• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

Noi

dENzFK7.png

Latest Vita Firmware: [URL="http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psvita/index.htm"]2.61[/URL]

On December 17, 2011, a handheld was launched that took the hearts of many by storm. Despite it's ups and downs, the PlayStation Vita remains a handheld with a solid library, and this thread's purpose is to discuss the software released on a monthly basis.

september-releaseskrukw.png

NA
3 - Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
Kickbeat
Rayman Legends
Soul Sacrifice ‘The Iron Lady’s Tears of Red’ DLC
10 - Dragon Fantasy Book II
Killzone Mercenary
17 - Soul Sacrifice ‘The Fall of the Gods’ DLC
24 - FIFA 14 (PSV and PSP)

Free on PS+:
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP)
Rayman Origins

EU
4 - Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
Kickbeat
Soul Sacrifice ‘The Iron Lady’s Tears of Red’ DLC
Killzone: Mercenary (EU, Sep 6 UK)
18 - Soul Sacrifice ‘The Fall of the Gods’ DLC
24 - FIFA 14 (PSV and PSP)

Free on PS+:
Urban Trial Freestyle
New Little King's Story
Stealth Inc.
Jak and Daxter Trilogy

August Releases with no Dates:
Lone Survivor

jicuru0k.png

JPN
19 - Yahari Game demo Ore no Seishun Love Kome wa machigatteiru
26 - The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate
Rui Ha Tomo Wo Yobu

gotm-septodux0.png

dragonscrown4cuwn.png
dragonscrownjdzl8.png

You step into the deep, dark dungeon called the Vita Game and Service Thread. Before you lies a- okay enough of that. Produced by acclaimed game designer George Kamitani, Dragon's Crown has proven to be a smash hit, with it's fun beat 'em up action harking back to the Capcom D&D titles of yore. If you haven't picked either the PS3 or Vita version up, what are you waiting for?

To learn more about Dragon's Crown, visit the OT and join up with some other folks on an adventure!

BYMf4to.png

How do I backup/transfer my games and saves to and from my PC/PS3?
For PC:
Follow this guide.
For PS3:
Follow this other guide.

How do I switch accounts on my Vita?
Short Version -
First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time

To switch accounts, you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore)
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple)

Long Version here.

(Thanks to Kazerei and The Grim Heaper!)

What does system update X.0X do?
"Improve system stability", usually, unless noted otherwise.

What is PlayStation Plus? Why should I, as a Vita owner, care about it?
PS Plus is a subscription service that not only gives you access to extra perks to use for your PS Vita, but also grants you an Instant Game Collection of 6 games available to try out for free. These perks include:
-1 GB Cloud Storage for all your PS Vita Game saves (PS1/PSP saves are not allowed).
-Automatic Save uploads to the Cloud, Game Updates and Trophy syncs.
-The same features available for your PlayStation 3 console, only with even more games.

30Rsemz.png

Thanks to Monosukoi for contributing the banners and to Dark Schala for assorted help every month!

Noi

Sorry for skimping on the game previews. I couldn't get them finished on time due to schoolwork, but I'll put them up ASAP after the weekend is over.

No Killzone mention in the thread title?

EDIT: Buy anything except Ridge Racer! I made such a mistake falling for that sale...

shink

Thanks =)
I thought it'd be Dragon's Crown this month. I'll still fight for LBPV until it comes out on top

sn00zer

I want to buy a new Vita game....but I want to spend only around $20...Ive been looking at Persona but its just out of my price range...any game I should really pick up?
EDIT: I have PSA and LBP
DBLEDIT: I would like a physical copy

Edgeward

I want to buy a new Vita game....but I want to spend only around $20...Ive been looking at Persona but its just out of my price range...any game I should really pick up?
EDIT: I have PSA and LBP
DBLEDIT: I would like a physical copy

Sly 4?
Sonic All Star racing?
Hot Shots?

*sniff* *sniff* Ahhhhhh!

Killzone should definitely be on that thread title. I might jump on the Dragon's Crown train this month as well.

Edgeward

"Oh damn totally forgot there was a Hotshots...I LOVE HOTSHOTS...does it have local multi...like passing one vita back and forth? "

Nope.

AmanoBuff

That smell of new thread...

Glad to see Dragon's Crown made it as the best of the month.

Also, Lone Survivor.. gimme gimme gimme.

Which one:

Hotline Miami or Limbo?

I have never played either (well, I've played the Limbo demo on PSV and 360).

Also, is Terraria arriving soon?

null_zpsd5736031.jpg

^ from Yoshidas Twitter

Grinchy

Banned
Ohhh man...I played the demo for an hour and deleted it soon after....definitely not my type of game, but i can see why people like it

Yeah I guess I wouldn't actually say it's for everyone, but I love it. It has quite a steep learning curve.

Edgeward

Hotline Miami

I thought the second half of Limbo wasn't as strong as the fist half. Put a bit of a damper on my feelings for it.

Plus Hotline Miami is a great murder simulator.

Which one:

Hotline Miami or Limbo?

I have never played either (well, I've played the Limbo demo on PSV and 360).

Hotline Miami is phenomenal.
I just picked up Limbo cause it's on sale as even though I own it on PC, I've never actually played it. It's got a small filesize too -- less than 250mb.

So it depends -- wait on hotline miami if you want to grab limbo on sale (it's $15 normally instead of the $6 it is this week).

I'm guessing 11/15 game. Been announced as a PS4 launch title, I would hope it is Cross Buy.

Excellent. Minecraft appearing 11-15 would be stellar! Definitely getting on Vita first, but cross buy would sweeten the deal...seeing ill have my PS4 ready to go, as well.

Hotline Miami is phenomenal.
I just picked up Limbo cause it's on sale as even though I own it on PC, I've never actually played it. It's got a small filesize too -- less than 250mb.

So it depends -- wait on hotline miami if you want to grab limbo on sale (it's $15 normally instead of the $6 it is this week).

I'll grab Limbo first, saving 1/2 in cost. I'll also grab Hotline Miami, too.

I still need Guacamelee - but for whatever reason, that one isn't grabbing me (my wallet). Dunno why :0(

Novocaine

Has anybody figured out what the significance of the 8/16 bit type music on the first world of Spelunky that randomly happens is for?

The Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki looks so good. I wish they would put up more gameplay of it playing on the Vita, or at least on the PS3 before it's release. It looks promising to me.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki looks so good. I wish they would put up more gameplay of it playing on the Vita, or at least on the PS3 before it's release. It looks promising to me.
Only trailer that exists is the PV they put up last month I believe. Few new screens came out a couple of weeks ago but the models look pretty janky to me, would've preferred that they stick to sprites tbh.

Top Bottom