• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 |OT| The fun has been TRIPLED!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ooo Trixie episode, this season may be redeemed after all.

Orcastar

Synopsis for episode 7:

Season 3 Episode 7
Air Date: December 15
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash receives an invitation to attend the Wonderbolt Academy but questions whether she is Wonderbolt material.

Sounds like a retread of Sonic Rainboom to me...

$200

Banned
Synopsis for episode 7:

Season 3 Episode 7
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash receives an invitation to attend the Wonderbolt Academy but questions whether she is Wonderbolt material.

Calling it now, the pegasus seen flying with Dash is actually a Wonderbolt.

Synopsis for episode 7:

Season 3 Episode 7

But she's been claiming to be Wonderbolt material for years. Looks like her ego's caught up with her

EDIT: Keep using the wrong formatting code.

McNum

Synopsis for episode 7:

Season 3 Episode 7

That's about what I expected when I saw the name of the episode. Looking forward to this one, though, it's going to be fun to see
one of the Mane Six actually get close to achieving one of their dreams. And see if she'll choose to go for it or not when she learns what it really means.

I'm kind of rooting for
Dash to actually become a Wonderbolt eventually. But meeting your heroes and learning what they do is usually quite the eye opener.

$200

Banned
That's about what I expected when I saw the name of the episode. Looking forward to this one, though, it's going to be fun to see
one of the Mane Six actually get close to achieving one of their dreams. And see if she'll choose to go for it or not when she learns what it really means.

I'm kind of rooting for
Dash to actually become a Wonderbolt eventually. But meeting your heroes and learning what they do is usually quite the eye opener.

1a9.jpg

Dashie will never be able to join the Wonderbolts as long as Spitfire is still in charge.

Orcastar

Synopsis for episode 9!

Apple Family Reunion
Synopsis: Granny Smith agrees to let Applejack lead the Apple Family reunion but Applejack loses sight of what is truly important.

Character development for AJ? Well I never!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I'm kind of rooting for

I expect:

Congrats dash you made it into the wonderbolts!
Everyone: "Yay"
Now you have to leave ponyville and travel the world with us!
Everyone: "D:"
Dash: Blah blah friends are the most important, I'm going to stay, maybe next time.

I expect:

Dash: Blah blah friends are the most important, I'm going to stay, maybe next time.

I expect that in a regular Wonderbolts story, but they also need to teach the lesson about going separate ways, but that'll probably be reserved for the final episode

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Synopsis for episode 9!

Apple Family Reunion
Synopsis: Granny Smith agrees to let Applejack lead the Apple Family reunion but Applejack loses sight of what is truly important.

Airs on Dec. 22. Synopsis sounds like set up for National Lampoons Vacation.

COINCIDENCE? I HOPE NOT!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Synopsis for episode 9!

Apple Family Reunion

Wait, that doesn't make sense. What would AJ lose what is truly important when it's never been hinted that she has that problem?

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Another new S3E5 clip!
SADDLE Arabia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGgjiG411og

Contains spoilers, of course.

Trixie wearing a suspicious amulet with matching glowing eyes and magic beams? Either she's toying with cursed artifacts she doesn't understand, King Samba isn't as dead as we thought and is pulling a Sailor Moon 'Monster of the Week' routine (Rather ironic considering the original Magical Mare Pilot), or Trixie secretly hates the Equestrian Middle East.

Most likely we'll find out Trixie is being influenced by the amulet, she'll eventually be defeated and freed by Twi/she sees the error in her ways, they kiss and make up and Trixie leads the entertainment for the delegates with her parlor tricks.

I expect:

My guesses:

1. RD will fail half-way through, but the message will be "don't give up your dream just because you stumble a few times."
2. RD and the rival fail by trying to one-up each other all the time, and forgetting that team work is also very important.
2. RD will "win", but only because her rival for the episode had to bail them out of something, at which point RD will insist they take in the rival instead.

Expanded synopsis for Episode 7:

Rainbow Dash can't believe her luck when she gets an exclusive invitation to enroll at Wonderbolt Academy, but soon she is wondering whether she is really cut out for the school and whether someone else would be a better fit.

UberTag

This ep = reference overload

Was worth it just to see the countless disguises at the end (Apple Bloom, Big Mac and Granny Smith all dolled up as AJ variants, Sweetie Belle as filly Rarity, Fluttershy as a Dash doppelganger).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Nope, that first half of "demonstrating Trixie's powers" pretty much lap on the Trixie fans' ideas.

Best episode.

Trixie haters shamed.

Oh I agree it's a good episode (and definitely leagues above that CMC ep last week), but that's because of the main characters rather than her. That fluff towards the end was rather handled so quickly that it felt like it was swept under a rug. Although kudos for the fourth wall magic.

Parfait

Literally the best episode of the show. That everything was just amazing, especially Trixie.

But even as a Trixie fan, I still loved this episode for everything else.

Most Especially that last second, hahahah

But i think my favorite is
the snips and snails abuse. It's about time they got punished for ruining Trixie's career

Twilight couldn't do the aging magic either, but it was still possible.

Obviously that's the "next level" of studies Celestia mentioned.

Top Bottom