• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler appears to have been delisted from Switch eShop in the US

Yeah, reverting back to Square publishing makes sense.

My immediate thought with the list of Nintendo first party games being removed from physical media, that Nintendo Selects are indeed on the way. A good way to pick up budget shoppers as Nintendo tries to hold back as much as possible for Switch 2 launch or Cross Gen launch.

Hudo

PlayStation version coming in hot? Thought about grabbing it on PC, but would rather play on console and I assumed at some point it might come to PlayStation anyway.
I think Octopath Traveler 2 completely supercedes the fist one. It's like Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 vs 2 or Elevator Action vs Elevator Action Returns or Street Fighter vs Street Fighter II.

No real reason to play the first one other than historical curiosity, I guess. I.e.: Play Octopath 2, if you haven't.

PlayStation version coming in hot? Thought about grabbing it on PC, but would rather play on console and I assumed at some point it might come to PlayStation anyway.
An eShop listing would have nothing to do with a port to a different console. The two things would be completely unrelated.

Hudo

Update from Wario64:

So I guess Nintendo being the publisher was a temporary deal. Interesting. Nintendo still remain the publisher of the 3DS Dragon Quest games, right? (I remember someone saying that Nintendo bankrolled the 3DS version of DQ7, including a new translation or something)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
this fucking game looks like a 14 year old girl that discovered instagram filters for the first time.

such a shame.

Last edited:

Labadal

Whoever tells someone not to play the first Octopath Traveler needs to go home and be a family man. So much L.

Whoever tells someone not to play the first Octopath Traveler needs to go home and be a family man. So much L.
The second one is a huge improvement in every conceivable way. And you don’t even need to play the first one to jump right into 2, since it’s all new characters and new setting. Not seeing the issue

Last edited:
Top Bottom