• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yamato is the real missing guy here.

I mean, at least Sai is still *there*, but literally nobody gives a fuck of where Yamato is even when Kabuto has been defeated, Orochimaru has reappeared, and Hashirama now running around owning stuff.

Goddamn that's even more brutal than the usual treatment Tenten gets.

I mean, at least Sai is still *there*, but literally nobody gives a fuck of where Yamato is even when Kabuto has been defeated, Orochimaru has reappeared, and Hashirama now running around owning stuff.

Who?

I'd disagree. Tsunade was made Hokage for god's sake, and her strength was said to be the strongest out of them three. Not to mention having instant healing.

The only reason she had a problem during the last big fight between the sannins was due to getting a phobia for blood.

She was the second choice after Jiraiya turned down the job.

Kusagari

Yamato is still in a wall in Obito's hideout.

I seriously wonder if he's just going to magically pop up in the ending or never appear again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yamato is still in a wall in Obito's hideout.

I seriously wonder if he's just going to magically pop up in the ending or never appear again.

He should stay there. The manga should end with him going: "Hey guys? Anyone there? Please help..." and no one comes to help.

Makes me laugh when people rage about transformations.

Ichigo going berserk Hollow is still one of my favorite Bleach moments.

Yep.

I prefer him over original Ichigo tbh

See, I hated the berserk Hollow form. I'm actually really happy they drop kicked the whole mask thing altogether. I do wish the Fullbring/Shinigami combination had been more of a 50/50 for both sides rather than a 90/10 in favor of the old Shinigami outfit.

He brought some spice to the fights since he had a better idea of tactics and its hilarious that he was the one that first did the getsuga tenshou we see now.

Kinda sucks he went away.

Speaking of, has it ever been explained why everyone else looks normal but Komamura is a giant.... dog?

Nope but it looks like the next chapter will explain it. Even in the earlier stories he wore a mask.

Who?

Who?

What's with these imaginary characters people are mentioning

God this Sakura hate is delicious. Might as well shed those bitter tears now

Its funny that you gave an impassioned defense of her before this LOL

Goddamn stop saying this crap. Hashirama can change landscapes and make Minato´s special kunai displaced so his teleportation will be useless. Hashirama has attacks that turn a desert into a deadly forest for any enemy. Not to mention his wooden clones which are indistinguishable from the real ones. Not to mention his pollen attack that can cover a huge area. Not to mention the 1000 hand god thing that can bitch slap the Juubi. Minato´s teleportation is useless without his special kunai. Minato´s warping thing takes a huge effort and a lot of chakra. He unaffected now because he´s edo tensei. Minato could barely fight the Kyuubi. Hashirama defeated Madara, and the Juubi. Minato is chop liver in comparison to Hashirama and to a less extent Madara.

The third knows every single jutsu in Konoha and was called the professor, and Kishi himself said that the third in his prime was on the same level as Minato.

Tobirama has a genjutsu that turns large area into pure darkness, and edo tensei, and who knows what else. Minato is as special as every kage, except weaker.

Wow. Just denying what the manga has been blatantly SHOWING for fucking years. Minato may not have raw power as Hashi, but he undeniably is the most effiecient/skilled. He gets the same job done without even 1/100th of the collateral damage which is far more impressive. Hashi is the type of ninja that would use a Nuke on a tank, when you only need a Javelin missile.

Minato is Kishi's golden boy, along with Itachi. He's never going to show him in a bad light as much as you like him to not.

You have no proof it takes up too much chakra. It doesn't. He warped Kyuubi? Wasn't even winded. Juubi? Not even winded.

ALL of Hashi's jutsu won't EVER hit him. His base speed even without teleportation is still leagues above every single character. The moment Hashi gets tagged its game over.

But keep fucking that chicken.

T'Zariah

Banned
Goddamn stop saying this crap. Hashirama can change landscapes and make Minato´s special kunai displaced so his teleportation will be useless. Hashirama has attacks that turn a desert into a deadly forest for any enemy. Not to mention his wooden clones which are indistinguishable from the real ones. Not to mention his pollen attack that can cover a huge area. Not to mention the 1000 hand god thing that can bitch slap the Juubi. Minato´s teleportation is useless without his special kunai. Minato´s warping thing takes a huge effort and a lot of chakra. He unaffected now because he´s edo tensei. Minato could barely fight the Kyuubi. Hashirama defeated Madara, and the Juubi. Minato is chop liver in comparison to Hashirama and to a less extent Madara.

The third knows every single jutsu in Konoha and was called the professor, and Kishi himself said that the third in his prime was on the same level as Minato.

Tobirama has a genjutsu that turns large area into pure darkness, and edo tensei, and who knows what else. Minato is as special as every kage, except weaker.

What the fuck?

Usually, I lurk in this thread with amusement, but I had to comment on this.

Have you not read the past few chapters? If it wasn't clear that Minato is in the top 5 characters after what he just did then...fucking lol.

But, then again, you're the same person who genuinely believes Bleach is a good manga, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Griffith

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 1-23

Huh, this ended up being better than I thought it was going to be. It's nothing special, but it's fun. Everyone calling it "food smut" really lowered my expectations for it.

God's Child

Well, that was really fucking weird.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Are we even reading the same manga? Minato's speed and teleportation jutsu have always been shown as peerless. He out-sped the other Kage easily in this chapter, beat Obito's space/time technique when no one else could, and redirected the Juubi's attack without even breaking a sweat. Big moves aren't shit if they can never hit, we've been shown this time and time again with different characters. Speed is obviously the most important stat in Naruto and Minato maxed his out and then some.

Minato has plot armor that negates his damage.

End of discussion.

Kusagari

All these Hokage discussions are pointless.

We all know Itachi is the best ninja in the manga. Hashirama even admitted it.

Toriko 234

The best kind of shonen power ups are the ones gained off screen and shown via flash back. Why even bother having a flash back at all just give the protagonist the power up to win the fight don't waste time explaining the power up just make an awesome power up and show our main character destroying.

Second Gear for me is like Super Sayian, it doesn't matter how Luffy or Goku managed to "figure it out" the fact is it's bad ass and allows them to destroy a foe who had been destroying them up to that point. The best kinds of power ups don't need a plot explanation, they just need to make me go "OH SHIT" and be fucking epic

I love how you are not remotely hesitant about you double standards. Both Luffy and now Toriko had an ass pull power up, regardless of how you try to spin it.

Wow. Just denying what the manga has been blatantly SHOWING for fucking years. Minato may not have raw power as Hashi, but he undeniably is the most effiecient/skilled. He gets the same job done without even 1/100th of the collateral damage which is far more impressive. Hashi is the type of ninja that would use a Nuke on a tank, when you only need a Javelin missile.

Minato is Kishi's golden boy, along with Itachi. He's never going to show him in a bad light as much as you like him to not.

You have no proof it takes up too much chakra. It doesn't. He warped Kyuubi? Wasn't even winded. Juubi? Not even winded.

ALL of Hashi's jutsu won't EVER hit him. His base speed even without teleportation is still leagues above every single character. The moment Hashi gets tagged its game over.

But keep fucking that chicken.
He´s not winded from the Juubi because he´s an edo tensei form which can never ran out of chakra. Minato would never even find out where Hashirama is since he can blend in trees, massive pollen attack, massive forest attack that can alter the environment and remove all the kunai that Minato have planted. Not to mention his 1000 hand technique that destroyed Juubi like nothing. Keep over hyping him.
What the fuck?

Usually, I lurk in this thread with amusement, but I had to comment on this.

Have you not read the past few chapters? If it wasn't clear that Minato is in the top 5 characters after what he just did then...fucking lol.
yes i have read the manga and i know that edo tensei never ran out of chakra.
But, then again, you're the same person who genuinely believes Bleach is a good manga, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
I´m not a surprised that you have a shitty taste in manga and have no argument so you result to insults.
Are we even reading the same manga? Minato's speed and teleportation jutsu have always been shown as peerless. He out-sped the other Kage easily in this chapter, beat Obito's space/time technique when no one else could, and redirected the Juubi's attack without even breaking a sweat. Big moves aren't shit if they can never hit, we've been shown this time and time again with different characters. Speed is obviously the most important stat in Naruto and Minato maxed his out and then some.
Minato relies on his kunai what´s the use if the kunai get destroyed, not to mention that finding the real Hashirama would be impossible with his wooden clone jutsu and Hashirama can fuse with the earth and trees. Good luck for Minato to find him in an Hashirama made forest.

Minato has plot armor that negates his damage.

End of discussion.
I can´t argue against that lol.

Kurita

Makai no Ossan
QfnD1pe.png

That school festival arc was amazing, the dad is just awesome.
:bow ONE :bow

While Minato might be one of Kishimoto's favorites, if we're going on Naruto power scales, I just don't think he's got what it takes to take down Hashirama in a fight. The only person that seems to have that same level of hax is Madara.

With that being said, it's pretty clear his teleportation techniques/speed are on a completely different level.

We really need a Naruto OT. :/ I don't wanna go to the Shippuden thread, because I'm pretty sure that's anime centric. It's hard enough going to the OP thread because I don't want to spoil people.

ant1532

Banned

i mean i like her i dont love her. she's a huge fucking cunt with naruto and for no reason obsessed with sasuke. but she has more character than a lot of the other female characters in the series(although as a whole female characters in naruto are thin as paper) and i loved her fight with sasori.

and naruto likes her, and i want naruto to get what he wants.

sorry hinata.

The chapter was ok but not feeling it, team 7 is back. Sasuke wants to become a Hokage. Incoming Naruto vs Sasuke for the title of being the next Hokage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The chapter was ok but not feeling it, team 7 is back. Sasuke wants to become a Hokage. Incoming Naruto vs Sasuke for the title of being the next Hokage.

Maybe we'll get something like the HxH election battle, that would be pretty sweet. Wait who am I kidding, this is Kishi. We'll get some bullshit instead.

Naruto

Stopped following this several years ago, but it really doesn't sound too different from the beginning. The story was always bad and the characters dumb. What Naruto got back in the day were interesting and diverse fights, as soon as those became lame DBZ ripoffs, the whole series obviously went down.

The whole ,,Sasuke is good again'' deal sounds pretty much like what happened at the beginning of the series. Hey, that sand kid might be a sadistic mass murderer, BUT he wants to be a good boy now, so let's be friends.

I haven't read Naruto ever since Sasuke ran away from the Leaf Village and this is just hilarious. Didn't he start a couple of wars and kill people cause of his rage? Sasuke gives no fucks. Sasuke x Sakura 4ever. Sorry DTL. Speaking of the old Naruto, it was amazing in the beginning.

Mael

Naruto

OMG did Minato just get into Kyubi mode?
Well I guess we can rank the kage now :
Hashi > Minato >>>> Tobi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sarutobi

Bleach

Look at that a conclusion that's a little bit too easy...

Toriko

Still doesn't make sense, it's taking a lil bit longer than it should but so far so food.

wonzo

Banned
Fraction by Shintaro Kago

Now this was pretty fucking cool! The way it sets up this really meta self-insert layer on-top of the "main" mystery was really clever, especially how it would later go on about Narrative Manipulation and how it applies to different mediums. It really gets you thinking about what's gonna happen next. Fantastic stuff.

the interview and collected shorts were also pretty cool too!

DarkMehm

About Toriko's sales: Maybe the Japanese know about his shady past and many boycott him? Other than that it could only be the art, because that was the thing that put me off too at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom