• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

Damn, I love this little handheld.

Good times with Killzone Mercenary at the moment.

This just looks so fucking incredible...

Aytrial

Kinda regret not putting a pre-order in for the limited God Eater 2 Vita. Though there's no pictures yet, I bet it looks sexy.

nampad

Yay, new thread ;)

Vitagaf's Top 20 Blabbermouths in August (well 21, Baron Von Beans and breaskfuss tied):
wallofshameaugust6zsra.png

Weak month for Toto but he still managed to make the list with interesting Tearaway discussions in the end of the month. Frost dominating the month with an impressive number of 358 posts (June and July top posters were <250).
Overall, it was a good month with 9,556 posts (June: 5,735; July: 7,228). Gamescom hype or growing Vitagaf?

RalchAC

Two weaks and I have some college exams... June wasn't my month, so I've been studying aaall summer T.T

Three weeks and half until lessons start again. Two more years until I can put my lovely degree into a shelve and become one of the five million people unemployed in Spain. Great! xD

I guess I will start studying something else.
______

Where is the hall of shame going to be up? I want to know if i'm there or not (probably not). This month is going to be nice. Tons of games and tons of new bros. Can we expect +200 pages in the September thread?

RalchAC

Holy shit. And I was thinking I enter in GAF more than I should. The wall of (f)shame posters are almost +100.

Wait until college starts again... I'm gonna be bored and posting 5 post / hour. Journalism can be soooo boring at times (specially when the teacher starts explaining stuff you've been hearing for 2 years)

shink

I didn't realise you have to survive 12? levels in Spelunky to complete it. It took me hours of retrying to even get to the Jungle and I didn't last long there haha

QP3

Looking for impressions on Valkyria Chronicles 2!

Is there a good amount of stat building/ customizing? Is it story/dialogue heavy?

Oh man, the Vita price drop is finally happening in Australia and I'm going to get one. It's dropping from $350 to $270, but retailers are offering their own deals. Just saw an ad for a Vita plus Killzone for $255. Pretty tempting but I don't want any physical copies, I wonder if I could sell it?

RalchAC

Oh man, the Vita price drop is finally happening in Australia and I'm going to get one. It's dropping from $350 to $270, but retailers are offering their own deals. Just saw an ad for a Vita plus Killzone for $255. Pretty tempting but I don't want any physical copies, I wonder if I could sell it?

Often games bundled cannot be traded or sold. Before buying the KZ:M bundle, ask the retailer if the game can be resold. But, before asking that, ask if it comes with a memory card.

4GB is rubbish. You will have it full before you even know it.
8GB is... you can survive a while with it. But it's not so nice. It's probably bundled with the system.
16GB is the sweet spot, but it's not bundled. I think is the best storage/price balanced. You can manage pretty well until you find a good deal for a 32GB.
32GB is the best if you're planning to go full digital. But it's pretty expensive. You should wait for a good sale before buying it. In USA is 80$, so in AU it could be like 100 or so, right?

PS <------ Have you seen that N64 avatar I've just started using?

wilflare

Glad you are joining the VitaFamily, Sutton! Get US PS+ the digital deals/sales are insane and more than make up for the so-called inferior IGC :p

My PSV will be here tomorrow, so excited! I've downloaded all my games to my PS3 so I can quickly transfer everything across instead of downloading them directly on the Vita.

Tempted to buy Rocketbirds as I like the PS3 demo, not sure how the PSV version compares though. Anyone here got it?

I've ordered a couple of cases for the Vita. I really wanted a hard shell one as I'll be putting it in my bag everyday, but the only one I could find is the Hori one and everyone says it smells! Lol! I have a Hori one for my 3DS XL and its ace.

My PSV will be here tomorrow, so excited! I've downloaded all my games to my PS3 so I can quickly transfer everything across instead of downloading them directly on the Vita.

Tempted to buy Rocketbirds as I like the PS3 demo, not sure how the PSV version compares though. Anyone here got it?

I've ordered a couple of cases for the Vita. I really wanted a hard shell one as I'll be putting it in my bag everyday, but the only one I could find is the Hori one and everyone says it smells! Lol! I have a Hori one for the Vita and its ace though :)

It's a pretty awesome game on Vita. Some might malign it because it has Flashback platforming sensibilities, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Glad you are joining the VitaFamily, Sutton! Get US PS+ the digital deals/sales are insane and more than make up for the so-called inferior IGC :p

Thanks guys, looks like the bundle is just a store specific bundle not an official pack in, so reselling should be no problem. It doesn't come with a memory card though so I'll have to grab one. I have two options; 16gb for $50 or 32gb for $85...

Also, where is the best place to get US PSN credit?

wilflare

Thanks guys, looks like the bundle is just a store specific bundle not an official pack in, so reselling should be no problem. It doesn't come with a memory card though so I'll have to grab one. I have two options; 16gb for $50 or 32gb for $85...

Also, where is the best place to get US PSN credit?

32GB, no regrets really especially if you are going Digital-only :)

Best place to get US PSN Credit? Amazon.com! You can use your own Aus Credit Card, just use any US Billing Address (you can put Google or if you use any Courier service that address works as well)

spectyre

KZ:L is about the cost of a rubbish sandwich on PSN - I toyed with the idea... but didn't bite. Tell me my transatlantic cousin - what's it like and should I buy it? Or shall I plough through my backlog and play more FF XIV? TELL ME

I don't know how the EU store is set up but in the NA store has a PSP bundles section. They have Liberation bundled with Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow for $14.99. Back when I bought the bundle, it was cheaper than either game individually. Both are excellent games from the PSP.

32GB, no regrets really especially if you are going Digital-only :)

Best place to get US PSN Credit? Amazon.com! You can use your own Aus Credit Card, just use any US Billing Address (you can put Google or if you use any Courier service that address works as well)

Cheers. Yeah I guess I'll bite the bullet with regards to the 32gb...

winjet81

Who can convince me to purchase EDF?

I keep wanting to buy, but it looks so one-dimensional; just running around and shooting ants.

Is there something I'm missing that makes this game a must-buy?

Tizoc

Who can convince me to purchase EDF?

I keep wanting to buy, but it looks so one-dimensional; just running around and shooting ants.

Is there something I'm missing that makes this game a must-buy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDyECvmnIo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWH-U0c7emo

Get it if you enjoy blowing shit and monsters up.
I sadly am waiting for it to be a Plus freebie, but if it remains on sale come next update I'll prob. grab it.

Note to self:" FInish up Muramasa Rebirth to save some space for future games.

Looking for impressions on Valkyria Chronicles 2!

Is there a good amount of stat building/ customizing? Is it story/dialogue heavy?

Have you played VC1 and liked it ? Well if you need VC2 is mandatory anyway :D

I'd say it's rather light on stat building (there is basic progression) and customization (some items to choose but not that many) apart from tank which had tons of stuff to choose and unlock.

Story wise VC2 is bit lighter than VC1 as you get story parts unfolding every few missions and then optional stories for all side characters.

Omlagus

Yay! New thread! Nice job Noi. Thread title is perfect even without the Killzone mention. Can't wait to get my hands on KZM. Just spent a bit of time with the beta as I didn't want to burn out on it, so I'm looking forward to finally spending some good time with that.

sajj316

Just tweeted Shahid to get on the Mighty No. 9 train. Make it handheld exclusive to Vita! Probably not going to happen but one can ask ...

Regarding the missing Legends levels, just get Sony third party relations involved. That must be resolved as I want the Vita version!!

Moobabe

I don't know how the EU store is set up but in the NA store has a PSP bundles section. They have Liberation bundled with Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow for $14.99. Back when I bought the bundle, it was cheaper than either game individually. Both are excellent games from the PSP.

KZ:L is about £3 on our store - is it a strategy game? I watched a video and it looks like a sort of top down shooter.

Okay, I was kind of underwhelmed by the PSVita once the Persona 4 Golden hype spike passed, but now after playing Virtue Last Reward, Metal Gear HD Collection, Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Stealth Bastard, Trials, Killzone Mercenaries and PS4's remote play I'm definitely excited for what this console will bring. I only hope it will be like the PSP and have a gain of momentum in the near future.

Plus I downloaded the Spelunky demo, this game is awesome, will buy as soon as possible. Also, I can't wait to receive my 32Gb memory card and for Atelier Meruru to drop in price (40€ is a bit steep. I bought a lot of indie games mainly because of their price, soft on my wallet).

A bit off topic, but I have a question and I need some PlayStation people's advice.

Got a 1TB HDD for my PS3, but I'm thinking of returning it for a 500GB and saving about $25. Does anyone really find that 500GB is too little for their PS3? I'm a Plus subscriber and I'm getting a Vita next month, but I'm also not someone who thinks they HAVE to have everything I've ever bought on my drive at once. Should I just keep it or is 500 enough?

A bit off topic, but I have a question and I need some PlayStation people's advice.

Got a 1TB HDD for my PS3, but I'm thinking of returning it for a 500GB and saving about $25. Does anyone really find that 500GB is too little for their PS3? I'm a Plus subscriber and I'm getting a Vita next month, but I'm also not someone who thinks they HAVE to have everything I've ever bought on my drive at once. Should I just keep it or is 500 enough?
I have a 500GB and I find it plenty for the moment, and I've been a PS+ member since November. Of course, I don't keep ALL of the single-player driven games, only those I like to play regularly.

With that said, should you decide to buy a 1TB Hdd you can always use it for something else (PC Part or for the PS4 if you buy one).

False edit : Ah you already bought it ? Just keep it imho.

nampad

Welcome to Vitagaf.
I understand that you want to go full digital but 1 physical copy doesn't hurt. You can keep it in your game slot and won't really notice it except for the 2 second 'install' delay when rebooting the system. It also does save a lot of space, especially a big game like KZ: M.

I am full digital, too except for my bundled Virtua Tennis 4. Will switch it out for DJMax Technika Tune though because it isn't released here. Guess you will also have to import a game sooner or later.

I've ordered a couple of cases for the Vita. I really wanted a hard shell one as I'll be putting it in my bag everyday, but the only one I could find is the Hori one and everyone says it smells! Lol! I have a Hori one for the Vita and its ace though :)

Welcome to Vitagaf.
Every time I see you posting I want a new Sega Rally or Outrun for Vita :(

Many of us use the Thrustmaster VIP case and are satisfied. It doesn't look as nice as on the promotion pictures but still better than other hardcases.

Gala

New thread, another bunch of games for my Vita backlog!

Thank god Dragon's Crown is released in October in Europe. My girlfriend is coming over from Japan during September and I won't have the money and time to buy and play it. Hopefully I can convince her to let me play a little bit of Killzone over the month while we travel through Germany and Europe.

Are there any recent news about the release date of FF X/X-2 HD or Luftrausers from PAX?

Love that new thread smell!

Found out an amazing tactic in Spelunky to take out an un-angry shopkeeper with just a whip. Only costs you one heart but you end up with a shotgun and all the goodies.

It takes some practice to get consistent but I can't imagine not doing it anymore.

If he has a machete, ice ray, or shotgun you can do it without losing any hearts

It feels that August thread was a few days ago :O

Btw, people, just upgraded my grip to a rechargeable vita grip. Im charging the grip and am wondering, once its fully charged, how would it extend my battery life? Does the vita grip charge the vita's battery after it finishes it or does it extend it somehow. Quite worried bout this matter.

It feels that August thread was a few days ago :O

Btw, people, just upgraded my grip to a rechargeable vita grip. Im charging the grip and am wondering, once its fully charged, how would it extend my battery life? Does the vita grip charge the vita's battery after it finishes it or does it extend it somehow. Quite worried bout this matter.

It's like playing your vita with usb charger cable connected.

Omerta

A quick aside...

I put some time into Knytt Underground tonight.

I picked it up with the IGC ages ago and messed around with it for five minutes, it didn't instantly grab me so I let the dust settle over it for all this time. Well, after reading the glowing reports of another gaffer (sorry, I forget who) I thought I'd give it another shot.

I'm glad I did. Love the ambient vibe, love the exploration, love how the game teases you with a story... I'll get into it for sure.

The moral of this story: We've become a generation who demand instant titilation... Now I like tits as much as the next man but sometimes you've got to work for it.

Mario007

Why do we have a thread title basically suggesting this is an Indie only month when this is the month Vita's getting it's biggest retail release?

Top Bottom