• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 remake shipments and digital sales top 5 million

Total shipments and digital sales for the Resident Evil 4 remake have surpassed five million units worldwide, Capcom announced.

Resident Evil 4 launched for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on March 24.

The game was was previously reported to have shipped and digitally sold four million units on April 7, meaning an additional one million units were moved since our previous update.

Eimran

Well deserves. Easily my favorite game of this year.
They made the remake with a lot of respect to the original and the fans and even improved it (which was a hard task to do)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Fantastic. Remember how I was left in disbelief when they announced the game. RE4 was already one the best games ever made. Why is this needed?

Boy did Capcom deliver. What a feat.

yanhash

On the Code Veronica Remake hype train

Choo Choo Family GIF by WE tv

Alan Wake

Happy for them. Gosh I love this game. The remake was just what they doctor ordered. I played RE5 on my 360 after finishing RE4R and it really felt like complete trash in comparison.

I think the idea that characters don't age quickly, isn't exactly new.

All of the lords in the castles in the franchise seem to be the same age, regardless of the year they're in. So this is definitely because of their virus bonding from many years previously, I reckon.

Therefore, what Jill is experiencing is kind of the same as Rebecca and Leon, and whatnot. But I don't know about the Las Plagas and if they can create a similar effect on the person's DNA. Although it's probably possible.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Happy for them. Gosh I love this game. The remake was just what they doctor ordered. I played RE5 on my 360 after finishing RE4R and it really felt like complete trash in comparison.
RE5 was always trash. Really curious to see how they’re gonna tackle it. A 1:1 Remake would be disastrous as large parts of the game are not salvageable, especially the story.

Alan Wake

RE5 was always trash. Really curious to see how they’re gonna tackle it. A 1:1 Remake would be disastrous as large parts of the game are not salvageable, especially the story.
And yet it sold really well. A remake would require some major changes.

I hope they go for Code: Veronica instead, which was a good game but needs some twists here and there. (And, obviously, would benefit from new voice acting.)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
And yet it sold really well. A remake would require some major changes.

I hope they go for Code: Veronica instead, which was a good game but needs some twists here and there. (And, obviously, would benefit from new voice acting.)
It sold well because of the brand name and because it was a sequel to RE4. I think there is a reason why Capcom abandoned a lot the thing RE5 introduced to the series.

Top Bottom