• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Do you really need a doujin to know that zelda will hook up with link. :p

Hahaha.

I am, admittedly, a rather die-hard Zelda-Link person, so I just enjoy works that depict them together romantically, like the official manga for Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening (well, not really Zelda but eh, close enough), Link to the Past, and Minish Cap.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, fair enough.

I've got to say though, pure "vanilla" doujins, or just love stories in general, really bore me. Pretty much why I dislike reading yaoi.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Haha, fair enough.

I've got to say though, pure "vanilla" doujins, or just love stories in general, really bore me. Pretty much why I dislike reading yaoi.

Well, I don't usually read them for their stories; basically just so that I can see my favorite characters getting fluffy with each other so I can go NGGGGGH-ing all day long, hahaha.

Antiwhippy

There's a reason they're doujins, it usually has to do with quality.

Well, to be fair I can probably say the same for most serialised mangas too. :p

Donyatsu 2

7S33sj0.png

... Wut.

Story is about a doughnut shaped cat in a post-apocalyptic world.

.. yeah.

Articalys

Nisekoi 79

Hey, a chapter that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out in frustration!

Paula putting in some work to climb those character rankings.

Antiwhippy

Otoyomegatari 30

DaWN5f6.png

Old dude is swagged out from top to bottom.

Man, things are getting tense. Also yes, there's definitely a catch in lending them all those weapons.

Well, I did not mean it in a funny way, hahaha.

But seriously though, it's such a gentle, caring work. Which is kind of surprising considering how Hentai nowadays always seemingly deal with stuff like cheating or tentacles or the like.

Speaking of, we never talk about doujin in here huh? Not necessarily hentai doujin but doujins in general. Anyone here bought doujinshis too in addition to mangas?

People do bring up doujins,wasnt that big one a lot of the thread followed at the end of the year one...and then the harry potter ones, the cod one, the mgs one.

Anyway recently been following the attack on titan levi eren doujins, they really love his foot or having eren stepped on, haikyuu!! Ones...and consistenly trying to find a yaoi touhou one...

Antiwhippy

Eh, I was reading a manga yesterday with formatting like this:

H
O
W

I
S

T
H
I
S

R
E
A
D
A
B
L
E

So I guess I'm not too bothered.

Does make it hard to read.

wonzo

Banned
Damatte Watashi no Iu Koto Kikinasai!

Kanata Tsukishiro's dead twin sister frequently takes possession of him, and so he asks Yumeto Ookawachi, who his sister had a crush on before she died, if he would help her to pass on.

I would so read the hell out of this if it becomes a series.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 28

those first three pages

IT'S TOO MUCH

New test looks great. Not sure what Erina was talking about with the vulgar thing, since they specifically asked for surprise, but we'll see.

Akito

SnS 28
Dat dream and dat tension at the end, nothing really happened but I liked it.

Nisekoi 79
ibw3yyej2H0kcZ.jpg

Can't really argue with that. This Paula girl is instantly infinitely better than the brat whose name shall not be mentioned, I'd love to see a collaboration between her and Shuu, Tsugumi would either die from it or single-handedly murder everyone.

Antiwhippy

Shokugeki no Soma 28

those first three pages

IT'S TOO MUCH

New test looks great. Not sure what Erina was talking about with the vulgar thing, since they specifically asked for surprise, but we'll see.

I think she was talking about the first dish souma cooked for her.

Akito

Otoyomegatari 30
Oh sheeeeit, a war arc in my (literally) waifu manga? I hope Azel will really put his words into action.
Also haha Karluk.
Yeah I'm still bitter :lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

Kenshiro Soma. Hahaha oh wow.
The breakfast challenge. This is more and more like Hell's Kitchen, only these people can actually cook and there's no British asshole yelling at them. So it's only a little like Hell's Kitchen... they should introduce a British asshole.

Toriko (late I know)

I couldn't tell what was going on. It feels like this fight has gone on for too long and there's little tension too it.

Kurita

3.3.7 Byooshi!! vol.3
Dat cover
PRjedre.jpg

Still pretty good. The whole drug thing was nice, seeing the police arresting Hyde and Ume made me feel sad, even though they were not the culprits.

Gintamen

Fairy Tail

How convenient, but the beginning of the chapter should have made such possibility clear... I'm slow.

Blade of the Immortal v28

Anotsu & Makie, I'm okay with that. Hadn't though the showdown would come so fast or rather the ending come with so much awesome fights. Thank god most of them did use unusual weapons. I'm ready for some Habaki vs Anotsu action, only took half the manga. hehe

i40vSUSC0Nbuk.png

Fairy Tail

The gate destruction could have been prolonged and extended into next chapter, though while they were aiming magicks at it, I was wondering why no one thought to suggest just using force to do it, but thankfully Natsu is always one step ahead.

Theonik

Good read, should be a series. They managed to squeeze quite a lot of content out of these 20 pages though. Feels a lot like a setup series though. Would be a shame if it didn't get more.

Not for whole sentences.
You just haven't read enough billboards then. For the case of the manga though maybe the typesetter had a reason to do as he did. I don't know.

Antiwhippy

Good read, should be a series. They managed to squeeze quite a lot of content out of these 20 pages though. Feels a lot like a setup series though. Would be a shame if it didn't get more.

You just haven't read enough billboards then. For the case of the manga though maybe the typesetter had a reason to do as he did. I don't know.

There was a reason, mostly because the raws used that gridded formatting, but still...

h7xlhhu.png

MY EYES.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I ordered Pandora Hearts volume 1-16 because the translation on manga sites are God-awful, also wanted to collect the volumes. I also ordered Crimson Shell from the same author along PH.

You are fucking amazing. =D

Antiwhippy

The bigger issue here I find is the arrangements of blocks of text and grid. Seems distracting but I can read the vertical writing fine. Not like the typesetter had many more options open to him given the posted page though.

Oh I know that, still yeah, got used to it eventually but it was crazy distracting.

Pandora Hearts v3/4

I like how Yen Press keeps the color page at the start. Hope its kept for all the other volumes. Cheshire Cat is nice and at times hilarious, while the whole mystery in this place is quite compelling. Xerxes being implicated with it and Alice, Jack V somehow residing within her, and then the hinting that potentially Gil and Vincent are also from the same time period as those characters as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom