• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Craze 1
tumblr_moqxnpJYU41qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fun start so far with lots of sweet panels. BroLove stories can be quite good with lots of moments from the time they grew up to the present. I wonder if Kuruto also has feelings for Enishi, though maybe the final pages answered this. Still minor flaw is I never understand why the writers always have to throw in the typical
not related by blood
, though I guess it cant be that big of a point if it just said in some tiny bubble in quick passing in chapter one. For character art, I think Enishi at times looks like Shun from Kimi to Boku, which is nice.

bigkrev

Haha, fair enough.

I've got to say though, pure "vanilla" doujins, or just love stories in general, really bore me. Pretty much why I dislike reading yaoi.

But they tend to be the most super interesting doujins!

Shokugeki no Soma

Breakfast time! Good chapter, amazed at how is my favorite current WSJ title.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pandora Hearts v3/4

I like how Yen Press keeps the color page at the start. Hope its kept for all the other volumes. Cheshire Cat is nice and at times hilarious, while the whole mystery in this place is quite compelling. Xerxes being implicated with it and Alice, Jack V somehow residing within her, and then the hinting that potentially Gil and Vincent are also from the same time period as those characters as well.

Keep going man!

Shokugeki no Soma 28

Isshiki was the best part, the window scene even. I also enjoyed Takumi hanging around and still throwing down challenges. Am anticipating some funny moment and such in the breakfast the next day.

One of the new characters looks amazing. I just hope he wont be hanging in her shadow.

Shokugeki no Soma

LOL @ the dream. Should be fun when we finally see the true Isshiki competing.

Soma still trolling Erina is always fun to see plus we are getting some more rivals popping up (In my really jaded outlook I'm expecting new girl gets defeated by Soma, takes some liking to him but also uses that to troll Erina who is still tsun about the whole thing)

Shokugeki no Souma 28

Another very good chapter. The breakfast challenge should be really interesting.

Especially with the shitty amount of time they have to create the dish plus most are fucking exhausted from before.

Beelzebub
Going to enjoy the rest of this arc .

FT
Will start back reading when this arc has ended .

Seeing a fair amount of Shokugeki no Soma post for others in the thread will have to check it out .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
HSDK 527

Ooh, looks like diego and alexandre are going to be involved again. They're pretty awesome so I hope they do.

scy

Nisekoi 79 - Paula is a lot more interesting than Haru.

I don't think that's a big statement.

Kenichi 527 - Shigure arc?! Hooray!

And bringing back the old defeated masters? Maybe we are getting close to an end-game.

DarkMehm

Assassination Classroom 46

Surprising that there were students who didn't like Korosensei. In the end he will come to senses though.

Genshiken

Probably the first manga where I hope we get both of the dudes as the OTP.

....ok second. I want the ending to Naruto to be Sasuke stabbing with Chidori into Naruto repeatedly.

He then continues it with all of Naruto's Kage Bunshins and they end by laying on the bed happily, as Naruto plays with Sasuke's hair.

Which is really strange considering the series has for the most part had attractive art and visually appealing character designs.

Maybe it's because the series provides enough 'material' for the imagination to not have doujins!

There is probably a bunch but the series never got that popular in the west for them to be made aware here

Antiwhippy

It's pretty hot, but honestly not that lewd other than people being half naked all the time and men holding each other very closely. Doesn't even have any implied sex, really.

Also the art is ridiculously good, even if it's ridiculously flamboyant.

At least the story setup is interesting, being a showa period police procedural with a bunch of super hot male assassins thrown in for good measure, but it's mostly just cheesy or handled incredibly flatly.

Antiwhippy

Adekan 14

Huh, looks like it's starting to focus more on the assassin stuff, which is mildly interesting, at least in how the troupe functions as a whole.

Kind of ridiculous manga, with all the male stripper designs and some hilariously contrived erotic poses, but it's fun in how flamboyant it is. Also the art is pretty damn beautiful, if a little messy at times, but that's just the flamboyant and ornate nature of it.

Lain

Any of you with a PS3 and wanting to play in the FFXIV:ARR beta? I have a PS3 Promotion Code that should give access to the beta.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does rave have fanservice?

I can't say I remember a whole lot of fanservice.

Conan

OK, that was actually a pretty clever way to kill someone. I'm impressed. I just wish shit would hit the fan and get real already, we all know it's coming. The wait is killer.

Stulaw

Ratman 49
Interesting chapter, I guess Shooto's meeting with Shiningman really does have something to do with the S-gene. I'm really glad Ratman is being translated again.

Nisekoi 79
Hey, I read it again, thought I wouldn't after last week, but this chapter was far better. No actual stupidity from Raku.

Kenichi 527
I have a feeling one of the master's may die in this arc, and it won't necessarily be Shigure.

Shokugeki no Soma
The dream was awesome, I almost believed it. I wonder if Soma will eventually mess up by putting himself under too much pressure?

upandaway

Just fried my PC (it's starting up for 0.5 seconds and shuts down, so maybe motherboard or something I don't know about those things man what the hell is with TODAY WHAT THE HELL MY ROUTER DIED IN THE MORNING AND THEN WINDOWS SUDDENLY SAID IT'S NOT GENUINE AND THEN MY ROUTER WAS STILL DEAD AND NOW MY PC WON'T TURN ON AND THIS PUBLIC WIFI IS TERRIBLE AND oh i still have warranty on all pc parts BUT I WAS 30 HOURS INTO A TALES OF SYMPHONIA PLAYTHROUGH AND)

maybe i should start catching up on manga finally, it's been a while

retcon: can't get into it, whatever sorry for bothering you i'll go to sleep instead

Glass Rebel

Just fried my PC (it's starting up for 0.5 seconds and shuts down, so maybe motherboard or something I don't know about those things man what the hell is with TODAY WHAT THE HELL MY ROUTER DIED IN THE MORNING AND THEN WINDOWS SUDDENLY SAID IT'S NOT GENUINE AND THEN MY ROUTER WAS STILL DEAD AND NOW MY PC WON'T TURN ON AND THIS PUBLIC WIFI IS TERRIBLE AND oh i still have warranty on all pc parts BUT I WAS 30 HOURS INTO A TALES OF SYMPHONIA PLAYTHROUGH AND)

maybe i should start catching up on manga finally, it's been a while

Does it make a beep sound? Do you have some documentation to identify the sound?

Open your PC and check whether all the fans are turning.

It's probably your power supply unit though.

upandaway

It does the sort of, how it would sound when a disc drive starts reading a disc, and then shuts down. Fans start working and then stop too. Is that really the power supply? What if it has something to do with the fact Windows thought it wasn't genuine randomly

Glass Rebel

It does the sort of, how it would sound when a disc drive starts reading a disc, and then shuts down. Fans start working and then stop too. Is that really the power supply? What if it has something to do with the fact Windows thought it wasn't genuine randomly

No beep then, sadly. It's almost assuredly a hardware defect if it happens right at the beginning though. Luckily, PSUs are pretty cheap and easy to change.

You can try a different power cable first but after that take out your PSU and a fan and do this.

AssClass 46 (sort of)
It fills me with rage that we're 2 chapters behind and I REALLY want to pick at the raws :( but I can't wait to see another showdown

Food not so much Smut 28
Senpai is such an exhibitionist ~_~ Good to see we're back to one on one challenges, looking forward to seeing some amazing egg dishes (after watching so much Masterchef and Food Network, hoping to see some poached eggs)

Random manga I found this week that may be worth taking a gander at (...all of them have to do with food in some way though)

Kuitan
7 chapters, either dropped or slow as molasses updates
An old series about a detective who solves crimes via eating/being a foodie
What did you eat Yesterday?
27 chapters, probably dropped
A story about a lawyer cooking for his hair stylist boyfriend and their interpersonal relationship with their family, friends, and coworkers. Very detailed panels regarding food shame no recipes are provided
kinou-02.jpg

Nukodeko
About 22 chapters (has a weird numbering system) seems active
Yotsuba with a mini catboy, catgirl, and a fairly aloof owner who has cooking skills
5102.jpg

Gohan Shiyo
5 chapters, translation just started
MC lives in school dorms known for its delicious food and odd members which faces closure due to budget cuts and asshole principal. Still feels a little shoujo-esque despite being seinen. Chapter 4 opening is definitely a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom