• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Oh, come on you guys are being unfair. BioWare writing may not be high literature but it is far more solid than 95% of what makes up videogame storytelling. They have been and still are pushing the medium forwards and that is commendable.

edit: and I really did not WANT Star Wars to be anything other than simple black & white morality plays. That is what Star Wars has always been, and it is part of its charm. It is simple, easily digestible, action-packed popcorn cinema. That is the reason I do not like KOTOR 2, it really isn't a SW story at all.

You have my axe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah the constant/vowel sound rule dictates when to use 'a' or 'an', but exceptions can be made, for example:

a European country
a One-day conference

tbh, it should have been 'An', I didn't check for grammar errors.

I was referring to "Saoirise". ;)

JakeD

Here's everything from my Humble Bundle account that I haven't already redeemed or given away. For some reason ModBot took out everything after the words "AI War" on the CD Keys. They are a mix of Fleet Command, Ancient Shadows, Children of Neinzul, Light of the Spire and The Zenith Remnant but named AI War #1-10. They are CD Keys and I do not know which is which. The Gratuitous Space (and Tank) keys are multiplayer and not for Steam.

Thanks! i've somehow gone this long without owning braid. nice!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A preview of what I'm working on for Enhanced Steam 5.1

NC5vemZ.png

5RtJ6hl.png

Basically, I added a loading dialog to the inventory market search, and am making it work with (most) emoticons and backgrounds.

derExperte

damn it, Adventure Time is already available, but it's too expensive

Have you read this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...plore-the-dungeon-because-i-dont-know-review? Price could turn out to be one of the games smallest problems.

Hmm? How do you get to there? I got an email saying out of stock.

EDIT: NVM. I got it :D

Mine said the same after translating from Russian. Either they mean that the game was out of stock until now. Or that Watch Dogs still is.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah the constant/vowel sound rule dictates when to use 'a' or 'an', but exceptions can be made, for example:

a European country
a One-day conference

Regarding the exceptions: it's more that the beginning of the word makes a vowel sound. "European" starts with a "y" sound, which I shall remind the class is only sometimes a vowel, and, in this case, its use as a consonant demands the use of "a" instead of "an."

"One" also starts with a consonant sound (w), and, therefore get the "a."

Tenrius

I'm actually pretty hyped for ACIV and I don't know why. I've played only the first and the second ones and the latter I didn't finish (although I still occasionally play small portions of it). My general opinion is that the setpieces are amazing, but actual games behind them aren't. But... pirates!

vazel

Banned
No Young Justice thread? I'm really curious how this game will turn out since these are the guys that are making the Mistborn game.

What's the usual sales price for The Basement Collection during a winter sale/summer sale? The Basement Collection is on sale for 1,35€ on GMG (discount code don't work), but I can feel that is's been under that on a normal big Steam sale.

Isn't that shown on Enhanced Steam? :/

I might be missing some context here, so pardon if that's the case, but "Irish" starts with a non-u vowel and should use "an" instead of "a."

Oh God knows :). I did English Language Grammar the best part of 40 years ago so my memory might be in error. I was just trying to make the point that saying, for example, 'a apple' is correct grammatically but using 'an' instead is an allowable exception because it sounds nicer. God knows what counts for being correct nowadays though. I could have phrased it better but I've just eaten and am a bit sleepy. Us old men get like that don't you know.

a European country
a One-day conference

Which is one of the reasons why English Language is so adorable. So many quirks and nuances which countries which haven't been invaded and occupied by foreign powers who speak a different language just don't have :).

Dont be gramar's nazi guys cuz noone lickes then.

Nicely done :).

I'm going to follow this comment up with a longer post when I actually get the time. But Unity of Command is an incredible game so far. It's a freaking masterpiece of UI design (both in form and function) and combining that UI with very smart, focused streamlining it makes an operational level wargame into something totally accessible. Totally would recommend it even though I've just put in a hour or two so far.

Ugh after narrowly losing in the final mission in XCOM Enemy Unknown
(PS3)
today I fought until the very end with very good odds to win - only to have a glitch in the final moments of the fight - enemy animation just looped and it didn't fire (I kept it for 15 minutes and then shut it down). Well that's what you get
playing console version
. My next freetime spot is on friday so until then..

Oh and thanks for chronomac for Humble Bundle 3 Desura key. One of the earlier bundles I missed because I hadn't heard of it. Also, apart from Hammerfight (I have it on steam) I didn't have any of those games anywhere so thanks, really looking forward for VVVVVV.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh God knows :). I did English Language Grammar the best part of 40 years ago so my memory might be in error. I was just trying to make the point that saying, for example, 'a apple' is correct grammatically but using 'an' instead is an allowable exception because it sounds nicer. God knows what counts for being correct nowadays though. I could have phrased it better but I've just eaten and am a bit sleepy. Us old men get like that don't you know.

Apple starts with a vowel sound, so it's also an "an." This is consistent with my entire school career of 25+ years, including a college degree in English.

What I'm saying is that I have an English degree and this exact conversation is all it's good for.

wazoo

no rules, I hate rules ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia Prophecy | Steam Key -- MB-251F6B5BECC51973 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo

MRORANGE

Regarding the exceptions: it's more that the beginning of the word makes a vowel sound. "European" starts with a "y" sound, which I shall remind the class is only sometimes a vowel, and, in this case, its use as a constant demands the use of "a" instead of "an."

"One" also starts with a constant sound (w), and, therefore get the "a."

Fair point, Mr morningbus.

dFhoMgS.png

derExperte

I'm going to follow this comment up with a longer post when I actually get the time. But Unity of Command is an incredible game so far. It's a freaking masterpiece of UI design (both in form and function) and combining that UI with very smart, focused streamlining it makes an operational level wargame into something totally accessible. Totally would recommend it even though I've just put in a hour or two so far.

I enjoyed the demo but I'm so bad at these games and apparently you have to reach difficult goals in order to progress in the campaign. So I dunno.

Basically, I added a loading dialog to the inventory market search, and am making it work with (most) emoticons and backgrounds.

Nice :).

I just spent a very frustrating few minutes trying to buy some cards in order to upgrade my FTL badge. So many page loading errors "please try again later" it's ridiculous. I was using Enhanced Steam too since it has the courtesy to tell me at a glance if I already own that card or not. It's not your fault though as it was the same with the Steam Client itself. I know it's probably difficult to gauge the amount of servers and whatnot they require to service the demand but you would think they would be able to get that right by now. It's not as if they're lacking in financial muscle FFS :/.

Ugh after narrowly losing in the final mission in XCOM Enemy Unknown
(PS3)
today I fought until the very end with very good odds to win - only to have a glitch in the final moments of the fight - enemy animation just looped and it didn't fire (I kept it for 15 minutes and then shut it down). Well that's what you get
playing console version
. My next freetime spot is on friday so until then..

Oh and thanks for chronomac for Humble Bundle 3 Desura key. One of the earlier bundles I missed because I hadn't heard of it. Also, apart from Hammerfight (I have it on steam) I didn't have any of those games anywhere so thanks, really looking forward for VVVVVV.

:/ at least you have the consolation of playing an awesome game! :D

I enjoyed the demo but I'm so bad at these games and apparently you have to reach difficult goals in order to progress in the campaign. So I dunno.

As I said, I'm only into it a bit, but yes the AI is super nasty. A part of this is that it's simulating a whole operational level campaign based on historical accuracy, so it doesn't really "scale" like a lite wargame like Panzer General or Advance Wars would. It can be quite hard from even the early missions and all the missions have strict turn limits if you don't like those.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Katy Perra under something from Argentina is hard to beat :p

haha, Katy Perra. I get it.

By the way, I just got an email from Russian uPlay that says Assassin's Creed Black Flag key I bought for 49,99 rubles is out of stock. What the fuck?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More stuff:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO Extraterrestrials Gold #2 -- MB-20422C4C6D88CAEB - Taken by Ingueferroque
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold #2 -- MB-BD35436219E2DA8B - Taken by Aitor
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-2223BAFC393EDDCE - Taken by Baha
Insane 2 -- MB-DA83011584F45F19 - Taken by didamangi
KnightShift -- MB-A271033B6DAE5EC0 - Taken by Aaron
Razor 2 Hidden Skies -- MB-44023A741CF2DA4D - Taken by Deques
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-4B6EEC94642F9F78 - Taken by nexen
Hydrophobia Prophecy #2 -- MB-A57922159E8FAAA0 - Taken by chronomac
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-D085EBAE931D52F0 - Taken by NingenJanai
Blades of Time LE -- MB-8238DD7848DB8029 - Taken by Snakethesniper
Race 07 plus STCC II plus Race 07 Formula RaceRoom add-on plus GT Power expansion plus The Retro expansion plus The WTCC 2010 Pack plus Race Injection #2 -- MB-41FF80E1D5E53FA0 - Taken by throwawayname
Race 07 plus STCC II plus Race 07 Formula RaceRoom add-on plus GT Power expansion plus The Retro expansion plus The WTCC 2010 Pack plus Race Injection -- MB-D7646968973ED5D3 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Warfare -- MB-B07DA2F32A451B32 - Taken by adaen
Insane 2 #2 -- MB-04D4963A3202E9BE - Taken by drizzle
Pirates of the Black Cove Gold -- MB-612C30EA87BCB0E0 - Taken by Kifimbo
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold -- MB-81563A1A9CA5048F - Taken by Khronico
Gumboy Tournament #2 -- MB-3B7717F43B6AEAA4 - Taken by Stitch
Razor 2 Hidden Skies #2 -- MB-3B07492F7A8DC777 - Taken by fantomena
East India Company Gold -- MB-6A9AF7B3DB84A1F5 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-F54D5DB6CC16C198 - Taken by trailmix16
World War 3 Black Gold -- MB-188A035ABDE8A01D - Taken by scorpscarx
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-8651DB9FCBA79B0B - Taken by KenOD
World War 2 Panzer Claws -- MB-C9BC7E6271F27B72
Puzzle Kingdoms #2 -- MB-9B09C75B33347873 - Taken by Colin.
Commander Conquest of the Americas Gold -- MB-05D8337DD7BA52B7 - Taken by JakeD

OT but you always have the hottest hot girl avatars NaM. Saorice squad can learn from you.

If I'd read this earlier I would have blocked you from the giveaway. :p

Apple starts with a vowel sound, so it's also an "an." This is consistent with my entire school career of 25+ years, including a college degree in English.

What I'm saying is that I have an English degree and this exact conversation is all it's good for.

Well it does make your posts some of the most readable in here so that completely justifies your English Degree as far as I'm concerned :p.

no rules, I hate rules ;)

Woot! Thanks wazoo :).

Wok

Well, that's the point of market, to make more money for Valve.
I'm kinda ashamed I got so addicted to this meta game. But I'm cured now, I hope! I wish you the same. Let's play some real games for once (><)

I am not cured yet. :'(

This is really nice. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom