• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If your entire digital library went away, what would you do?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Sheila Canning Laughing GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)
Yeah I'd pirate all that shit. Well when I say all I mean maybe 10%, a lot of the other stuff I probably wouldn't even remember owning.

KiteGr

The console one I don't consider permanent. Whatever I buy on consoles will become unavailable, inaccessible or a hassle to set up in a few generations. It's also only about 10 games I Mostly buy physical there.

If steam tries to pull this thing, I'll just pirate from there on.

Well for starters I'd never trust a digital storefront ever again, and I'd probably either sue or contact the police and file a report to get my stuff back or at least refunded. After that I would probably go back to old-school physical-only games, or just stop gaming altogether.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

all digital games across STeam, Epic, PS store, eshop, EA, Battle.net, Minecraft, MSFT, etc???

I imagine there would be enough rioters in the streets that I wouldn't have to do anything. Also reality is I either had my fun with those games or never touched them so really would affect me not.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Happened to me on PS4.

Got banned, lost my entire digital library.

Was mad for a bit.

Eventually bought another PS4, made a new account and bought more games.

A.Romero

I'd be pissed but probably play Gamepass more often.

Not sure if I could refrain from buying new games from a new account. I guess it depends on how I lost them.

Beechos

Ehh I'm confident enought that if one of these companies go down whichever takes over will allow you keep/transfer your existing library to them.

It's not the end of the world for me. Most games I owned are backlogged to the point I'll never play and games I've beaten I won't replay because of my backlog.

SHA

Which library, how and on which platform, is it common? Like spending $6000 plus on psn cause we heard about this case multiple times.

Last edited:

Noxxera

See freedom. My life would be changed.

Edit: But it will never happen either. Game Pass still exists. And PS+.

Last edited:

gimmmick

Still neglect my consoles since I rarely have time to game with a 2 year old son and wife.

Last edited:

manzo

Finally make my Super Nintendo the only console connected to the main TV.

edit: and happily live through my childhood whenever I need to waste time playing video games

Last edited:

ShadowNate

I'll finally be free. From like 1000 games. Still about twice as much in offline installers and physical media to go in my backlog, though.

So no running naked in the woods heights of happiness.

magnumpy

I'd be glad I never bought into this "digital only" nonsense and continue to play my disc/cartridge based games :p

Top Bottom