• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 |OT| The fun has been TRIPLED!

The concept of the episode (characters winding up with wildly different roles in life, and presumably going OOC due to it) is sound, and will lend itself to plenty of humor. It's the ending that people are worried about.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Twilicorn is stupid, but honestly my biggest fear is how rushed this episodes ending will be. It's a great story premise for this episode but it's going to have some stupid tacked on "yer a Princess, Harry" ending.

$200

Banned
Another clip from the finale.

So apparently there's gonna be
a total of 7 musical numbers in the finale. As if the time constraints weren't bad enough already. Honestly, that clip makes it seems like the finale should be some kind of special hour-long episode.

Haven't seen any of the clips yet, but the leaked shots range from
night and day, Ponyville, Canterlot and Crystal Empire...so it will definitely be rushed. 7 musical numbers is possible if the entire episode is musical, though.

Twilicorn is stupid, but honestly my biggest fear is how rushed this episodes ending will be. It's a great story premise for this episode but it's going to have some stupid tacked on "yer a Princess, Harry" ending.

Its not a double episode? Serious question, aprt fro the twilight alicorn thing and the change of roles I dont know anything about the finale.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Its not a double episode? Serious question, aprt fro the twilight alicorn thing and the change of roles I dont know anything about the finale.

Nope, single episode, and apparently a musical. I've actually went ahead and avoided clips for this one.

I've heard rumor we may get a Celestia song though, which will make the Twilicorn awfulness go down easier.

Nope, single episode, and apparently a musical. I've actually went ahead and avoided clips for this one.

I've heard rumor we may get a Celestia song though, which will make the Twilicorn awfulness go down easier.

A 20 minutes musical? I dont know how they are going to accomplish that (I usually like musicals, but 7 songs in 20 minutes... is that even possible?), but if they can make it thorugh and it turns great, well, I will not mind the alicorn stuff.
Maybe the songs will carry the plot like in a Disney movie, who knows.

I dont want to hear it. But is it good?

EDIT
MOTHERFUUUUUUUUUUU lol you win sir.

Capture.JPG

Ugh, I get the worrying feeling the S4 opening 2 parter will undo any development and return status quo.

Capture.JPG

Ugh, I get the worrying feeling the S4 opening 2 parter will undo any development and return status quo.
My guess is that the S3 finale will end with Twi as a princess, and then the first episodes of S4 show that it's not all sunshine and lollipops. Maybe show some conflict between what she wants to do (ie. hang with her friends) and what's expected of her (more studying, diplomatic situations, etc). Aesop could be about how important positions have great responsibilities associated with them, and must be taken seriously.

As long as the episodes are good I'm ok with that.

Yep, if the episodes are good an entertaining, all the ponies can turn alicorns if they want.

We also need less episodes around morals in season 4 and open the series more like some episodes have done, more adventures and crazy plots, with some fun slice of life, applejack not learning anything from the Flim Flam Brothers fight was excellent.

Install this Greasemonkey script and sneaky potholes like this will become a thing of the past.

Plus it'll automatically title links that were left in URL form, which makes those list threads on Gaming side a lot less painful (since people who do drive-by YouTube URL dropping with no context are astonishingly common).

Thanks you good sir.
BTW, where is that avatar from? Seems like an animation with AVGN and the guy with glasses.

My guess is that the S3 finale will end with Twi as a princess, and then the first episodes of S4 show that it's not all sunshine and lollipops. Maybe show some conflict between what she wants to do (ie. hang with her friends) and what's expected of her (more studying, diplomatic situations, etc). Aesop could be ["with great power comes great responsibility"].
And shortly after learning this, her Uncle Ben is killed by a random mook.

And that was the day Twilight became Spider-Alicorn!

BTW, where is that avatar from? Seems like an animation with AVGN and the guy with glasses.
here

UberTag

Five hours of Twilight Sparkle episodes. Talk about overkill!
Just finished watching the part of Winter Wrap-Up where Twilight laments that she has no wings to help Dashy and Derpy clear clouds. Hmmm...

Apparently someone at that animation studio is a fan.
Makes sense, the two of them are pretty popular on Nicovideo. Multiple episodes subtitled in Japanese.

So... season finale today. How bad will the meltdown be?

Wow, didnt know that, good for them!

Just watching a stream, the trixie episode was so fun.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
WTF was that? Is this the series finale?

Season 4 has been confirmed. But since this was the 65th episode, and cartoons tend to last 65 episodes for syndication purposes, consider this is pseudo-finale.

McCarthy claims this is "Part 1 of 3". Meaning they'll likely reverse this when Season 4 starts up.

Pretty good episode, I liked the songs, and Twilycorn didn't offend me as much as I thought. But it feels like this episode is special for other reasons, I can't think of what it is....

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Parfait

Stay Pony My Friends

Yes, Twilight, I'll stay so pony

What a fantastic ep, time to get the popcorn and watch the angst about it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pretty good episode, I liked the songs, and Twilycorn didn't offend me as much as I thought. But it feels like this episode is special for other reasons, I can't think of what it is....

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Someone's getting fired...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also: That spell was clearly something Discord (AKA Starswirl the Bearded) came up with

Top Bottom