• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JapanGAF - Are you getting Pikmin 3?

Mik2121

5272_369709559809344_769858866_n.jpg

I'm making this thread for those of us in the country of the rising skirts to be able to talk about Pikmin 3 until the OT appears. The game is already available in Japan and I'll go and buy it later today.

Post your comments and whatnot here!

I'll be adding some comments and first impressions here as people post :)

I already got it. First 3 hours here: http://ustre.am/11HRF

urfe

So far looking like a no.

I'll buy a Wii U in August, and probably just get Nintendoland with it.

Murrah

Banned
Looking forward to seeing all y'all's impressions. I liked the first Pikmin enough but never got around to playing 2, but I'm pretty much forced to buy this if I wanna use my Wii U for anything other than Netflix. Looks like it has all the Nintendo charm I'd want though, so I'm not too worried

Mik2121

Damn, went to the "Best Denki" right behind my house and the game was sold out.
I'll be going to a Yodobashi in about 30 minutes or so, hopefully it's not sold out there :(

Maybe eventually. I've never played a Pikmin game before so I'm not super excited. I'm looking forward to Wind Waker though.

Edit: While we have J-GAF in here, does anyone know if you can use the original English voices for Lego? The English version looks funnier than the Japanese.

Kid Ying

Already got it, but havent played yet. Since its my firts pikmin, im anxious for this, but ill wait to play with my gf.

Vinnk

Nope, until Nintendo goes region free, I'm not buying Japanese Wii U games. I am buying a US Wii U when I visit the states this August. My Japanese is not good enough to play a game like X without any English, so I decided to get a US system. If the system was region free, I would have bought the system at launch and Pikmin 3 today (the Japanese is not as complicated).

I'll still buy the US version of Pikmin 3 in August but there are a lot of titles I've already passed on due to the locks. Not buying 2 nintendo consoles this gen.

#EndRegionLocking and all that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the download version, but only was able to play the first 20 minutes or so (first day).

Seems incredibly cute, but I can't say I'm liking how the controls work on either the gamepad or the Wii remote and nunchuck. I hope it's just a matter of getting used to them.

There's no way to enable some kind of dual-stick scheme where you use the right stick to aim, is there?

Damn, went to the "Best Denki" right behind my house and the game was sold out.
I'll be going to a Yodobashi in about 30 minutes or so, hopefully it's not sold out there :(

Hopes that's an indication of it doing well over there. It definitely needs that right now.

john tv

sprsk and markmacd have had it for a couple days now. I'm thinking about picking it up, but I'm busy with EDF4, so I might wait for the US version. We'll see what happens first time I walk past it in a store... LOL

Mik2121

Alright so... played it for some 15 minutes after waiting almost 20 minutes for all the WiiU updates and all that shit and.... I'm lovin' it.

I'm playing with the gamepad and for now it's taking a bit of time to get used to throwing pikmin with the analog stick, but I guess after getting used it shouldn't be so bad.
I have yet to get any big amount of pikmin, I'm right now at about 30 red pikmin so it's not so much... but the game has a few really neat details like the topview map (you can pan around the whole map on your gamepad and the 3D view shows on the TV), and it also has a camera (I didn't know about this because I tried to stay away from anything related to the game) so I can expect great pics to start showing up soon.

For now, I took a few pics (2 with the camera) so here they are:

zlCfzRDFv3MIioSErd

Red Pikmin doing their best trying to build the bridge.

zlCfzRDFwyMR5klO55

Pikmin looking at me instead of working! (taken from the gamepad screen directly)

zlCfzRDFxngtun6Rg_

The top-view while in the map (TV screen).

zlCfzRDFxPU9Claunl

Red pikmin moving a 5 piece (taken from the camera, it uploads the image to Miiverse directly and lets you add a comment, you don't need to go to Miiverse pressing Home).

And yeah, in movement it feels and looks better than in screens. My only issue right now is the controls, but they are not so bad it breaks the game, so I guess I'll get used to it.

Bought on download. It's taking a century to finish - hurry up damnnit!

While JGAF are here: anyone know what the deal is with the eshop's add 5000 yen to your account get 500 yen back promotion? I did it and haven't received anything..

Mik2121

zlCfzRDF2nEuA4mh_G

Got the Rock Pikmin!

Also, cool stuff... after each day is over, you can watch a replay of all the stuff you did and where you moved, where you found stuff, etc.. on the top-view map (the 2D one sadly).
I don't think I'll use it much, but neat nevertheless.

EDarkness

And yeah, in movement it feels and looks better than in screens. My only issue right now is the controls, but they are not so bad it breaks the game, so I guess I'll get used to it.

I thought this game was made for the remote and nunchuck? Using the Wiipad was a little frustrating.

Mik2121

I thought this game was made for the remote and nunchuck? Using the Wiipad was a little frustrating.

Could be.. but I like having all the options in the screen, and probably having to change controls is a pain in the ass, so whatever.
At least I found the game has a "lock" mode so if I need to attack an enemy I can move the cursor above him, lock and then just freely move around and throw Pikmins whenever I need.

While JGAF are here: anyone know what the deal is with the eshop's add 5000 yen to your account get 500 yen back promotion? I did it and haven't received anything..

If you added funds with a credit card before the deadline, it apparently might take 10 days or something to appear.

Mik2121

No more gaffers with the game? Come on guys!

I had some stuff to do and now I'll have dinner, but in about an hour or so I'll jump back into the game. Definitely enjoying it :)

Nibel

Mik2121, was the game sold out anywhere else other than at the Best Denki behind your house? What was your impression of people's reaction to Pikmin 3's release?

Mik2121

Mik2121, was the game sold out anywhere else other than at the Best Denki behind your house? What was your impression of people's reaction to Pikmin 3's release?

I also went to Yodobashi Camera (biggest electronics chain store located all over Japan) and it was also sold out there. After that I went to another store nearby and they had a few copies though.

As for people's reactions... can't say much really. There's been a lot of TV ads and whatnot, but my friends aren't all that hyped about it (most of them don't even own a Wii U and are waiting for Smash Bros or just plain don't expect to buy one). Still, I expect it to sell alright if the few stores I visited are a sign...

The only weird thing is they are releasing this on Saturday when they usually release on Thursdays. Though this weekend is 3-days long because Monday is holiday, so I guess that's why they're doing this.

Kid Ying

The graphics are quite good on this game on some parts.. Some effects are very vivid and there's a nice climate everywhere. It's been a nice surprise. Even though i've always head people talking about it, there's some nice aura on this.

Top Bottom