• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hohokum announced for PS4/PS3/Vita

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
a7InJDe.jpg

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Thought it was a similar concept to Canvas Curse at first which got me really excited. :/

Still looking froward to trying it out.

Cornbread78

wow, another cool lookin' game for my VITA....

again, give us a cheap memory card Sony... How the hell am I gonna fit all these games!!!!

jgmo870

Banned
Even for 15 bucks, it still looks fairly weak for the platform.

I mean, look at a game like Journey. IT was released for around that price and it looks AMAZING on PS3. It has the graphics to match a full fledged release. Just because the game's price is limited, doesn't mean they can't give you the visuals of a more robust release.

As far as production values go for downloadable games, Journey's not a rule, it's an exception. It's also really short and simple, mechanically.

ReaperXL7

GI just deleted Vita from the listed platforms :(
Now it only says PS4: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/05/01/the-vibrant-world-of-hohokum.aspx

edit:

So much confusion but at least it still comes out for Vita.

If Sony themselves are saying Vita then its coming to Vita, if not they.probably would not have said anything.

I would assume that if things keep up most indie games that Sony snags will likely come to Vita unless it just cant handle the game.

Hofmann

Out of big three, Sony is the only one I would miss, if they left the business.

From GI:
We're trying to make a game where people can relax and just enjoy being in a space, and make their own decisions about whether to engage with the "things there are to do" or just fly around making fun shapes and listening to amazing music. There are enough games out there which spend too much time telling the players what to do constantly.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Even for 15 bucks, it still looks fairly weak for the platform.

I mean, look at a game like Journey. IT was released for around that price and it looks AMAZING on PS3. It has the graphics to match a full fledged release. Just because the game's price is limited, doesn't mean they can't give you the visuals of a more robust release.
Journey's visuals are pretty simplistic compared to full-priced games on the same platform.

The game looks pretty great. The difference is that you don't value/enjoy 2D artwork.

GameE

where does it say its for ps4 vita and ps3?
ps4 is a lock but I dont see the others on GI's site.
I love how this looks tho so day one for me.

Zia

I've wondered where this went off to. Big Dick Hogg was also working on a cute football game for PS Mobile but I haven't seen anything of it in awhile.

Salsa

this is the kind of stuff that really benefits from the Vita screen

LocoRoco and Patapon were a big part on what got me to buy a PSP. Cool to see this kind of stuff still exists

yurinka

Nice! Love the artstyle, looks great :)
Big props to Sony Santa Monica, they already helped a lot of great 'indie' games.

Loudninja

+ Ricky Haggett on May 7th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:
Yep 1080p, and we’re planning on supporting surround-sound.
I am biting my tongue right now about the music. So excited about it, but saving it for another announcement I’m afraid. Stay tuned!

+ Richard Hogg on May 8th, 2013 at 2:50 am said:
It looks amazing on the Vita screen! I am a massive perfectionist with my art and in my opinion the vita is where it looks best. We get a good framerate too.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/07/hohokum-coming-to-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-in-2014/#comment-853059

tks for whoever posted the original game video....Looks like a great title will probably day one!

Sony smelling quite good lately...

Top Bottom