• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard says it's working on adding their games to Game Pass. But Modern Warfare III and Diablo IV won't be available.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I bet Blizzard is and has always been violently opposed to putting Diablo on Gamepass. (Probably have no love for their new overlords either) I'm thinking Phil's recent visitation to Blizzard was to calm the waters by giving them about a half a year until it's ported over. They can technically get around not having it on their because it's way too late to claim "Day One" on Gamepass.
Darth Phil, starts to motion towards the door, stops, turns around and exclaims "Pray, I don't alter the deal any further."
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

twilo99

I bet Blizzard is and has always been violently opposed to putting Diablo on Gamepass. (Probably have no love for their new overlords either) I'm thinking Phil's recent visitation to Blizzard was to calm the waters by giving them about a half a year until it's ported over. They can technically get around not having it on their because it's way too late to claim "Day One" on Gamepass.
Darth Phil, starts to motion towards the door, stops, turns around and exclaims "Pray, I don't alter the deal any further."

Its going to be okay, I promise.

Really? I can't wait to see all of these on GP:

• Call of Duty games
  • Crash Bandicoot games
  • Diablo games
  • Spyro games
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games

Completely whiffed on the Project Gotham Racing series—still some of the best single player and multiplayer racing out there…especially the Cat and Mouse mode.

Bizzare got swallowed by ABK long ago and after PG4 floundered (especially since ABK did f*** all to promote it), they shelved the series and repurposed the studio.

PGR5 needs to happen—borrow Turn 10s car models and physics engine, and create a brand new arcade, non-sandbox racing experience.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I assume the gamepass inclusions will be things like discounts to Blizzard games.

Got gamepass? 50% off your WoW sub.
Got D4? Get your battle pass 50% off.
Got gamepass? Get OW2 battle pass 50% off.

Stuff like that. Or when d4 expansion launches you’ll d4 on gamepass to play base game eternal , but Need to buy expansion to do seasonal content.

raduque

This will be a way for me to play Blorps 3 and Blaps Cold War. I have the other two Bloops games, but those are both still full price.

Havoc2049

Completely whiffed on the Project Gotham Racing series—still some of the best single player and multiplayer racing out there…especially the Cat and Mouse mode.

Bizzare got swallowed by ABK long ago and after PG4 floundered (especially since ABK did f*** all to promote it), they shelved the series and repurposed the studio.

PGR5 needs to happen—borrow Turn 10s car models and physics engine, and create a brand new arcade, non-sandbox racing experience.
All the PGR games were published by Microsoft and they own the IP. There was even a Project Gotham Racing game on Zune HD. Microsoft went full Forza though, so we'll probably never see another PGR game again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I bet Blizzard is and has always been violently opposed to putting Diablo on Gamepass. (Probably have no love for their new overlords either). I'm thinking Phil's recent visitation to Blizzard was to calm the waters by giving them about a half a year until it's ported over. They can technically get around not having it on their because it's way too late to claim "Day One" on Gamepass.

Youre Weird Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

Ozzie666

Imagine gamepass sub include free monthly Warcraft access. Could keep the game going for a long time and use the shop to keep it afloat.

The decision to not put D4 on there is interesting, Starfield could have benefited from the same treatment.

CuNi

Imagine gamepass sub include free monthly Warcraft access. Could keep the game going for a long time and use the shop to keep it afloat.

The decision to not put D4 on there is interesting, Starfield could have benefited from the same treatment.

I can't see this happen, not with all those 1 year bundles etc. A sub at its lowest is already more expensive than a gp sub currently. I can see the price of gp increase and as a benefit U get like a 25% discount for your wow sub but they'd be bleeding money if they were to give out the subs for free.

Sure all wow players would get gp and that would skyrocket numbers, but they'd be loosing money on every wow sub.

WitchHunter

Banned
Aka: "We will work with Microsoft to put this shit on as many platforms as possible, keep it cross-gen for the entire gen, and kill absolutely all ambition. You should expect minimal graphical enhancements, multiplatform development for even more platforms, for the rest of the gen. Please look forward to it!"

But yay. Gamepass. Give me a break. This deal will destroy COD
No, gamepass is the future! Shall I start quoting people from this forum who applauded gamepass as a service and willingly did the fellatio to MS? I have a few dozen. Why are you opposing Phil Spencer? This is all you people wanted with gamepass, now let MS do its job and include COD and all the Blizz franchises on that game service. Games for everyone, games for every third world country at a reasonable price. Too much revenue is not chic anymore, haven't you heard? Double standards you mean? Those should not exist at a company so honest as Microsoft. So go on, funnel your 60 billionish investment into gamepass. Everyone loves gamepass, it's the future of value making. I'm wondering how come Alan Wake 2 is not accessible on gamepass, what a shame. They should be also bought out.

MS is a perfect franchise builder. All hail Microsoft. The future is now!

Top Bottom