in any day and age it'd get cancelled because murdering dozens of people in an airport isn't a good thing regardless of if you're woke or not

It would only get vancelled because its a video game. Countless other mediums where the exact same thing happens. Games are held to a different standard.

Either because they are seen as "for kids" or because they are "interactive"

Sounds like Call of Duty is becoming a platform on its own. Where you choose which games you want to play in the CoD HQ. Interesting.

Bridges

Fuck, I guess I'm in.

I was hugely disappointed in the new MWII, but those classic MW2 maps will pull me back in. Favela, High Rise and Terminal are all better than anything from the games that have come out since.

I just hope they overhaul the perk system again, because I hate what they did to it in the last game

Soodanim

Gold Member

I don't buy the reasoning. It's part of a story, it's optional to shoot, and it's not real. If this shooting is bad, all games with innocent death should banned forever. Bye bye GTA.

pasterpl

I like COD, it is not overly ambitious but allows me to jump into MP whenever I have got 15-30 minutes of spare time. With the series sales you are always guaranteed to find game quikcly. I usually play CTF modes or team deadmatch - more maps, even if these are remakes of old ones got me hyped a bit more. I buy COD every year. (Bought last year release and similar to elden ring it is till unboxed as I haven’t time to play at all in the last 12 months, what is saving me is xcloud on my mobile (which in my location plays perfect).

Because there will be ZERO MW3 maps on launch lol....this is a joke. They make it sound big but you are getting what you already had before from all DLC.

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

So the additional original 10 DLC maps will come later? Really had hoped they release all 26 with the release-version.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
MWIII will launch with all 16 original MW2 maps.

• Afghan
  • Derail
  • Estate
  • Favela
  • Highrise
  • Invasion
  • Karachi
  • Quarry
  • Rundown
  • Rust
  • Scrapyard
  • Skidrow
  • Sub Base
  • Terminal
  • Underpass
  • Wasteland

As much as I hate to say it - especially after MWII's horrendous PvP mode - this is a too big trip down memory lane to pass by.

Voting on maps and bumping up health to 150% - they only need to dial down the SBMM and good ol' CoD is back.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Treyarch still has a game coming next year. Rumored to be Black Ops: Gulf War.
Probably there would be three mainline free to play Call of Duty multiplayer games and all yearly "single player campaigns" will be released as expansions that you pay for.
Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops and Advanced Warfare 2 will probably be the final COD games. Multiplayer may even become free in future.

Top Bottom