• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I pirated 360 games and MS banned me, what the hell?

ffdgh

We could ask OP to give us the screenshots of the harrassing messages, so those guys could be banned as well. That kind of behaviour should not be tolerated, IMO.

Well the op is...sorta already banned.

Oh wait harrasss on Facebook? Yeah that's a bit much.

Tried to tell you guys.

MS have some decent systems in place. They're not going out. Ban an account AND a console just because they feel like it.

Still amazes me that there is a defense force for everything.

He made this thread acting like he was the victim of the evil M$.

Meanwhile anyone who doesn't have an agenda could see he did something wrong because of the severity of the ban.

We could ask OP to give us the screenshots of the harrassing messages, so those guys could be banned as well. That kind of behaviour should not be tolerated, IMO.

Probably wouldn't help. He has quite a footprint.

Today he's getting to know what being under the internet microscope feels like. Not pretty.

Madness

I knew it. I stated several dozen pages ago, that OP must've done something else because there is no way he would have been banned for the Oman thing and he said no, I'm not that dumb, it has to be the Oman thing. Turned out he was pirating games.

Also, there were a few who said he broke ToS rules, were so STRONGLY on Microsoft's side, that it makes me wonder whether they didn't work for Xbox Live itself.

Microsoft cannot ban you for using loopholes to take advantage of a goof on their part.

Is this a joke post?

What the fuck does this have to do with buying a game and having it taken away from you?

I don't even...

You know that even as far back as the NES days, none of us "technically" own any of those cartridges we all have sitting around?

We own the license to use them. It's just that now, these companies have the technology to enforce this license ownership. They didn't back then. Lucky too, because if you think MS is bad, you should have seen Nintendo back then. They WOULD have banned people for shits and giggles knowing you'd go out and buy another console and more games without thinking about it.

Strike

Zumblakladla
Banned
Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Yup. Pretty much the outcome I expected. Reminds of a similar thread a few years back about some poster complaining about someone filing on complaint on PSN accusing him of harassing people.

Ghazi

Does anyone remember when someone got banned back when Halo 4 had come out and he got a legal copy early and MS banned him and his console for it?

That one was actually MS's fault, right? I can't remember if he did anything wrong.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oman thing? You fraudster! Seriously though I would go all USA on there ass and sue them!!!!!

Another plus for the PS3 though, multiple accounts owned and items downloaded no ban!

I would get in contact with m$ and a lawer, technically they have just stolen all your property by removing you access, maybe possible you can claim all the money back Aswell

You know that even as far back as the NES days, none of us "technically" own any of those cartridges we all have sitting around?

We own the license to use them. It's just that now, these companies have the technology to enforce this license ownership. They didn't back then. Lucky too, because if you think MS is bad, you should have seen Nintendo back then. They WOULD have banned people for shits and giggles knowing you'd go out and buy another console and more games without thinking about it.

I don't see anywhere in any old NES instruction manual where it says that I only own a license.

Does anyone remember when someone got banned back when Halo 4 had come out and he got a legal copy early and MS banned him and his console for it?

That one was actually MS's fault, right? I can't remember if he did anything wrong.

Well when you buy it with no proof of purchase there is no way to validate you legally bought it or stole it.

Ghazi

In the Kotaku link it says they'd ban you because "if you're playing it early that means you have a pirated copy, which means you have a modded console" (paraphrased it a bit).

Which is apparently not what was going on with Skel1ingt0n. Thanks for linking the original thread though, I never got to read his updates.

Well when you buy it with no proof of purchase there is no way to validate you legally bought it or stole it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally understand the reasons for his banning. The receipt part of his post sounds super shady though, I don't know what to think of it. I just think perm ban and a console ban is a little ridiculous for obtaining a game copy early, because innocent people will get caught in the crossfire. If he stole it, then I think he deserved it. If he legitimately bought it and was perm banned for it I think that was a little unfair. But I don't approve of getting the game early.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is that even remotely true?

Oman thing? You fraudster! Seriously though I would go all USA on there ass and sue them!!!!!

Another plus for the PS3 though, multiple accounts owned and items downloaded no ban!

I would get in contact with m$ and a lawer, technically they have just stolen all your property by removing you access, maybe possible you can claim all the money back Aswell
Boy you're fucking late.

Krakn3Dfx

Was at my kid's football game all morning, just caught up, man, this thread.

funny-applaus-alone-gif.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
In the Kotaku link it says they'd ban you because "if you're playing it early that means you have a pirated copy, which means you have a modded console" (paraphrased it a bit).

Which is apparently not what was going on with Skel1ingt0n. Thanks for linking the original thread though, I never got to read his updates.

Yeah, but Halo 4 was a high profile release that Microsoft had zero tolerance on this title, even if you have a "legit copy" of the game

Skel. could have cleared his ban if he snitched who sold the copy to him, but he didn't. So instead he bought a new X360 lol

Hex

Banned
Why is this
Originally Posted by Zumblakladla

Hahaahahha I must say, hands down :D lol

But not relevant, unfortunately :D

so similar to this?

Originally Posted by stfuppercut

Hahaahahha I must say, hands down :D lol

But not relevant, unfortunately :D

What the fuck is going on here? D:

This thread has made the last two days golden, and just when I thought it could not get better there is a "Just when you thought it was over...."

Ghazi

Yeah, but Halo 4 was a high profile release that Microsoft had zero tolerance on this title, even if you have a "legit copy" of the game

Skel. could have cleared his ban if he snitched who sold the copy to him, but he didn't. So instead he bought a new X360 lol

Definitely, I was just wondering if there had been something else going on with that like there was here.

Gold Member
I've been following this thread silently in the shadows, but oh man that was some dumb ass move by the OP.

Never ever bet against detective GAF digging the dirt. Never...ever. And what was the fucking point in the thread anyway? MS flame thread? I dunno pretty pointless IMO especially because of the major backfire lol.

DarkFlow

Banned

I remember, and someone on GAF who works for 343 said he would get them unbanned. I think he's still waiting on that.

cripterion

Wow this this thread was such a treat! Lol @ the OP.
Funniest thing is going back and reading the early pages and people welcoming him to Sony with the Banderas/PS4 gif

DragonNC

My new console got banned before one week.
Fucking guy sold me a moded xbox360 before 6 months.
So I did go in the store threatened him that I will go straight a whey in the MS office & report him for piracy.
After short argue he gives me a new not moded console.
Damn bastard ....you cant rely on anything in third world country.

SHADES

Pirating games and not supporting developers is one thing. But pirating games so you can try and decide to buy if you like, and in the end buy that game is totally different.

If im a pirate, why would have such a huge collection of the games, why would I buy games through XBL etc etc... It just doesn't add up.

All the games I've been playing are legally obtained, and that's it.

I know there's no reason to belive me, so be it, its your choice. If im totally wrong i wouldt post here, Oman account wouldnt be banned, if its because of piracy, only console is banned, not account, because you modified console, not your account.

I know what I'm guilty for and i feel sorry for that, but I know what I'm not guilty for and i want to find out what's the main reason for my banning.

If they told me, look dude, you pirated games, we took yours the end! i will say, ok you're right, but I'm fucking collecting games that i love, and i support every developer.

I know that the most of you don't give a fuck what I'm going to write but that's it.

Someone mentioned, do i feel ashamed? Yes for people telling me I dont belong here and thinking that im taking advantage of MS and shit, but not for opening a thread because Im not banned because i want to try someting before I buy.

That's it.

There's this thing you see, its called Demo's & they can be found on the marketplace!

But you already know this & as for all these games you own, where's the proof they're not pirated?

Yes they may have been brought legally once, but not by you it seems,

Busted pirate be busted, you got what you deserved chump!

Gxgear

Don't fuck with the internet, or it'll fuck you right back. We're past the point where you can simply hide behind anonymity and people will track you down when given a reason to, but some just can't seems to understand that.

Welp. Case has been solved, op has been banned, thread is long enough.

A mod should lock this in the vault of memories.
Hopefully this will serve as a lesson to people who lies about pirating and defends it doing so.

Just caught up on this thread and this shit is hilarious. Here's my recap for what it's worth:

-OP posts complaining that he was banned, states only thing he can think he did wrong was oman glitch(getting free games by creating an account from oman then downloading them onto his console using that account). States he has 50 LEGAL games.
-OP goes on to show that the console and all his profiles were banned.
-Some posters call BS, state that in order for console to be banned OP must have it modded and pirating games on it, OP denies this and says all he did wrong was Oman glitch.
-OP states he is getting in contact with MS, doesn't provide any further updates at this point.
-A Poster finds OP on a website selling keys associated with other mass key glitches(Dirt 3, you could sign up to a website and get multiple keys).
-Another poster finds OP on a 360 piracy website asking for Lost Planet to be uploaded.
-Yet another poster finds OP on another piracy forum selling a "recently banned" modded console with "coincidentally" 50 pirated games(amount OP claims to have had legally).
-OP then reenters discussion, states this piracy information is "not relevent", it is another console"(I'm personally calling BS on this one, MS will only ban modded consoles, if account is modded but console is not they will only ban account. They want you to start another account and pay for gold again).
-OP then backpedals, tries to claim he knew he was in the wrong all along, only wanted access to "what he legally bought".
-OP digs his grave and goes on a rant about how piracy to try games before buying is perfectly fine - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83146821&postcount=1583
-OP banned, justice served.

UnrealEck

Don't fuck with the internet, or it'll fuck you right back. We're past the point where you can simply hide behind anonymity and people will track you down when given a reason to, but some just can't seems to understand that.

Or be more anonymous. You can get away with a lot of things on the internet if you want to.

Bsigg12

Just caught up on this thread and this shit is hilarious. Here's my recap for what it's worth:

-OP posts complaining that he was banned, states only thing he can think he did wrong was oman glitch(getting free games by creating an account from oman then downloading them onto his console using that account). States he has 50 LEGAL games.
-OP goes on to show that the console and all his profiles were banned.
-Some posters call BS, state that in order for console to be banned OP must have it modded and pirating games on it, OP denies this and says all he did wrong was Oman glitch.
-OP states he is getting in contact with MS, doesn't provide any further updates at this point.
-A Poster finds OP on a website selling keys associated with other mass key glitches(Dirt 3, you could sign up to a website and get multiple keys).
-Another poster finds OP on a 360 piracy website asking for Lost Planet to be uploaded.
-Yet another poster finds OP on another piracy forum selling a "recently banned" console with "coincidentally" 50 games(amount OP claims to have had legally).
-OP then reenters discussion, states this piracy information is "not relevent", it is another console"(I'm personally calling BS on this one, MS will only ban modded consoles, if account is modded but console is not they will only ban account. They want you to start another account and pay for gold again).
-OP then backpedals, tries to claim he knew he was in the wrong all along, only wanted access to "what he legally bought".
-OP digs his grave and goes on a rant about how piracy to try games before buying is perfectly fine - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83146821&postcount=1583
-OP banned, justice served.

Perfect summary. Well done.

Top Bottom