• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game & Wario: direct feed footage of the Japanese retail release!

zroid

Banned
Thanks to GAFfer Tilmen:

Here is another video i just uploaded....of course with both screens in it. THIS is the BEST MINIGAME Ever made....it shows my entirely freaky childhood XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzZaKGkQldU

I think if you've followed this game at all, you know which "best minigame" he's referring to ;)

Looks real good IMO. Definitely retains the style and humour of the WarioWare series.

edit: moar
here we go...ASHLEY Gameplay. Now i can show U DUAL SCREEN Gameplay eveyone ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmXTTFDi7vs

Here are 16 Minutes "Ski" Gameplay. Of course showing gameplay via Dual Screen recording ^o^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADq8_N6alLc

Here is some PiRATES Gameplay....all with Dual Screen ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NP6mxEZhBw

And that mini-game also allows you to play the micro-games without interruptions, if you prefer.

Just picked this game up, though. Looking forward to playing it when I get home. It looks super fun.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Some of the new 2D artits (presumably from Nintendo) look really good. Overall this looks like Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven Team, Nintendo's Kiki Trick Team, and the Nintendo/IS WarioWare DIY team all had to come together to make this first HD Wario.

Penguin

And that mini-game also allows you to play the micro-games without interruptions, if you prefer.

Just picked this game up, though. Looking forward to playing it when I get home. It looks super fun.

Oh I was wondering about that
Does it have a decent selection.. seemed like a greatest hits

Some of the new 2D artits (presumably from Nintendo) look really good. Overall this looks like Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven Team, Nintendo's Kiki Trick Team, and the Nintendo/IS WarioWare DIY team all had to come together to make this first HD Wario.

It does have a cameo from Annoying Orange in the Shield Pose/Pirate mini-game.

Oh I was wondering about that
Does it have a decent selection.. seemed like a greatest hits

No idea, they've never officially said, but it seems like the microgames are old/adapted. The item games may be knew since they use both screens though.

i thought the Rhythm Heaven team WAS the WarioWare team?

looks good

when's it out

reggie_notmyproblem.jpg

dwu8991

Banned
Sad to say but watching the Nine Volt gameplay is like watching the same GBA game except not as fun, terribly boring and inept of any challenge.

This is probably the least excited I have been for a Wario Ware title.

kiri

Really enjoying the game so far... cannot stop listening to the 'Ski' replay theme...having it on an endless loop is heaven!

zroid

Banned
Thanks for translating the Iwata Asks! Pretty interesting stuff. I wish they'd have included one of those games with the hardware anyway as an early demo of sorts. :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The WarioWare characters are probably my favorite collection of Nintendo Designs ever. Despite all of them virtually being little more than quirky mascots, they've all got eyecatching and personality filled designs.

I'd really like to see them brought into the larger Mario universe, like Kart and the Sports games, instead of relying on random mooks.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh, and are there any new lyrical songs in this game?

The Lyric Songs in WarioWare games are always pretty catchy, especially the Work Out theme from D.I.Y.

Thanks for translating the Iwata Asks! Pretty interesting stuff. I wish they'd have included one of those games with the hardware anyway as an early demo of sorts. :p

No worries, it's done now. Let me know if you, or anyone, wants clarifications.

Gonna be obsessively getting those 240 gacha toys now!

Was wrong about the Sketch stuff in a previous post. It's a separate game, which posts your drawing to Miiverse automatically after 1 minute drawing time. Could be cool.

EDIT: "Ashley" game looks gorgeous. I demand full releases that look like that and 'Kung-Fu'.

EDIT2: Godzilla is attacking the city at the end of the video for Bird! What!
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asaj/game/bird.html

zroid

Banned
No worries, it's done now. Let me know if you, or anyone, wants clarifications.

Gonna be obsessively getting those 240 gacha toys now!

Was wrong about the Sketch stuff in a previous post. It's a separate game, which posts your drawing to Miiverse automatically after 1 minute drawing time. Could be cool.

EDIT: "Ashley" game looks gorgeous. I demand full releases that look like that and 'Kung-Fu'.

Feel like making a new thread for it? Maybe the allure of an Iwata Asks will actually get some more people to pay attention to this game. :V

Village

Yo, the mom gamer game is one of the best things I have seen in a while, also the intro art was great too.

This game makes me want ashley and young criket in smash brothers even more.

Madouu

I think this would have been pretty cool as a pack in title but I do understand their choice of having it sold stand alone.

The part about having different directors from different departments was definitely interesting. Maybe a sign of the direction Nintendo is going for in the future.

Thanks for the translation StreetsAhead.

Madao

The WarioWare characters are probably my favorite collection of Nintendo Designs ever. Despite all of them virtually being little more than quirky mascots, they've all got eyecatching and personality filled designs.

I'd really like to see them brought into the larger Mario universe, like Kart and the Sports games, instead of relying on random mooks.

they should make a Wario Kart with all of them and some insane tracks from the Wario ware and land series.

Holy funk this game is cool and really sticks with the WarioWare style while expanding on it.

Bonus: The music has been great. Specially the Ski replay music.

vareon

Holy funk this game is cool and really sticks with the WarioWare style while expanding on it.

Bonus: The music has been great. Specially the Ski replay music.

Would you recommend this instead of Nintendoland for party play? Smooth Moves is one of those games you have to show to other people to show your brand new Wii, I'm hoping this game is crazy enough to be one.

Would you recommend this instead of Nintendoland for party play? Smooth Moves is one of those games you have to show to other people to show your brand new Wii, I'm hoping this game is crazy enough to be one.

I haven't played multi yet、and there's only four that directly support multi-player, though others (like Gamer) can have people watching for things.

So far, though the art is clean, the music fun and the gameplay varied enough to be a nice showcase.

The game takes you through a tutorial of each game at first.

Arrow: First stage was pretty slow/easy, but I imagine it gets frantic later on.

Shutter: Was kind of interesting and looked better than in screen shots/videos.

Ski: Was really fun, and the music all sorts of cool, especially in replay.

Pathwork: Could get really tricky in later stages and the animation of the completed patchworks was adorable.

Kung-Fu: Controls were a bit loose, but was a cool concept and so fucking pretty.

Gamer: Fun, difficult, and charming. Fuck mothers who climb out of TVs. Worried about the variety of micro-games though.

Design: Drawing the right length/angle was more difficult than I thought! Plus, it features a character being flushed down their own toilet.

Ashley: Charmingly adorable, controls well. Looks like a cartoon, but Ashley is in 3D. Red has become a broom, which Ashley rides through stages.

Haven't done the others yet. The title screens for each game vary from the cool to the crazy to the adorable and they really do capture the spirit of the old NES box arts.

The gatcha item song is fun and so far I've had things as varied as a recipe for shaved ice, a hamster with my eyes/mouth and a sound altering real-time microphone.

Seriously, this game is better than I was expecting back in December when I was pretty meh on it. I think it's being under estimated and under valued.

Metal B

Looks like the fictional Wii U in the Wario Ware Universe has more 3rd Party Support and better Marketing then the real one.
The game looks great. I hope it is really a great multiplayer-game =)

Top Bottom