• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 |OT| The fun has been TRIPLED!

And yet Rarity makes a business of making outfits with gems. Remember that set Sapphire Shores wanted?

I know.. it is as if, they are seen like we see common rocks when they are by themselves, but put them on a dress? I WANT 50 OF THEM!

I am convinced ponies of Canterlot are rich because they constantly buy each other products with no consideration of what outsiders think, and outsiders, wanting to follow along, come and empty their hard-earned bits from crappy jewel-encrusted dresses...

Either that, or Unicorns...

Spike I understand, it is food for him. Diamond Dogs? They horde... Ponies? I have no idea.

So... this episode takes place concurrent with S3E12?

Well, it makes sense why they delayed it; what doesn't make sense is why they'd planned it out like that in the first place.

How exactly does it explain why it was moved :S?
In S3E8,
Spike babysits the pets while the main cast go off to the Crystal Empire to help Princess Cadance welcome the head of the Equestria Games
. In S3E12,
the main cast go off to the Crystal Empire to help Princess Cadance welcome the head of the Equestria Games

Peewee would have had to endure involuntary servitude via that House-Slave Dragon anyway. Perhaps, it was for the best.

Regarding the new clip... I wish I had jewels handy to bribe a dragon. Again, where does everyone get these things?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay episode, felt kind of... there. Meh. At least we get an explanation for what happened to Peewee.

T-minus 3 weeks to fandom meltdown.

And T-Minus 2 weeks until we see how they tie this episode to the one it was rescheduled to meet up with. I wonder how much of this episode they're gonna reuse? Seriously, the concept of two episodes happening at the same time, while not a new one, is rather enticing.

(I'm just confused as to why they put three other episodes between the two. Clearly, I've got a lot to learn about the animation industry...)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well I can't imagine there will be too much crossover, except for the ending. Spike and crew were only int he Empire as the ponies were leaving.

Maybe, but I'm wondering how much wink-wink-nod-nod there will be between the two; like, the episode will feature them on the return trip, and Rarity's luggage mysteriously collapsing, or weird noises on the train.

Actually, it might've been more amusing to put S3E8 after S3E12 if those were the scenes they chose to tie the two episodes together with...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
7lgkvi3.png

Not Angel's shit again...

In S3E8,
Spike babysits the pets while the main cast go off to the Crystal Empire to help Princess Cadance welcome the head of the Equestria Games
. In S3E12,
the main cast go off to the Crystal Empire to help Princess Cadance welcome the head of the Equestria Games
Same page, man :V

UberTag

Angel Bunny cracks me up.
I get a kick out of the fact that the pet that's the biggest jerk is attached to the pony with the sweetest disposition.

Angel Bunny cracks me up.
I get a kick out of the fact that the pet that's the biggest jerk is attached to the pony with the sweetest disposition.
Life is cruel that way I suppose. Although it does give an indication or what type of person Fluttershy would want as a mate...er... *ahem*

I thought that title belonged to Opalescence?

Rarity is hardly sweet, and not generous at all in this episode. Hell, DASH gave more than she did! DASH!

I have more to say on the episode, but honestly forgot most of it. Two things I remember... 1) Zecora being an ass to Spike (who admittedly deserved it)but to donate the jewel in front of him.. that was a dickish move. 2) Spike bribing Granny Smith...there is a certain author I follow who will do something horrible because of that. BUT WHY DOES SHE NEED MONEY???

Angel continues to annoy...

$200

Banned
Finally, a good Spike episode!

Did anyone else think Sweetie Belle (and Scootaloo to some extent) sounded different?

And yet that tiny gem was enough to buy this:

224796__safe_animated_winona_spoiler-s03e11_50e03067a4c72d77460006b6_51040a147f123b02890001degif.gif

I am stealing this gif. Anyone have the Owl pasted up in whatever dye he had all over him?

I wasn't talking about Rarity, I was talking about Opalescence, who is, in my mind, "the pet that's the biggest jerk".

Eh, Winona doesn't seem to mind it much.

Opal, is a cat! Cats are evil.. Therefore.. no, I won't say it. People already hate me!

...that's because a dog will always come back when you kick it.. which is sad.

I want that hair dryer!

Edit: Although Tank has been missing a long time now.. I love Dash's and his dynamic. Makes me happy!

UberTag

Opal's just conceited. And that's further amplified by Rarity's pampering.
If you stay out of her way, she'll stay out of yours. Like most cats.
Hardly a jerk.

Whereas Angel goes out of his way to be a pest to anyone that isn't Fluttershy... and he's only nice to her because she's easy to manipulate.
He gets his way most of the time, exploits her kindness and monopolizes her time.
For all intents and purposes he's a spoiled, bratty, 8-year-old kid... in bunny form.

ffdgh

Haha I liked dash's embarrassed affection towards tank and nice cameo for the crazy pony from daring doo and Bigmac and Cheerilee walking together.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still miffed with pets existing in the universe. Does this mean some animals talk and some don't?

I still miffed with pets existing in the universe. Does this mean some animals talk and some don't?

I always figured it was like the Chronicles of Narnia, where some creatures speak, some don't. The ones that speak are given right to rule, dominate, but should they behave like animals, well, they could lose it.

Of course the interview sort of took my explanation out, but I still find it interesting, and Winona doesn't speak, but Diamond Dogs do. Though, those might NOT be true dogs, after all...

Pigs have hooves they don't talk.
They are not... Kosher??? They are cute though ;p

Only hooved animals doesn't mean all hooved animals.

But what about the Diamond Dogs? Are Griffons hooved, or clawed? Why don't Manticores talk but Minotaurs do?
Cows talk... but they're enslaved.

True, and ponies use milk products... unless they don't which I have to wonder, HOW they make baked goods.

I am too tired to think.. but I am sure someone will come up with something.

Top Bottom