• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Mario Strikers Charged GAF World Cup

Haunted

Complete progression of the Second Mario Strikers Charged GAF Cup:

Group Phase:

GROUP A
Code:
    Player            W-L-NC     Games     Goals     G.Ratio     Points

1. Haunted            7-0-0      14:0      65:15       +50         42
2. MasterMFauli       5-1-1      10:3      27:18       + 9         30
3. maxmars            4-1-2       8:2      28:20       + 8         24
4. dk_                4-3-0       8:7      25:26       + 9         24

5. Bo130              2-4-1       6:9      28:34       - 6         18
6. Dash Kappei        2-5-0       6:11     29:39       -10         18
7. Koren              2-5-0       5:10     30:47       -17         15
8. Darktails          0-7-0       0:14      2:46       -44          0

Group B
Code:
    Player            W-L-NC     Games     Goals     G.Ratio     Points

1. Swisslink          7-0-0      14:1      73:28       +45         42
2. CapnDrake          6-1-0      12:5      35:30       + 5         36
3. Tanasten           4-2-1      10:4      47:27       +20         30
4. Myke Greywolf      3-4-0       7:8      25:27       - 2         21

5. Phife Dawg         2-3-2       5:7      26:20       + 6         15
6. radioheadrule83    2-4-1       5:8      23:44       -21         15
7. nli10              1-4-2       2:8      16:36       -20          6
8. Toma               0-7-0       0:14     14:48       -34          0

Knockout phase:
Code:
Haunted
           ___
[s]Myke[/s]          |
              |         
              | Haunted
              |   [s]dk_[/s]   |
[s]CapnDrake[/s]     |         |
           ___|         |
dk_                     |
                        |
                        |Haunted
                        |[s]Swisslink[/s]
                        |
Tanasten                |
           ___          |
[s]MFauli[/s]        |         |
              |         |
              |[s]Tanasten[/s] |
              |Swisslink         
[s]Bo130[/s]         |
           ___|
Swisslink
Quarter-finals:

Myke Greywolf 0 (5) - 2 (12) Haunted
Capndrake 0 (1) - 2 (3) dk_
Tanasten 2 (6) - 0 (0) MasterMFauli
Swisslink 2 (7) - 0 (5) Bo130

Semi-finals:

Haunted 2 (14) - 1 (7) dk
Swisslink 2 (12) - 0 (5) Tanasten

Grand Final:

Haunted 2 (12) - 0 (8) Swisslink

Swisslink

*phew* ^^
IFI win against Tanasten I wouldn't have to play with Wario in the final XD

Tanasten, today I'll be online between 17:00 and 02:00
Pls write it down here an hour b4 you're online, otherwise I'll miss it ;)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Yup there. Was having sex with my girl :(

I will be today from 20:00 to 23:00 GTM. Let's try to match on!

Haunted

tanasten said:
I will be today from 20:00 to 23:00 GTM. Let's try to match on!
excellent.

I feel that we'll have this second Cup wrapped up by the end of the week. :D Let's hope maxmars can chime in for some interview stuff and about the mystery prize towards the end of the week.
no Drake, it's not a trip to Hawaii.
:lol

Swisslink

Tanasten, I'm online now :)
Just write down when you're ready :)

edit
Not i'ts 23:00 GTM, so I don't think tanasten will be online today :/

Tanasten:
tomorrow I'll be online again from 19:00 til 24:00 :/

tanasten

Swisslink said:
Tanasten, I'm online now :)
Just write down when you're ready :)

edit
Not i'ts 23:00 GTM, so I don't think tanasten will be online today :/

Tanasten:
tomorrow I'll be online again from 19:00 til 24:00 :/

Fuck. I wasn't able to play yerterday, and neither will today. Will you tomorrow evening?

Haunted

You two realise that you're teasing me as well with all those posts here, right? I want to know who my opponent in the final is! :lol Good luck to both of you
because it'll run out in the final... muahahaha
;)

Swisslink

Tanasten, I'm online :p
Write down here when you're ready ;)

*next try*

/edit: again nothing >_<
Tanasten wasn't here all day long :/

tanasten

that's it. You did both great games. Let's play a few friendly, ok?

Swisslink 2 (12) - (5) 0 Tanasten

Congrats Swiss.

Swisslink

tanasten said:
that's it. You did both great games. Let's play a few friendly, ok?

ok :)

The first game was close, and I did some bad mistakes with my keeper and dry bones ^^

Anyway, good games :)

But I think to win the tournament I have to improve my defense ^^

edit: lol, and now I scored nearly with every shot XD

edit2: sorry, disconnect :/

tanasten

Your tactic is effective Swiss, but will not forever :p

I needa WideScreen TV to win you though...

Swisslink

Haunted One, I'd like to play the game today/tomorrow, after that, I'll have less time than now, so it'll be harder to play ^^
I hope you'll be online anytime ^^

Haunted

Congrats Swiss! After your outstanding performance in this Cup, I think you're a well deserved finalist. :) tanasten, I hope you'll return for the third cup as well. You managed to get into the semis in each Cup, next time you'll break into the final for sure. :)

Swisslink said:
Haunted One, I'd like to play the game today/tomorrow, after that, I'll have less time than now, so it'll be harder to play ^^
I hope you'll be online anytime ^^
I can play tonight, if you want. 20:00 German Time?

edit: and the knockout phase table has been updated.

edit²: max is still on his travels and didn't reply to my PM, so the winner might have to be a bit more patient for his mystery prize. >_<

edit³: Just fired up Strikers for the first time in like a week - oh my. goddamn Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 2 have been eating all my gametime up - I'm totally out of the loop. :lol

Bo130

Sorry, Haunted, you're awesome as well :D

The main reason I want him to win is because he kicked me out of the tournament, and if he wins, I'll be better off :D :p

Good luck to both of you :)

Haunted

I see you're online - want to play the final now instead of later? Would fit my schedule much better. ^_^

Let's get this over with. :p

Haunted

Swisslink said:
Ok ^^

Great games, haunted one :(

Haunted One 2 - 0 Swisslink

^^

Thanks for the series!

Official result for the second NeoGAF Mario Strikers Charged World Cup final:

Haunted 2 (12) - 0 (8) Swisslink
5:2
7:6

Goddamn, you're a really good player, Swiss. You were unlucky with your shots in the first match, and the second one was extremely close - 13 goals on that level of play. whew!

Swisslink

I'll be back for the next tournament! :p
(If there will be a next one ^^)

I wasn't able to stop your birdos, in the end, you were better ^^
Gratulation :)

Bo130

Well done, Haunted. Well deserved! :D

Thanks for an awesome tournament, I'll be back for the next one :) I hope to see you all again.

Haunted

Champagne%20POP.jpg

Thanks, guys. :)

I wasn't able to stop your birdos, in the end, you were better ^^
Gratulation :)
You always managed to escape me with your Toad - that was an immediate danger for my goal, so I was glad that my Birdos were also pretty effective from the mid-range. I also went pretty hard on your captain, tackled him more often than usual. But it's necessary against a strong player like you! :D In the second game, nearly all of our shots went in - it was crazy.

I've updated the tables on the site so everyone can follow the progression of the Cup - we've all done a good job on keeping this Cup on track, with great matches, fair play, the works. GAFfers rock! :p

It definitely was a lot of fun, and I really hope we'll manage to get another tournament rolling (maybe when our original organisator, max, returns from his travels.) - Although playtime will be limited with the awesome game line-up coming this fall. ^_^

Congrats Haunted.

Back-to-back champion, now aim for the threepeat :D .

I had a lot of fun when I was playing, which wasn't too often shamefully but them's the breaks, that's how the cookie crumbles, etc. GG everyone.

tanasten

Fuck... C'mon! I can beat haunted. I hate you Swiss :p

Congrats Haunted. For the next cup I'll try to have a nice widescreen LCD.

Koren

Congratulations, Haunted...

And many thanks and kudos to all participants of the cup, and especially to people organizing it. It has been really great.

I've been busy by work, and didn't managed to play much online recently T_T and I'll leave next week till end of september, I hope there will still be gaffers online to play a couple of matches then!

fresquito

Congrats Haunted.

I'm finally back home after the surgery. So, if anyboy was wondering if I may have died, I haven't, although I was pretty close.

I don't know if I'll take part in the next tounament, at the moment I have other things to focus on, so I'll be away from this place for some time.

Haunted

Thanks everyone. :p I'm just waiting for maxmars to return to wrap this all up
- mystery prize! ;)

I won't be organising the next tourney (although I might help a bit again), so if someone else wants to help max for the third Cup, please don't hesitate to speak up - it's not much work and the other GAFfers will thank you for it. :)

fresquito said:
Congrats Haunted.

I'm finally back home after the surgery. So, if anyboy was wondering if I may have died, I haven't, although I was pretty close.

I don't know if I'll take part in the next tounament, at the moment I have other things to focus on, so I'll be away from this place for some time.
Thanks! Glad you're back and everything's ok. Take all the time you need, and I hope you'll recover completely soon. :)

maxmars

fresquito said:
Congrats Haunted.

Hearing that you have come out alive and able to post is great news. Godspeed with your life Fresquito! :D

And.. I'm back. Good job guys, I'm happy to see you went through the final phase fine and had fun with it, although I can't say I'm surprised that Haunted won. :lol

I'm still eating my backlog with everything, however I'd like to start playing again this evening; if you see me online be gentle, I don't think I even remember what each button does. :D

I will try to have a definitive answer for the prize this week, Haunted already knows the intricacies so I'll speak more in details when I'll be sure what happened to it.

As for the next cup, I'm already itching. What about everybody else? :D

Swisslink

maxmars said:
Hearing that you have come out alive and able to post is great news. Godspeed with your life Fresquito! :D

And.. I'm back. Good job guys, I'm happy to see you went through the final phase fine and had fun with it, although I can't say I'm surprised that Haunted won. :lol

I'm still eating my backlog with everything, however I'd like to start playing again this evening; if you see me online be gentle, I don't think I even remember what each button does. :D

I will try to have a definitive answer for the prize this week, Haunted already knows the intricacies so I'll speak more in details when I'll be sure what happened to it.

As for the next cup, I'm already itching. What about everybody else? :D

As soon as possible :p
I'd like to have my revenge :p

maxmars

Swisslink said:
As soon as possible :p
I'd like to have my revenge :p

Or, with Caesar words, Helvetii quoque reliquos Gallos virtute praecedunt, quod fere cotidianis proeliis cum Germanis contendunt. :lol

Haunted

maxmars said:
Or, with Caesar words, Helvetii quoque reliquos Gallos virtute praecedunt, quod fere cotidianis proeliis cum Germanis contendunt. :lol
Damn you and Dragona always babbling in your mars language!
emot-argh.gif

I guess it's my duty as champ to try to defend the title.... again. :D Count me in.

maxmars

Sorry Haunted, I thought you were studying as a lawyer?! Don't they teach latin there?

Anyway it says that among the remaining Celts ("Gauls, for us", as says Caesar) the Swiss are the most hardened, "because they always have to fight the Germans". :lol

Haunted

maxmars said:
Sorry Haunted, I thought you were studying as a lawyer?! Don't they teach latin there?

Anyway it says that among the remaining Celts ("Gauls, for us", as says Caesar) the Swiss are the most hardened, "because they always have to fight the Germans". :lol
Nope. :p doing German and English linguistic studies atm, no latin required.

It's a nice quote, though. :D

But aside from Swiss, I think tanasten is also itching for the next Cup. He finally wants to break into the finals because he still thinks he can defeat me.
yeah, I'm starting the trash-talk early this time.

If all the strong players return, it's going to be one hell of a Cup. :D

Swisslink

Haunted, the next cup will be harder than this one :p

maxmars, I think there'll be some more players :)
but I don't think they'll look in this thread (Why should they? The cup is over ^^) :p

maxmars

Ok, I'll do an interest check in the main forum this evening. :D

By the way, family is leaving for some extra vacation time, tonight I'm finally coming online.

I just wanted to congratulate by myself now that i can ^^

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Haunted, haste gut gemacht! ;-)
Hoffentlich hat das nächste Mario Strikers Elfmeter-Schießen, dann darf Swisslink verlieren, wie es sich für einen Schweizer gehört ;-)

Aber nein, Swiss, wir kennen uns ja, klasse Worldcup, beeindruckender Durchmarsch bis ins Finale ^^

Backt to English.
A nice 2nd cup overall. :)

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:
I just wanted to congratulate by myself now that i can ^^

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Haunted, haste gut gemacht! ;-)
Hoffentlich hat das nächste Mario Strikers Elfmeter-Schießen, dann darf Swisslink verlieren, wie es sich für einen Schweizer gehört ;-)

Aber nein, Swiss, wir kennen uns ja, klasse Worldcup, beeindruckender Durchmarsch bis ins Finale ^^

Backt to English.
A nice 2nd cup overall. :)
Welcome back and thanks. :p

maxmars

Hi guys, I'm hospitalized right now (have been for the past week), sorry. I'm writing this from the hospital IT room (thanks to a benevolent employee and a gap between exams).

Since this is related to nerves, (I've lost sensitivity on my right arm) it's possible I'll be away for some more time till they understand what's going on. I'm going through many exams and they are planning new ones while the old ones bring them new data to chew on. I'm fine for the most part and I miss you all.. Hopefully I'll be back soon, although I can't know for sure.

As for the cups, feel free to start a new cup in the meantime!

I don't know if Iìll be able to check soon again GAF but for now salutations & all the best, max.

maxmars

Back at home for the weekend.. Seems that the thread has died anyway. I will do an interest check in the main forum during the weekend, although I really don't think I will participate.

maxmars

Haunted One said:
*checks threads created by maxmars*

lies! :p

I only saw this now.. Sorry but I've had too much stuff going on since then, including health problems. I tried to wait in case I could participate, but it looks I won't be able to play for some time so during the weekend I will do an interest check and then set up a cup for you guys.

Top Bottom