• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown (PS3/Vita) removed from the EU PS Store!

Piccoro

So NIS America Europe removed the game from PSN because the license expired!...

https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/748417654726266880

The game was actually listed in the EU PS blog as part of the current sale, but users noticed that the game wasn't there.

I wish they could of warned us first, I only have the Vita version... :(

EDIT: The Vita version was a PS Plus freebie and now they also removed it from my download list!?! Oh no...
Apparently it's still there if you bought it or got it from Plus.

UPDATE: Crisis averted. Atlus is publishing the game themselves in EU. So the game will return! :) From NISA Twitter:

CmONlNGUgAA9V5o.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/nisaineurope/status/748597709813125120

Sakujou

Banned
?! what kind of licence did expire? i read this in the pal psn store talk but no further info there. so what a grim digital future awaits us? (i have the ps3-disc version)

?! what kind of licence did expire? i read this in the pal psn store talk but no further info there. so what a grim digital future awaits us? (i have the ps3-disc version)

The publishing licence Atlus granted to NIS America. Which they decided to not renew and cut all contact with NISA.

The publishing licence Atlus granted to NIS America. Which they decided to not renew and cut all contact with NISA.

Great, Atlus finds new ways to fuck over european fans every day it seems. Congrats to them, they remind me of Square in the 90s! Well, at least I already have it on my Vita but it sucks for people who might have wanted to try it because of Odinsphere.

ReaperXL7

It would be a dream come true for me if this was a sign that DC was getting a remaster in the vein of Odin sphere for PS4 but it's probably just Atlus screwing it's EU fans again.

I think there's a non-zero chance that Atlus will put it back up under their own name. I guess it depends how much they care about an old PS3/Vita game in Europe (lol), but having it gone isn't a good look.

Mendrox

So NIS America Europe removed the game from PSN because the license expired!...

https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/748417654726266880

The game was actually listed in the EU PS blog as part of the current sale, but users noticed that the game wasn't there.

I wish they could of warned us first, I only have the Vita version... :(

EDIT: The Vita version was a PS Plus freebie and now they also removed it from my download list!?! Oh no...

Can anyone confirm this? Fuck this.

Varth

I think there's a non-zero chance that Atlus will put it back up under their own name. I guess it depends how much they care about an old PS3/Vita game in Europe (lol), but having it gone isn't a good look.

Real question is if they will honor all prior licences, if removing from dl list is confirmed.

Farewell

Yes you can still download it, but the moment your playstation plus will expire, you wont be able to download it anymore, even if you extend it, at least that was the case with P.T.

No more physical copies being printed either.

Didn't NISA do the distribution work for Odin Sphere too? So that won't be around forever.

Occam

Well, if you don't already own it, you can seek out a physical copy.

Real ownership is awesome. Physical for the win.

wrowa

Well, if you don't already own it, you can seek out a physical copy.

Real ownership is awesome. Physical for the win.

If NISA lost the license, there likely won't be any new physical copies either. So even that option will become increasingly expensive/difficult.

Hopefully they renew it without much fuss. It'll also be interesting to see what the price will be when they return it. Will it be the one that was permanently discounted by NISA or the one from before?

The Atlus ride never enda.

Mendrox

Yes you can still download it, but the moment your playstation plus will expire, you wont be able to download it anymore, even if you extend it, at least that was the case with P.T.

What? No P.T. was another case. PS+ freebies are yours forever as long as you reactivate your subscription.

Eolz

Why am I not surprised...
Since Atlus USA and Sega Europe are supposed to take care of that, I guess it'll never come back?

Or are they working on it and it's back next year? ;)

Thanks Atlus, you just keep on delivering. I wonder if we'll have to worry about Persona 4 Golden staying up as well. Everyone already has that, right?

Top Bottom