• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 |OT| The fun has been TRIPLED!

tafer

qhmBmUO.gif

I dunno.

blamite

What you guys are crazy that was a really funny episode. Some of the past four or five haven't been that great but this one was pretty entertaining all around.

UberTag

This ep was harmless and fun.

I didn't care for how Twi's cribbed relaxation techniques from Cadence had her largely acting as defacto leader & royalty already.
"We have to buy Rarity some time." <royal pause> "I'm going to bail and chill with my big brother. Can't one of you other ponies take over in the meantime?" <leaves>
She's got that middle management delegation with no accountability technique down.
You haven't got your wings yet, Princess Sparkle. Try not to rush it.

tafer

Nothing against the new episode, but the hate really got into my system and I can't stand TS now. Damn you delicious drama!

Meh episode, it was okay except for Pinkie. She now cemented a permanent spot on the bottom of my tier list. Where the god tier HWE Pinkie went? I'll never know.

This episode was OK, and so has this season. The Crystal Empire had great potential but failed because of a weak villain. We later got Too Many Pinkie Pies, Magic Duel, and Sleepless in Ponyville...and that's pretty much it for great episodes. Wasn't the point of 13-episode seasons so they could improve the quality of the show or something?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This episode was OK, and so has this season. The Crystal Empire had great potential but failed because of a weak villain. We later got Too Many Pinkie Pies, Magic Duel, and Sleepless in Ponyville...and that's pretty much it for great episodes. Wasn't the point of 13-episode seasons so they could improve the quality of the show or something?

I thought it was so they could have 65 episodes, the number required for syndication.
Since Season 4 is confirmed though, that doesn't matter much now.

StarWolf

Banned

You forgot Wonderbolt Academy.

Meh episode, it was okay except for Pinkie. She now cemented a permanent spot on the bottom of my tier list. Where the god tier HWE Pinkie went? I'll never know.

She is comedy relief now. Intelligent Pinkie is dead. I hate to say I told you so.... ;p

Actually I didn't. I am an idiot. Episode was ok. But I prefer the Spike and pets side of the story. Also, that Mare with the Chicken cutie mark should have had a headless chicken instead. She was so flighty!!!

Edit:
Too much Cupcakes, not enough Sweet Apple Massacres, or other shock fics. There are sooo many!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

blamite

Yeah, I really can't stand Pinkie lately. I think it started somewhere in the second season actually, it feels like they just changed her character slightly in a way that makes her really annoying. Maybe it's related to all the more humanlike animations she's had?
That and Spike At Your Service were the only redeeming episodes of the season.
Eww, the two back to back Spike episodes were easily my least favorit part of the season, especially since they meant less episodes for actual entertaining characters like the CMC or Rarity.
So Hasbro is okay with this on TV but not some fan made games on the Internet?

Genius
From a Hasbro lawyer's point of view, which of the two has the potential to detract from sales of official goods?

Spoiler alert: It's not the one aimed at an entirely different audience and uses none of their existing characters.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rarity may not have gotten a focus episode this season, but she had pretty notable appearances in just about every episode.

And the CMC had a bunch of great moments this season.

blamite

Rarity may not have gotten a focus episode this season, but she had pretty notable appearances in just about every episode.

And the CMC had a bunch of great moments this season.

But they could always use more! I'm just annoyed that the one character I hate with a nobodyspatzy-like irrational passion gets so much screentime despite not really being that entertaining to watch. :/

Yeah, I really can't stand Pinkie lately. I think it started somewhere in the second season actually, it feels like they just changed her character slightly in a way that makes her really annoying.

The second season had Last Roundup, where there was the extended sequence that basically said "Pinkie's friends find her annoying and don't want to listen to her".

blamite

The second season had Last Roundup, where there was the extended sequence that basically said "Pinkie's friends find her annoying and don't want to listen to her".
Which ironically was my favorite use of her yet! I think the problem is that the Baby Cakes episode and the Cranky Doodle Donkey episode game the writers the idea that she could carry an entire episode more-or-less by herself, so they made her even more loud and obnoxious , but then carried that obnoxiousness over to every single other episode. She just works best as a supporting character, and probably should have stayed that way.

balloon butt works best when she thinks she's smart (Hearth's Warming, MMMystery) or when singing

also, when she seriouses up to give the episode moral, like in Babby Cakes and Too Many PPs

brian577

Banned
Which ironically was my favorite use of her yet! I think the problem is that the Baby Cakes episode and the Cranky Doodle Donkey episode game the writers the idea that she could carry an entire episode more-or-less by herself, so they made her even more loud and obnoxious , but then carried that obnoxiousness over to every single other episode. She just works best as a supporting character, and probably should have stayed that way.

She worked fine in Baby Cakes and A Friend Indeed, then again she also wasn't a 2 dimensional idiot in those episodes.

BDGAME

Finish watch the new episode. Not bad, the last week one is best, but I like the new one too.

And about the next episode, I hope they make what will happen with Twilight permanent.

Faithless

From a Hasbro lawyer's poitn of view, which of the two has the potential to detract from sales of official goods?

Spoiler alert: It's not the one aimed at an entirely different audience and uses none of their existing characters.

My guess is it also has to do with parody laws. The game was not billed as a joke.

Top Bottom