• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 5

Some of those plush dolls looked kinda creepy. Like, their eyes were all off and such. I probably wouldn't be able to sleep in a room with things like that in there.

I don't know how Tomoyo's plan to keep the shopkeeper distracted by talking about random crap like her video-making hobby worked, but I guess the woman just has a short attention span. Or I guess she was lonely and just glad to have somebody around to talk to, seeing as how she was new in town, her fiancee died, and there were weird rumors circling around her. Even if it was just a little girl.

DAMN YOU NINJA HITO

EDIT: No game with the load times of FFIX deserves to be the best at anything.

IX would be a better game if I didn't have time to make a goddamn milkshake between turns. ATB in that game is slower than the pace at which George R.R. Martin writes.

Load times might be frustrating at points, but it's still a fantastic and charming game on every level. Besides, how can you hate a game with the story, characters, environments and soundtrack of Final Fantasy IX?

CorvoSol

Load times might be frustrating at points, but it's still a fantastic and charming game on every level. Besides, how can you hate a game with the story, characters, environments and soundtrack of Final Fantasy IX?

Oh, I don't hate it. I just hate that battles move slower than the rate at which it would take glass to form a puddle.

CorvoSol

It isn't the load times that bugs me, its that the ATB bars fill so damn slow, and stop whenever anybody does a ridiculously lengthily animated attack. Which is all of them. FF9 is charming, but its battle system is far and away the worst in the PSX era.

Godannar 13

This show is beginning to depress me. Poor Anna can't catch a break. Oh, and also: REMEMBER TO SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS SO THEIR PREGNANCY DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH YOUR ATTEMPT TO WIN YOUR HUSBAND BACK AND SAVE THE CITY.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Stockholm syndrome has taken hold. smh

I'm proud to say that I remained completely unbroken at this point. cnet didn't even see the incredibly dark truth behind this episode!

We should turn this into a Mario waifu thread so we don't go wildly off topic.

Daisy > Peach

Goombella > *

It's a shame that zero good anthro art exists for her.

Mario 64 was good at the time, but it's pretty dated now. Sunshine was never good.

I've played the game to completion four or five times over the years, and I just can't agree with this at all. It still has the best controls of any 3D platformer, the level design is still fantastic, and it's not even that visually-offensive as far as early 3D games go. The only thing that's aged poorly is the camera.

I want a divorce.

I'll feel enough love for the both of us until you get over this, Regulus-senpai.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

Really pretty but mostly linear.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 1

Well we start with Princes and Boyish girls, which is the apple of the eye for other females aka SDBurton land galore. Utena even thinks of herself as a Prince, with her friend proclaiming her as her true love.

And weird imagry, duels, and
portruding swords from this dude's waifu

Although either way, Utena now has a wife, making her a mahou harem girl. Dem musics

dub

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 8

More of this stupid street gang nonsense. Kinda boring. At least it's over now.

These orbs are gonna come back and be important, aren't they?

Tetra Master is the best thing about FF9. If only the actual game was as awesome. :(

Too bad it's a huge downgrade from triple triad.

What it means is battles lasting an absurd length of time if I ever bother to try and Eat or Steal something. I like FF9, I do, but coming off FF8's speed-J into that is like ramming into a brick wall after going 100mph.

yeah but that's after spending so much time spamming draw. Sure you could turn items and cards into magic but no one ever figures that out early on when you're most magic deprived. It is nice though that once you know the tricks how easy it is to break the game.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 1

dub

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
It isn't the load times that bugs me, its that the ATB bars fill so damn slow, and stop whenever anybody does a ridiculously lengthily animated attack. Which is all of them. FF9 is charming, but its battle system is far and away the worst in the PSX era.

Godannar 13

This show is beginning to depress me. Poor Anna can't catch a break. Oh, and also: REMEMBER TO SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS SO THEIR PREGNANCY DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH YOUR ATTEMPT TO WIN YOUR HUSBAND BACK AND SAVE THE CITY.

you ain't seen nothing yet

CorvoSol

High School of the Dead 8

What I learned from today's episode of HOTD: A woman's breasts are two entirely liquid objects, encased in a very thin layer of flesh. This is the ONLY way to even remotely explain what I just saw. Golldurn boob ripples. RIPPLES.

Also, rather than PICKING UP REI and putting her back in the truck so we can get out of here, let's all make an insanely stupid stand against the zombies. But hey, it's cool to ride on top of a HMV during the apocalypse anyway.

Also, Takashi and Hirano are like, the most fortunate apocalypse survivors ever.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Linearity in a platformer is a completely different thing from linearity in an RPG.

Don't worry, I understand this. It was simply a convenient
ly inflammatory
superficial comparison to make. Still, I was genuinely put off by how much navigation in Galaxy was simply auto-navigating from platform to platform. Several levels felt empty to me because of how frequently I was just flying through space, although granted some of this is that I didn't like the bite-size nature of a lot of the individual planetoids to begin with. I understand why people like it, but I was bored outside of a few exceptions like Sweet Sweet and Ghostly Galaxies.

Now you're just trolling us. :(

Yeah, Kirbyguy, you said earlier that you made exceptions for considerably bad dubs, and Utena's is such that Ikuhara had to come over to make sure they didn't fuck it up again for the movie.

Just excommunicate Kirbyguy and get it over with.

You act as if I was watching the whole thing dubbed >_>

I was literally checking it out just to see how things were, because quite frankly, asking opinions on dubs is something I can't really rely on.

That being said, watching this was kinda bleh, and I was multitasking about since someone wanted to distract me.

I've tried getting into Mario 64 multiple times over the years and it's never really grabbed me.

Tried doing this back in 2010. Was impressed with how smooth controls on dry land still function well, but despite that, it didn't grab me again. Felt pretty repetitive considering what I already know, and I've only really finished it twice before this one; Once on N64 and once on DS.

Much like those meth ads, not even once.

Well it won't KILL me at least, so there's that.

Dresden

Slow week.

Blu-ray
*1, 2,949 **2,949 Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san. Z vol.1
*2, 2,910 **2,910 GJ-bu vol.4
*3, 2,603 375,550 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*4, 2,400 **2,400 Inazuma Eleven Go vs Danball Senki W Movie
*5, 2,395 **2,395 Nerawareta Gakuen
*6, 2,054 **2,054 AKB0048 Next Stage vol.3
*7, 1,464 *14,060 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.5
*8, 1,157 *24,475 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 vol.5
*9, 1,094 **1,094 Kotoura-san vol.3
10, 1,085 **1,085 Ranma 1/2 BD Box vol.1
(cut-off 1,085)

DVD
*1, 2,997 *,**2,997 Inazuma Eleven Go vs Danball Senki W Movie - Limited Edition
*2, 1,875 *,164,576 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*3, 1,860 *,**1,860 One Piece 15th Season Gyojin-shima hen vol.7
*4, 1,839 *,**1,839 Aikatsu! vol.3
*5, *,987 *,***,987 Naruto Shippuuden Shinobigatana Shichinin Shu no Sho vol.3
*6, *,919 *,***,919 Inazuma Eleven Go DVD Box
*7, *,913 *,***,913 Ixion Saga DT vol.7
*8, *,902 *,*10,499 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 vol.5
*9, *,844 *,***,844 Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san. Z vol.1
10, *,625 1,190,516 Tonari no Totoro
11, *,594 *,**6,010 009 Re:Cyborg
12, *,581 *,**4,268 Karneval vol.1
13, *,552 *,***,552 Nerawareta Gakuen
14, *,516 *,***,516 AKB0048 Next Stage vol.3
15, *,489 *,**4,082 One Piece Film Z Rendou Tokubetsu-hen: Z no Yabou
16, *,483 *,**3,169 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.5
17, *,443 *,***,443 Inazuma Eleven Go vs Danball Senki W Movie - Regular Edition
18, *,373 *,***,373 Fairy Tail vol.41
19, *,337 *,***,337 GJ-bu vol.4
20, *,317 *,*44,990 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
21, *,314 *,*11,353 Kamiusagi Rope
22, *,305 *,**7,715 Gintama': Enchousen vol.4
23, *,304 *,*11,490 Kamiusagi Rope 3
(cut-off 304)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 9

Okay, back to where this show needs to focus its attention: Not wacky street gang nonsense, but Nagisa and Tomoya growing together and their struggles. That's your bread and butter writers.

So we're eventually going to lose Kotomi huh?
Well, I mean they were all gonna go their separate ways here eventually. But her's is a bit of a...bigger distance. I can think of a bigger one
and more permanent one while we're at it if the writers were really going for the "fuck your heartstrings we're gonna make you bawl" route they would save that for Nagisa and Tomoya.

Oh great, thanks writers, just as I'm thinking about that distance
Nagisa gets sick again, shit.

Tomoya without Nagisa is always a little rough to watch, right in the heart.
Sick for a month and more?! Shit, she's gonna repeat again, isn't she?

Well....fuck. I saw it coming a mile away but still, fuck. Dat heartache. Surprised we didn't see
Tomoya's dad at graduation though.

This show's end is gonna fuck me up something bad, isn't it?

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 5

What possible reason could Kirito have for not letting NPCs die when they respawn? I'm sorry, but if human lives and AI lives are at stake, and AI lives respawn, then it should be a NO BRAINER which way to go here.

I can't actually understand half of what Kirito says, does or thinks.

Aaaaawww, mommy's little beater is all grown up and on his first date! Jeez, there are some real sick people playing SAO. Go into someone's room and make them duel you while they sleep so you can kill them? Who'd have thought that among the 10k players who were permitted (and really, 10k is kind of sort of the worst launch sale ever), so many would be daggum psycopaths. Then again, the designer seems to be a sick old teacher who gets off on picking on kids, so uh, maybe he just attracted that kind of group?

Oh snap it's a whodunit! Ace Detective Beater is on the case! Yeah! Lingering butt shot of a frightened murder witness! Woo! All this objectification of women has me feelin' noire as fuck already.

OH BOY A CLUE. Khan Basilio is an upstanding guy. Also, that isn't a spear. Can we stop calling it one? LOL Kirito just jabs it in his hand. Lonely Beaters the world over know Kirito also shares their pain, but Asuna-kun will help heal his heart!

Man, what if Basilio doesn't want to hold onto your "spear" Asuna?

Holy shit you mean killing people in their sleep is a fad? Holy shit everyone in SAO is a fucking psychopath. 2000 people died by accidents alone when this game began. There's not going to be anyone left alive by episode 15.

Okay, Yoruko has been suspicious as hell this whole episode. Ten bucks says SHE DUN IT. People been playing this game so long they've gotten wed. How long have they been playing this game?

How can you not imagine that the game allows for murders in safe areas when you have spent an entire episode describe a popular method for murdering people in safe areas while they sleep?

Well, it looks like I was wrong.
Yoroku wasn't the dun it.

I've never seen Utena, but looking at the dub cast I can see that Crispin Freeman and Liam O'Brien are in it, so the temptation is definitely there.

jman2050

***The Ultimate Tried-and-True Mario Platformer Pantheon***

3D Bowser Disgusting Division

Super Mario Galaxy 2
---
Super Mario 64, Super Mario 3D Land
---
Super Mario Galaxy
---
---
Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64 DS

Delicious Flat Characters Division

Notes: NSMBU is unlisted as I have yet to play it.

Yoshi's Island
---
Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros Wii
---
---
Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3
---
Super Mario Bros 2(USA), Super Mario Bros 2(J), New Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros Deluxe
---
New Super Mario Bros, Yoshi's Island DS,
---
---
---
Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2

Sonic 1, 2, 3K, and CD are each still better than all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom