• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh sh**!! My kitten's legs!! =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darackutny

So, I was watching some UFC 103 while eating some pizza, and Belcoot, my kitten, starts jumping around trying to get a slice. I grab it and put it in the kitchen and while closing the door, it runs towards the hall and gets stuck in the middle of the door. Suddenly, it starts freaking out, jumping around, and meowing in pain. A minute later, he starts to calm down but he starts dragging his hind legs instead of walking normally. Its been a couple of hours and I'm worried sick. Movement has returned to his tail and legs, but he drags them around most of the time.

Help me GAF! How do I fix Belcoot?! =(

Dresden

Chances are the OP is pretty poor and he can't quite afford 24 hour care. Jesus fucking christ you guys are assholes.

That said, vet. :lol

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
while GAF is dispensing advice this is the perfect time to ask what i should do while my house is burning down.

the exits are blocked by a raging inferno and the smoke is starting to get thicker. getting harder to breathe... what should i do GAF?

No_Style

Scrow said:
while GAF is dispensing advice this is the perfect time to ask what i should do while my house is burning down.

the exits are blocked by a raging inferno and the smoke is starting to get thicker. getting harder to breathe... what should i do GAF?

Go to the vet.

NomarTyme

Scrow said:

Bathe yourself in gasoline.

Darackutny

whitehawk said:
Well there should be one open at like 8 or 9. Take them RIGHT when they open.

Sure, though I'd be lucky if a vet even opens today. It's eid and the whole country is on vacation. =/

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Darackutny said:
I also fed him some pizza. He seems to be doing better now... =o

DaxSlap.gif

ColR100

whitehawk said:
Well there should be one open at like 8 or 9. Take them RIGHT when they open.
Yep, do this.

And if you're poor and can't afford vet fees then you don't deserve to have a pet. Sounds like you don't deserve to have him anyway, take more care you *****.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
In my area it's 12am, there's a 24/hr emergency vet, and normal vets are closed on Sunday. I'd personally take it to the emergency vet. Xrays and etc might run you close to 500usd. What I had to pay once.

spootime

If hes unable to use his legs its no big deal. Dont even bother with the vet just let him tough it out. If hes got spinal damage or some shit then its no big deal give him to an adoption agency and buy a kitten.

KAP151

If the cat makes it through this, give it away to someone that has a semblance of a brain.

You'll be doing both of you a favour.

ZeoVGM

Banned
You know, GAF is stupid as fuck in this thread, for attacking him assuming everyone has the ability/money to go to a 24-hour vet. Accidents happen. He's not a bad owner for accidentally getting his cat's foot stuck in a door.

But then he fed the cat pizza.

Which completely turned me around and yes, he is a fucking idiot.

My family's gone through a lot of stray cats, and they are not wimps. I remember one jumped off of our roof onto the back patio and started limping. Obviously it was hurt, but in a couple of days when it came back, it was just peachy, jumping off of trees and more roofs. I also had a friend whose cat overdosed on some bipolar medication that 'accidentally' fell into his bowl (probably his younger sister somehow got into it). Now THAT called for a vet, even though they wanted to charge like fucking $600 to induce vomiting and give him charcoal.

My point is, your cat is probably fine. Imagine if someone slammed the door on your leg as a kid. Would it fucking hurt? Yup. Would you need to be sent to the ER? Probably not.

Edit: Oh yeah, if he starts purring like crazy its not because he loves you for giving him pizza. Purring apparently helps heal a cat's injuries.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
While taking him to the vet is obviously the way to go. Cats have a pretty remarkable ability to heal themselves. One of my cats got clipped by a car once, broke her hip and crawled her way back to our house. We took her to the vet and he told us to try and limit her movements and that she'd heal back up on her own.

Raistlin

Magypsy23 said:
The fuck? I hope there's no cheese on that pizza. Cats can't digest dairy products.

Ignis Fatuus said:
Wait did you seriously feed him pizza? Do you know what cheese does to cats?

Edit: Beaten.

read the thread title

it's a kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom