• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Balatro has been temporarily delisted from many eShop storefronts due to a ratings board changing the recommendation from 3+ to 18+ without notice

Up: They're relisting it!

Developer PlayStack has issued a comment on their social media (here reiterating that they don't have an expected time of return, but the removal was apparently caused by a unilateral rating change: originally the game was assigned an 18+ rating, but following discussions with the authority (not named but presumably PEGI) were able to confirm a 3+ rating.

Balatro is currently still available in these countries:
  • USA
  • Canada
  • México
  • Brasil
  • Colombia
  • Argentina
  • Chile
  • Perú
  • Japan

Last edited:
this-game-is-not-for-kids-the-black-hokage.gif

StereoVsn

Isn’t this like poker based roguelite? I am surprised it was 3+ to start. 18+ seems way too stringent though unless there is real money gambling.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Any reason why other than it potentially being associated with gambling? Last time I saw this was Oblivion when they hid some of the more gruesome elements intentionally to get a T rating and sell more copies

So has Octopath Traveler 2

That’s weird. Wonder what happened there.
I've posted here:

It's due to publishing rights reverting from Nintendo back to Square Enix and it's just in the US. It will probably be relisted shortly.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Are all card games 18+? The game doesn't even mtx to loot crates to buy (I dont think it does).

Or because it involves cards, antes and chips it's kind of like poker (but not really like the actual game with betting, raising, bluffing etc...).

LordNerevar76

Neo Member
Any reason why other than it potentially being associated with gambling? Last time I saw this was Oblivion when they hid some of the more gruesome elements intentionally to get a T rating and sell more copies
Are you referring to TESIV Oblivion? That was actually a case of nude skins being in the game assets but not actually used in the game itself. Once this was discovered, despite them being inaccessible, it was retroactively made M.

Top Bottom