• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It actually happened to me too (Stranded at an airport with a Wii U)

Off-Tv play is the biggest gaming innovation in a long long time

Yes because as much as the 3DS and Vita are cool, when I am at home and I try to play with my 3DS, I get that itch that just tells me to play a console game instead, so with this you get the best of both worlds.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yes because as much as the 3DS and Vita are cool, when I am at home and I try to play with my 3DS, I get that itch that just tells me to play a console game instead, so with this you get the best of both worlds.
They have an ointment for that.

I still think Nintendo should do a small disc drive-less Wii U with a built in hard drive. For people who don't want a full sized console or like to travel.

I'm going to Singapore next week and as much as I'd like to take my Wii U, I'll probably just take my 3DS and my tablet.

jeremy1456

For the people saying this will be possible with the Vita, are you sure?

Wouldn't you need a TV to activate remote play through the PS4 if you had the console with you?

Every airport I've ever been to needs web browser authentication before you can even use the wifi. I tried once with the Vita but every time I closed the browser it reset the connection and booted me.

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, I'm genuinely wondering if this is possible because if you could just call someone and ask them to turn on your PS4 at home that would be cool.

Oppo

Why are you salty over this little anecdote?

I didn't say anything salty, I said they should make a portable case for it. How did you read it?

Honestly I think Nintendo should do a commercial showing exactly this sort of use – a dude/ette unpacking a Wii U from a bag in a busy airport terminal while his flight is delayed; as oddball as it might be, it could be just the thing to convince the layman that this thing is not just a peripheral but its own pretty unique console in its own right.

I took my Wii U on a road trip Christmas, my wife and I took turns driving.
I played a bit of Assassins Creed 3 OffTV in the car.

RaikuHebi

Banned
For the people saying this will be possible with the Vita, are you sure?

Wouldn't you need a TV to activate remote play through the PS4 if you had the console with you?

Every airport I've ever been to needs web browser authentication before you can even use the wifi. I tried once with the Vita but every time I closed the browser it reset the connection and booted me.

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, I'm genuinely wondering if this is possible because if you could just call someone and ask them to turn on your PS4 at home that would be cool.
The Vita and PS4 can connect directly without the need for Wifi.

DirtyLarry

This story and the latest news about the new 3D Mario game really do make me regret selling my WiiU. I just was not using the damn thing at all, and was trying for once in my adult life to me responsible about things. I used the money I got from selling it and put it right towards my PS4 preorder, but I did not really have to.
If I went to pay for a new one, my wife would totally give me hell.
Luckily my good friend is letting me borrow his WiiU when the new Mario comes out, as he just had his second daughter and has zero time these days.
Once it gets a good price drop though, I will pick it up again.
Excellent story.

Top Bottom