• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

DigitalOp

Banned
When the PSP can have such great God of War games, i don't see how the VITA can't handle God of War 1 and 2. God of War 2 might be taxing but i think 1 is entirely possible.

If they can't get GoW2 running a clean 30 fps on Vita, I would honestly say quit with the porting attempts...

That would be sooo disappointing. Especially where Vita is now.

To people who have had the system a long time: how are the analog sticks holding up? I've had mine for about three weeks, and the left stick is starting to feel a little loose.

That's one aspect of handhelds that sucks. They are the controller, so if the controller goes bad, the whole system goes bad. You can't just drop $30 for a new controller...

I'll be a year in December, but my sticks feel fine... They may be a lil tiny bit loose from fresh out the box the days, but every game registers the sticks as normal so no issues. Vita has a great build quality.

wilflare

So true! Assassin's Creed 2 was my very first Plat, and last AC.

I was looking at Ghost Song during my KS search yesterday, I would LOVE it if that game came to Vita. Looks very slick indeed, like a proper homage to Super Metroid for other consoles, except y'know, not Nintendo. I've heard solid things about the Shantae games, and the videos I rememebr fromwhen they first came out really blew me away with the animation. The idea of new versions could be a visual treat. The possibility of Mighty Number 9 being on Vita is something of legends!!! We NEEED this game! Every console deserves to have this spiritual successor to Mega Man! Vitamuffins! Let's make it happen!!!

The "enhanced" set are the ones I have. I love them, so much. I am using the Xbox360 like ones, the set with a concave design. They really add some great extra play in the sticks, it almost changes the whole feel of the Vita. Dpad covers were laughed at, then indeed tossed. Just a shame you have to order 2 sets of the things to get matching sticks...

Best thing I do is try to find a place that gives most shade (duh). If you are playing in your car, park in a way that extends the shadow over the inside of the car the most. I sometimes have trouble with it also on my lunch breaks. I work in a large building, so my meal area is a mad house, and people have bugged me senseless about what I am playing, or doing, or what what have you, so I have resigned to the car for my gaming needs. Sadly, you can only do so much, and on those super clear, super sunny, super beautiful days, I tend to stick to bright and colorful games like Hot Shots, touch My Katamari, etc. Makes things easier.

thanks for the update :)
I really hope the Sony guys contact them or something :/

for Mighty No 9, our hashtag really needs to trend #MightyNo9VitaPS4

RalchAC

Are we sure God of War HD is going to be in 2013? This fall has too many games. It wouldn't be weird if Sony pull the game until February or so.

I hope they are porting GoW with a reason and not because it's an easy and cheap way to keep us quiet... it's sad that RaD is a home console developer now (although The Order looks awesome).

I'm in the second town in J&D with 45 batteries. The game flows quite better than in the first levels. I was in that plane area (were there is the time trial and those blind squirrels) and I didn't see huge drops. It was probably in the 25-30 range.

Yopis

To people who have had the system a long time: how are the analog sticks holding up? I've had mine for about three weeks, and the left stick is starting to feel a little loose.

That's one aspect of handhelds that sucks. They are the controller, so if the controller goes bad, the whole system goes bad. You can't just drop $30 for a new controller...

Had mine since North American launch day. Sticks are holding up fine. Have not had any real problems, though the sticks no longer feel out of the box stiff anymore.

VanWinkle

Had mine since the first edition bundle, so over a year and a half. They feel perfectly fine. They do get more loose, but they don't work any worse at all.

Had mine since launch and used it almost every day apart form a short spell earlier in the year. All seems fine still to me.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

I've had my Vita since launch, and the analog sticks feel fantastic.

Omlagus

I've had mind since launch -7 (First Edition bundle). Sticks are still fine, as is everything else. Great build quality overall.

I feel like I'm out of options, don't like removing games - so I'm finally upgrading from 16 to 32 GB today.

I'm backing up my Vita:

Why isn't the screen (automatically) turning off (dimming) during backup?

I'm worried about burn in :0/ ?

EDIT: may I click the power button and turn off the screen? Or will that interrupt the backup ?

Anyone, I need an answer ASAP have to head to work within 5 mins:

Displayed in short on Vita says "do not power off, remove memory card or disconnect from the network"

Quoting for urgency - I don't want to risk leaving the screen static for 2+ hours unless its a mandatory thing

Shinriji

I'm perfectly fine with this. My least favorite developer this gen. They can continue making shitty games/remakes for other platforms.

My first and only Wayforward game was Double Dragon Neon. A terrible game with a good soundtrack. I was quite curious with Contra 4, but the videos looks pretty terrible.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Although I'd love Mighty Mighty Switchforce and Shantae on the Vita ...
I have good news for you, both shantae and megaman's clone number 9 are being considered for vita(and 3ds).
That does not mean that there will be a vita version for sure though.

VanWinkle

Got 100% on the first three worlds of Rayman Legends so far :)

ibqc7dwADi5iyd.jpg

Also, a couple of screenshots. Game is so beautiful.

ibyk0lptT2Sl7n.jpg

ibznhsPshQweRi.jpg

And a shot from an Back to Origins level:

iZ2s4qWW4H644.jpg

Tizoc

nVTrj7Y.jpg

HELLO VITAGAF! Let's do this!

johnny-bravo-cartoons-2612953-300-338.jpg

Hmm are you from Europe? If so and you plan on using an EU PSN account with your Vita, keep in mind that PSX games are 50 Hz, so if you plan on playing PSX classics as well, you should consider using a US account...even if their PS Plus offerings are weaker than EU Plus =p

Hmm are you from Europe? If so and you plan on using an EU PSN account with your Vita, keep in mind that PSX games are 50 Hz, so if you plan on playing PSX classics as well, you should consider using a US account...even if their PS Plus offerings are weaker than EU Plus =p

that charger should be a dead giveaway

Welcome! Excellent choice with P4G.

Curious as to why you purchased a second AC adaptor though.

Why the extra power adapter? It's not a 3DS XL. :p
the console was bought from Amazon.co.uk.
I'm in Croatia.
Different power. ^^ (220V vs 110V + different sockets)

I'll set it up tomorrow, no time now unfotunately. I'll set up PSN+ alongside it.
I heard SOOOO MANY good things about P4G so that had to be the first game I bought for it. Although I won't start it right away (I'm playing XCOM on the PC and Tales of Xillia on PS3).
When I start P4G...I'll only play that. xD

Guess I'll be hanging out here from now on. Probably nagging you with n00b questions for starters. Don't mind me. ;)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
ZeroAKA said:
Running at 640x368 resolution.
Sadly yes. So far ALL PS2->Vita ports/remakes (no exceptions) have been "PS2 resoluton, NO AA of any kind". Some cut the framerate of original in half in addition to that.

And the irony here is that PS2 is the ONLY platform to achieve this... feat... For every other platform - majority/all of ports/remakes are better, and its not uncommon to see improvements over original (even for PS3->Vita).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My case that came with the first edition bundle was great for a year plus but its basically completely fallen apart now with the inside ripped and the zipper completely broken.

So I'm looking for a new Vita case. Ideally something like the FEB case with a little compartment to hold some stuff but also obviously capable of holding the Vita comfortably and does a good job protecting it.

I really don't want to break the bank so what am I looking for? I guess something under $25 or so.

Jawmuncher

My case that came with the first edition bundle was great for a year plus but its basically completely fallen apart now with the inside ripped and the zipper completely broken.

So I'm looking for a new Vita case. Ideally something like the FEB case with a little compartment to hold some stuff but also obviously capable of holding the Vita comfortably and does a good job protecting it.

I really don't want to break the bank so what am I looking for? I guess something under $25 or so.

Bestbuy has the rocket fish vita case for 9.99

Has this been posted?

Optimism around PS Vita is growing, says Sony

The UK team has seen sales of Vita increase 100 per cent during the summer, partly thanks to the launch of its Mega Pack.

UK boss Fergal Gara told MCV that the firm will not forget Vita in the ramp up to the PS4 launch.

Sony says there will be 900 Vita games by the end of 2013.

“The ability to play all 32 PS4 launch titles using Remote Play does a lot for the Vita catalogue,” said SCEE boss Jim Ryan.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/optimism-around-psvita-is-growing-says-sony/0120637

Maedhros

Has this been posted?

Optimism around PS Vita is growing, says Sony

The UK team has seen sales of Vita increase 100 per cent during the summer, partly thanks to the launch of its Mega Pack.

UK boss Fergal Gara told MCV that the firm will not forget Vita in the ramp up to the PS4 launch.

Sony says there will be 900 Vita games by the end of 2013.

“The ability to play all 32 PS4 launch titles using Remote Play does a lot for the Vita catalogue,” said SCEE boss Jim Ryan.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/optimism-around-psvita-is-growing-says-sony/0120637
I don't have a problem with SCEE. It's SCEA that keep fucking Vita.

AGoodODST

Hey, I wonder if anybody could fill me in on a few details.

I'm planning on picking up a Vita next month. I think it's an obvious choice to get a years subscription to PS+ to go with it, so my question is, will the 8 gig card that comes in the Mega Pack be okay? Or is it worth just shelling out for a 32 gig card from the get go?

Regarding PS+, is there a place to check what games are available with the service? There are a bunch of games I am interested in, but I don't want to go out and buy them if I can download for free.

Even if I dont like RPGs?

Yup.
There's a ton of fighting games ported so you can have your favorite console fighter on the go. (SFxT, UMvC3, MK9, DoA5, etc.)
There's a ton of awesome indie releases that feel like they're suited/made for Vita like Spelunky and Hotline Miami.
There's a ton of original games spanning a variety of genres such as Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary, and Gravity Rush.
Cross-buy and PS+ make it a no-brainer if you own a PS3.

It's just fantastic. Buy one.

Got 100% on the first three worlds of Rayman Legends so far :)

I'm jealous... I'd like to buy this already, but not until that patch goes live, as I said. I stick to my guns, at least partially, just like I did with Velocity and Muramasa. :p

i keep missing your requests for SFxT. Would you like to set up a formal time tonight to play?

You've turned Spelunky into "how to murder shopkeepers 101" for me.
I hope you're proud of yourself.

I'm perfectly fine with this. My least favorite developer this gen. They can continue making shitty games/remakes for other platforms.

I like Wayforward. They've done some quality stuff. The Shantae game(s) is/are well-liked among those who have actually played them (paging Uraizen), I liked SH:BoM, and I also liked Bloodrayne: Betrayal, Contra 4, and plan on buying Ducktales: Remastered eventually.

Novocaine

I think I'm going to buy the Sony Pulse headset and use it for my PS3 and Vita.

Reckon it's worth it?

I'm actually a little curious about this also. But from what I can tell you have to have it wired to the Vita, so I might as well keep my wired cans that I have now. If that's wrong though please tell me.

Raytow

Don't like taking control of Murphy in Rayman Legends, any idea if you can switch the control to the triangle button like in the PC version?

lights

I'm planning on picking up a Vita next month. I think it's an obvious choice to get a years subscription to PS+ to go with it, so my question is, will the 8 gig card that comes in the Mega Pack be okay? Or is it worth just shelling out for a 32 gig card from the get go?

Regarding PS+, is there a place to check what games are available with the service? There are a bunch of games I am interested in, but I don't want to go out and buy them if I can download for free.

8GB is manageable if you just plan on deleting games as you complete them before downloading the next ones.

However if you can afford it, I would definitely recommend going for a 32GB card.

You've turned Spelunky into "how to murder shopkeepers 101" for me.
I hope you're proud of yourself.

Like I said, I just learned another new method last night I'm trying to perfect. I'm debating on posting better HOW-TO's for people with pretty pictures and what not.

Shopkeepers can really be the hardest enemy in the game. Perfectly strats against them is a lot of fun.

Also getting the shot gun early and taking advantage of the shotgun jump is pretty amazing and lucrative.

I'm very happy btw :)

Novocaine

An 8gb card is fine if you don't mind swapping games in and out. It's really not too bad if you have them all backed up on a computer.

The SEN store shows you what is available on PS+ and the official blogs usually give a week or so heads up. Linky

Ran rp

Just changed my mind on buying Rayman day 1, and it has nothing to do with the upcoming patch. Rather, it's that the game is one of the few that doesn't limit screen brightness to 80%, and as such should be rewarded.

You win, Ubisoft <3

Maybe day 2 depending on how this demo progresses

Yeah, seriously.

The 8 GB card isn't even enough to download and install all the games on the megapack bundle. I got that and I'm currently awaiting my 32gb card. I have Uncharted, Wipeout and Rayman Origins plus a few small ps1 games and that's basically all I can install.

AGoodODST

Thanks for the replies, really helpfull!

It sounds like a good idea to just pick up a 32 gig card at the same time, as I'll be wanting that extra space at some point anyway.

Top Bottom