• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls Xbox 360 patch is up! - File size is 273MB

Skullgirls slightly different edition patch notes.
Xbox 360 specific features:

*Completely overhauled the game’s file system to greatly improve load times
*Addressed an issue with leaderboard behavior, so that rank will no longer be lost when winning matches
*Fixed the super-shadows in Blockbuster attacks to be shaded properly

New features:

Unlocked three additional colors for each character(click link above)
Added eight DLC Character Color packs
Added in-game Move Lists
Added Tournament Mode to Versus menu
Disables in-match Achievements/Trophies to prevent gameplay interruption
Greatly expanded Training Mode

Tutorials
Added new Character Tutorials
Completely re-localized all existing tutorials in French, Italian, German and Spanish

Online Play
Fixed a bug that rendered the North American and European/Australia-New Zealand versions incompatible in online play
Greatly improved GGPO performance when playing with moderate-to-high pings
Improved PS3 ranked matchmaking
Fixed X360 leaderboard ranking issues

Gameplay Changes
Increased the speed of gameplay by 3%
Added 5 frames of input leniency to chained normals, as well as to normals and airdashes input during jump/superjump/doublejump startup

MANY MORE CHANGES AT LINK ABOVE
The purchasable colors are not up yet and will hopefully be up soon(or maybe next week). This is what Xbox players have been waiting for. There is now perfect parity between the PS3 and 360 versions. Start your training regimens ladies because we've got EVO, East Coast Throwdown 5, UFGT9 and CEO 2013 to crash.

Kinukopatchconfirmation_zps02eb179b.jpg

An understatement to say the least. Anything under 130 ping is better than green bar in most fighting games and almost everything else is very playable.
Look forward to trying this out, improved load times were a must.
They are much better than before. Not two seconds of loading, but pretty close to the PS3 version. It's a godsend compared to the vanilla version's loading times.

Ken

I get 180 ping trying to connect to a friend in America so hopefully this patch will make things amazing.

shaowebb

Crap...gotta redownload it. The patch didn't work and now I cant go online. I'll try downloading it from the market place and then open the game instead of just starting and letting it self update.

alstein

The lobbies hurt the game. Not being able to see if folks are online mean if you can't find a match, you assume no one is online. Hoping PC version changes this.

Loona

The purchasable colors are not up yet and will hopefully be up soon(or maybe next week).

Are all these purchaseable colors displayed somewhere to help the decision to get them or not? I've seen about 1 example per character on the PSN store (ex: Lei-Lei colors for Peacock), but it didn't seem enough, I'd like to get a good look at what's available for all characters.

Kajiba

Crap...gotta redownload it. The patch didn't work and now I cant go online. I'll try downloading it from the market place and then open the game instead of just starting and letting it self update.

Same thing happen to me. Gonna delete re download it.

The lobbies hurt the game. Not being able to see if folks are online mean if you can't find a match, you assume no one is online. Hoping PC version changes this.
You mean the lack of lobbies.
Are all these purchaseable colors displayed somewhere to help the decision to get them or not? I've seen about 1 example per character on the PSN store (ex: Lei-Lei colors for Peacock), but it didn't seem enough, I'd like to get a good look at what's available for all characters.
I don't think there is an official collection out there. Hopefully L0 releases some more pictures or something.

Beckx

Sweet. Downloaded this morning. Only got to try one character tutorial, but man, this is how tutorials need to be done. Before you even start you get an info-download about the character and then the same detailed info for each of the moves they have you try.

This is the kind of info that for every other game you have to go to SRK or the like to learn. Great stuff.

Focusing on SoloBella for maximum salt
losses

Ghazi

I wasn't going to get this on the 360 because I thought the devs weren't going to support it like the PC version. Nice!

VariantX

seems i only got a 7mb update instead of the 273mb update. Upon relaunching i just get a message to please update, so I guess I should probably delete then re-install to fix this problem?

El Sloth

Banned
Luckily you can still practice offline. Then you'll be in good shape when the PC version drops with new online goodies.
Which is a nice "fucking finally" for me. At least now I don't have to worry about whether or not the stuff I'm trying still actually works or not.

Beckx

I thought the 360's patch limit was like 10mb or something? How did they get away with this?

The patch is 7MB. The update is a 273MB compatibility pack required for online play.

So I guess it kind of works like SSFIV updates? Except no cost.

Top Bottom