• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV total shipments + digital sales top 6 million

DKHF

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/final-fantasy-xv-total-shipments-top-six-million

Total shipments and digital sales for Final Fantasy XV have exceeded six million units, Square Enix announced.

That means an additional one million units were shipped since the game's first day shipments of five million.
Note: this meaning an additional one million units were shipped is Gematsu's speculation (not mentioned in the press release). It's more likely IMO that the extra 1 million since launch day is a combination of shipments and digital sales.

Those who download the Holiday Pack (Free Version) or Holiday Pack+ will also gain access to the “Moogle Chocobo Carnival,” a special in-game event that brings an exciting festival to the whole city of Altissia, starting on Tuesday, January 24th for a limited time.

Hell yeah.

Impressive.

With a PC version one day and a potential GOTY edition with all the DLC and upgrades, seems like 8 million is a safe estimate.

Bladenic

Will probably end up with about 6.5-7 mil shipped probably. I think that's in like with XIII (or higher?) so hopefully it's considered a success (although I doubt they would be announcing anything if they weren't happy).

Glad to see the game is a success, despite the issues the vocal haters try to make into a big deal its a fantastic game and deserves the sales.

yunbuns

bdxRlau.gif

Wollan

Hopefully they will have rebound on a good portion of the investment though I suspect it's impossible to go black for everything encompassing FFXV's development history.

And hopefully they will re-focus here on out with every Final Fantasy entry being max 3 year projects with *<100 man core development teams. And using a good middleware engine like Unreal Engine 4 because their internal efforts have been dubious.

edit: I suspect it will have plateaued on 6 million for a good long while (not surpassing 7 million not before after PC release sometime).

Congratulation is in order, I guess.

I finished the game at 60 hours with 74% completion. I'll platinum the game when the patch is out later.

ezekial45

Banned
Well deserved. Despite all the dev trouble, the game turned out to be a damn solid game. Way better than XII and its sequels.

robotrock

Banned
Yes and it will be another incomplete mess that people will buy and continue to send the wrong message to publishers.

FFXV could have been something else but I'm still extremely happy with what we got after it's troubled development cycle. Felt like my money was well spent.

Will gladly buy FF16 if it's looking good

Boke1879

With a PC version and some PS4 bundling, their 10 million personal goal may not be too far off.

Yup and at some point the game will available for $30 bucks. Not to mention there will most likely be a deluxe version with all DLC and the MP mode most likely after a year.

pezzie

Currently behind X, VII, VIII, and XIII?

Not bad. Game was a hot mess by the end but I can't deny it was one of the most fun Final Fantasy games I've ever played. If the next one isn't such a mess and they build off this one it could be real great.

Rainy

Banned
So this is shipped and not sold?

NPD comes out soon so we should at least get some numbers from that right?

MechaX

Still just shipments, huh?

Yeah. It's not a dumpster fire or anything like that, but if XV sold 1 million digitally, I'm not sure if that would necessarily translate into another 1 mil shipped like the article says (in other words, said 5 mil could still be sitting around, but we know that it is inching towards selling out of it's initial shipment in Japan at least).

I am personally reserving judgments until the next NPD thread hits.

Thoraxes

Sad that such a poor game is even selling that much. Hopefully it doesn't influence them towards making more games like this.

Wonder what those platform splits are too. Though this is just shipped.

benzy

Great game despite the storytelling issues, bring on the DLC and updates. Hopefully the PC version adds in a bunch of much needed cutscenes to flesh out the story though.

xylrby.gif

FFXV despite it's issues turned out much better than I expected (I think the delay did a ton of good) so I hope it does well and for XVI they give it enough time to truly finish the product.

TissueBox

The fact that this game made it outta the box and in severed but decently held together shape is actually still quite remarkable to me. Tabata and co. really helped save SE here.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna see sold through. This isn't a dis. I play FFXV and love it. But sold through numbers will be more telling.

Boke1879

Sad that such a poor game is even selling that much. Hopefully it doesn't influence them towards making more games like this.

Wonder what those platform splits are too. Though this is just shipped.

Well many people enjoyed their time with the game. This is evidenced by it's MC score as well.

It's also shipped+digital sales. So the real numbers probably aren't that far off.

Shipments though.

I do hope the game sells a lot, I loved it. But I also hope Square doesn't take this as a rewards for their mediocrity. The games has serious issues that shouldn't be repeated when XVI is developed.

Zedark

Bloody idiots, first they overship and now they add to that with a new shipment?!

Seriously though, Congrats to the team! I absolutely love the game, and I hope this will be more than enough reason to make a (more streamlined dev-wise) game with a more coherent tale.

Even though it had one of the most messy storylines I can remember, I ultimately liked the game. So happy with it's success.

Top Bottom