• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Music videos of the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Because 80's is already awesome so let's keep it to 90's.

Anyway, I was watching Nostalgia Chick's favorite music videos of the 90's (and holy shit, she made me appreciate Backstreet Boy's Everybody music video lol). So apparently plenty of current movie directors emerged from music videos, which is interesting. And it made me go look for old 90's music videos.

Any old stuff you guys like? I love the animated one from Korn, as well as that music video featuring blue people in outer space, anime-style (forgot its name).

Anyway, I was watching Nostalgia Chick's favorite music videos of the 90's (and holy shit, she made me appreciate Backstreet Boy's Everybody music video lol). So apparently plenty of current movie directors emerged from music videos, which is interesting. And it made me go look for old 90's music videos.

Any old stuff you guys like? I love the animated one from Korn, as well as that music video featuring blue people in outer space, anime-style (forgot its name).

Daft Punk - 'One More Time' is that video by the sounds of it.

Also Radiohead - Just is a bad ass video.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Coco Jamboo - Mr. President

ip3rZ5laIm9Hc.gif

ibiCZhYbojpJPp.gif

She's such a sexy 90's girl.

Boss Doggie

Also what was that bjork music video about something repeatedly crawling and exiting her face?

The directors of that music video, Jonathan Daytona and Valerie Farris, went on to direct Little Miss Sunshine.
Yeah, man they're really good.

The late nineties really were a golden age for music videos. With the likes of Gondry, Jonze, Cunningham, Glazer, Romanek and Shynola. Video making fell off a cliff by the early 00's. What happened?

televator

Late 90's Trent Reznor chasing David Bowie.

I'm Afraid of Americans

For me it's the video that when I first saw it, I was like "That sorta looks and sounds like the guy from Labyrinth..." That's what lead me to truly know how great the Bowie is.

Addi

Man, I never knew I'd totally love Daft Punk even more.

If you like that, you should check out the rest of Interstella 5555. They made an anime to the entire Discovery album. It's from 2003 though, so it falls outside this topic.

To contribute, I loved the hell out of this one back then:

Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat

Look at him! He has sausages instead of cigars and a computer keyboard but no screen!

Boss Doggie

diffusionx

Gold Member
Man, I loved 1990s music videos. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Paranoid Android yet.

There's something about 80's, 90's and hell early 2000's music videos that recent music videos don't get.

I'm pretty sure that thing current music videos don't get is money.

In the 1980s and 1990s videos were huge for selling music to fans, so a lot of resources were poured into them.

Boss Doggie

Man, I loved 1990s music videos. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Paranoid Android yet.

I'm pretty sure that thing current music videos don't get is money.

In the 1980s and 1990s videos were huge for selling music to fans, so a lot of resources were poured into them.

Ahh true, still why less budget?

C4Lukins

Yeah Spike Jonze, Mark Romanek, David Fincher, Mark Pellington, Michel Gondry, and Francis Lawrence all seemed to get their start in music videos. I am sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind.

DeadTrees

The late nineties really were a golden age for music videos. With the likes of Gondry, Jonze, Cunningham, Glazer, Romanek and Shynola. Video making fell off a cliff by the early 00's. What happened?

Proliferation of internet access -> trivial music piracy & online distractions -> implosion/dispersion of the anglo pop music industry -> no more money for remakes of A Trip to the Moon.

BearChair

Maybe you guys can help me find a video that I remember, but a song that I do not.

The video was a series of skateboarding clips with failed tricks in each one, at the end of the video there is finally someone who completes a trick successfully.

I have been trying to find the video for ages, but can not remember the song or band that it is from.

Since I asked a question, I figured that I should share, so here is a personal favorite.

http://youtu.be/l_F76ySzk48

Boss Doggie

On a related note, I don't recall Linkin Park doing some creative stuff in their mv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom