• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 7 - That's me in the spot. Light. Losing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
From ESPN's projected BCS rankings article:

"Another team that's highly regarded by the computers that won't show up in any of this year's BCS numbers is Ohio State. The Buckeyes are not eligible for the postseason this year, but are considered a top-five team by four of the five computers that are currently publishing, so they would have been a factor in the national championship race."

Damn you TPeezy!!!

That must leave a sour taste in the mouth of every Buckeye.

img9595234.jpg

I kid. Especially since, this guy could have coached us better.

23270431.jpg

Didn't OSU have the option to take their one-year postseason ban last year, but decided not to for God knows what reason? Or am I not remembering correctly?

There was speculation that if we took it last year we wouldnt have had one this year. But that was never a 100% sure thing.

Didn't OSU have the option to take their one-year postseason ban last year, but decided not to for God knows what reason? Or am I not remembering correctly?

OSU could have self-imposed a bowl ban last year, but there was no guarantee that the NCAA wouldn't have tacked on this year as well.

But it was still a stupid decision by our moron AD, seeing as though we were barely bowl-eligible and no one was really in the mood to go to some shitty bowl game anyway.

OSU could have self-imposed a bowl ban last year, but there was no guarantee that the NCAA wouldn't have tacked on this year as well.

But it was still a stupid decision by our moron AD, seeing as though we were barely bowl-eligible and no one was really in the mood to go to some shitty bowl game anyway.

Pretty much, I still feel we would have gotten a bowl ban this year though as well, maybe would have knocked off the scholarship reductions.

Gotcha, thanks. Makes sense then not to self-impose since you never know where the NCAA's Dartboard of Punishment is going to hit.

Gotcha, thanks. Makes sense then not to self-impose since you never know where the NCAA's Dartboard of Punishment is going to hit.

As far as the punishment, the main issue was the hubris of our AD. He was very vocal about how we had done everything we could and that the NCAA wouldn't hit us with anything major.

Had Gene Smith kept his goddamned mouth shut, perhaps we would have gotten something slightly less severe.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Of course Colorado's Ultimate Team has a better Pac 12 record than our football team.

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

That percentage of THC actually is frightening. Givent that the avg THC content of weed is 6%, which is already an insance in crease from the 1% it was in the 70's.

I'm sure glad you went to that bowl, though.

ChiTownBuffalo

I'm sure glad you went to that bowl, though.

Hey, my cousin join the Corps and ships out early next year? Any advice?

I told him to shut up and not get any dumb tattoos (Marine Corps related) before hand, he should wait till he becomes one to do that. Seriously, dumbass was going to go into boot with a globe and anchor.

Illinois has self reported a big infraction to the ncaa. Their head coach, Tim Beckman, was chewing tobacco on the sideline.

DEATH PENALTY!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd heard on the radio that Illinois had reported a violation that hasn't been heard of. Chewy Tobacky?

KingGondo

Banned
Illinois has self reported a big infraction to the ncaa. Their head coach, Tim Beckman, was chewing tobacco on the sideline.

DEATH PENALTY!
I'm still shocked he got a BCS head coaching job so quickly.

He was a terrible defensive coordinator at OSU, and his Toledo teams never did much...

Really though Illinois would hire Monken, but he's awesome as our OC so I'm not complaining.

Jeff-DSA

Looks like Riley Nelson will start for BYU, but he has said that his side to side movement will be limited. I don't like that at all. He might be on a real short leash if he looks slow out there. We're already starting a freshman at tailback since our starter broke his arm against Hawaii. The offense might struggle.

But still, I think Oregon St. losing Mannion might be the bigger blow, so this could be a low scoring, boring game.

ChiTownBuffalo

DEATH PENALTY!

He got busted on TV doing it, didn't he?

Hey, my cousin join the Corps and ships out early next year? Any advice?

I told him to shut up and not get any dumb tattoos (Marine Corps related) before hand, he should wait till he becomes one to do that. Seriously, dumbass was going to go into boot with a globe and anchor.

We had several 'necks that had EGA tattoos at the start of boot camp. One didn't graduate. Bahahaha.

Good advice, though. And don't wear Marine Corps shirts or any other gear. Don't get a Marine haircut. Let your hair get a little shaggy (not hippie length or anything) because when they shave it off, the longer the hairs, the easier it is to shake them out of your clothes.

Don't quit on any exercise or task, even if you slow down a bit, as long as they can tell you are trying your damnedest then they will only "mildly" yell at you. You get punished either way, but it sucks way worse for quitting. Except for humps (aka hikes), never fall back on those.

Basically listen, realize you're going to fuck up, don't make stupid mistakes, and never get flustered.

Oh, and if going to Parris Island, drink tons of water all the time and eat plenty of food when you can. I saw many recruits go to the ICU because they didn't eat enough salty food, drank enough water to flush the salts out of their system, and collapse while screaming.

Cyan

Banned

Nah, you're remembering correctly. It gets more and more hilarious the more games they win.

Go Bucks!

chewing tobacco a ncaa penalty?

great job protecting the integrity of student athletics, keep doing a great job guys

signed Calipari/Trussel/Carol/ect ect

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I just heard that Illinois self-reported a fairly unique violation to the NCAA: apparently, their head coach was chewing tobacco on the sidelines!

just noticed my iphone autocorrected Tressel's name, I like it better that way

2nd time I typed it, it tried to correct to Greasepaint...lol wtf

Wasn't it Iowa? I remember bumblebee looking stripes, so the colors would be right.

Ah, they may have done it before, but now that I read it, it was OSU I was thinking of.

Yeah it was ours, and we only did 4 sections, it actually cameout pretty well.

Ours could have been better, but since the students don't have a specific assigned seat, the best we could do was "upper deck students wear gold, lower deck students wear blue."

OSU's stripes were decent, I remember another team doing it but only like 1/4 of the people wore the proper colors.

Its a lot easier to just stuck to one color, every time we have done a whiteout or blackout has been a success

NCAA came back with a ruling against Boise St. overturning the appeal and reinstating whatever scholarship bans they were wanting thrown out. Appeals committee referred case back to committee on infractions and they kept their original findings.

COI basically even though there were inconsistencies when compared to past cases, we're going to keep this one anyway because they felt the case stood on its own and other cases did not really enter into the equation.

I wonder if in history any school has successfully forced the COI to overturn a sanction or finding.

Westonian

But still, I think Oregon St. losing Mannion might be the bigger blow, so this could be a low scoring, boring game.

It's crazy that the O/U for this 38.5. Considering the scores when BYU has played teams not named Hawaii or Weber State, that is a ridiculously high total score for two teams with very good defenses and injured/untested QBs. I don't gamble, but this is as close to a sure bet as you can get. Take the under. Easy money.

xeris

Louisville @ Pittsburgh by 4
Kansas State @ Iowa State by 10
Texas vs Oklahoma by 4
Northwestern @ Minnesota by 10
Duke @ Virginia Tech by 9
Utah @ UCLA by 4
West Virginia @ Texas Tech by 20
Stanford @ Notre Dame by 4
Oregon State @ BYU by 4
USC @ Washington by 14
TCU @ Baylor by 4