• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Uthred

Got Turq from my free SSS and got High Commander Patta from a combine, finally some high tier SSS. I assume Patta is a solid replacement for Captain Freya? Not sure what to do with Turq, theyre clearly better than the Karang I'm currently using, but torn on whether I should use them to ascend instead, I quite like the look of Brightspark. Only have Warrior, Rogue and Mage SSS's

I know I'm stupid, but I just learned about the Send and Receive button in the friends list. Everyone should be clicking this button every day for free friend points.

I think they'll put up eventually, they do have to add you as well, yeah. I had a new one just recently. We'll figure it out.

Has your invite count actually gone up in game yet? One of the people now, when I click the Friend Request button on his name in-game, says "You are already friends". But still no invites have been registered.

Yaari

Has your invite count actually gone up in game yet? One of the people now, when I click the Friend Request button on his name in-game, says "You are already friends". But still no invites have been registered.

It has to say "Game Invite", not "Friend Request". Some of my say Friend Request too. I'm not sure if people have to play the US server or whatever the deal is for it to work properly. It's not very easy unfortunately.

It has to say "Game Invite", not "Friend Request". Some of my say Friend Request too. I'm not sure if people have to play the US server or whatever the deal is for it to work properly. It's not very easy unfortunately.

Maybe we can try to add each other as a test. What is your HIVE ID?

Ok so here's the deal. You cannot invite people from the DB Club on Hive. I just tested this. Basically, a HIVE friend can have 3 states in Dragon Blaze.

1) The user plays DB but you are not DB Friends, just Hive Friends. In this case they will show up in the HIVE friend list and the button will say "Friend Request" and be clickable. Clicking the button will send them a Dragon Blaze friend request and will not increase your Invite Count.

2) The user plays DB and you are DB Friends as well as Hive Friends. In this case they will show up in the HIVE friend list and the button will say "Friend Request" and not be clickable.

3) The user does not play DB. In this case they will show up in the HIVE friend list and the button will say "Game Invite". Clciking the button will immediately increase your Game Invite count.

So basically, do not add people from the DB club. Because they already play DB, you cannot increase your invite count with them.

Edit; To clarify, this is still really easy. You don't have to get them to play DB, you just have to invite someone who does not already play DB. So just send invites randomly to a few hundred suggested friends through the website. Then wait for 40 of them to accept. Then go to the HIVE section in DB and click Game Invite on all of them and voila.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If I'm going to use one of my SSS as enhance fodder, is there any reason why I wouldn't rebirth him first if he's already max? Seems like there's no reason not to.

If I'm going to use one of my SSS as enhance fodder, is there any reason why I wouldn't rebirth him first if he's already max? Seems like there's no reason not to.

Plus if you do, you get a chance to get a new SSS that you haven't maxed rapport yet, for the 10 free rubies.

Limit

Not interesting in ascending it? Seems like a waste of resources given that it's already max. What's the class?

goober

Someone said they buffed the Shield Bash Ultimate from 50% chance to stun to 75%. Is that true?

Have any other stats been modified?

So i decidedmto go back to this game after a break and i find all my progress and everyhing else to be gone? :(
Anyone know anything about that?

My free sss seems okay though but seems kind of redunant since i got a free s priest (i got the princess healer)

KimChi

Should I ascend my ult Gram? Don't know if I have enough patience to wait for the angels patch. Someone convince me not to.

Whats good in the angel patch? Haven't looked at anything about em yet.
People are ranking draco deathcrown lowest, Gram is a good tank so I wouldn't bother. Maybe if it was an ultimate Gar lol.

So i decidedmto go back to this game after a break and i find all my progress and everyhing else to be gone? :(

My free sss seems okay though but seems kind of redunant since i got a free s priest (i got the princess healer)
What do you mean by progress is gone? All your characters and allies are gone?
did you not login via facebook/google account when you started playing before? If not that is probably why :(.
Your princess mercedes is much better than ranran or you could have both in your party to stay alive at the harder stages if needed :p

Yaari

Princess Mercedes? She's great. I'd be pretty happy with that!

Yaari

Im actually quite happy about it but losing my progress and characters did not :/ anyone know what thats about?

Nope that's weird. Was your stuff tied to a HIVE account? That's generally the best way to ensure it stays safe. Also make sure you are connected to the right server.

Did you log into Hive while playing?

Nope that's weird. Was your stuff tied to a HIVE account? That's generally the best way to ensure it stays safe. Also make sure you are connected to the right server.

It was last i checked honestly and i am actually currently vacationing in south korea but when i played the game here last time it was still my old account so i didnt have any progress issues until i redownloaded the game

Im kinda bummed out about it since i had some stuff i was already working on but the sss princess mercedes kinda softens the blow abit

Yaari

It was last i checked honestly and i am actually currently vacationing in south korea but when i played the game here last time it was still my old account so i didnt have any progress issues until i redownloaded the game

Im kinda bummed out about it since i had some stuff i was already working on but the sss princess mercedes kinda softens the blow abit

Sounds to me like you are on the wrong server. You should check the other 2 just to make sure its not on there.
It connects you based on region, but perhaps since you already had it installed last time, it did not do that for you.
Press the settings thing at top right and go to server, and just give it a try. You can't lose anything by trying.

JigsawX

Same, except it starts at 10 for me. It's now 10:13 and no exp bonus. What gives? Is that over in lieu of the new bonuses?

Ugh that sucks, if it's only the 9pm one for me...I prefer to try to sleep by 10-10:30 pm on works days. Even worse for the east coasters

Sounds to me like you are on the wrong server. You should check the other 2 just to make sure its not on there.
It connects you based on region, but perhaps since you already had it installed last time, it did not do that for you.
Press the settings thing at top right and go to server, and just give it a try. You can't lose anything by trying.

Well that worked thanks a ton :) i got a new sss though and its flame wizrd whay....i have no idea if this character is good

Uthred

Did 40 pulls, got nothing higher than an S rank and only four or so of those, the rates are truly awful.

Edit: That new A rank fire mage that turns into a flaming phoenix to fight looks cool

Yaari

Looks like they messed up the -30% enhancement costs buff. I really needed that. No ascension today just yet. Bleh.

JigsawX

Doesn't that start in 25 minutes?

Event Duration
07/01 ~ 07/31 PDT/SGT/CET

Daily
[7:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT] Increase Ally drop rate in dungeon by 50%
[7:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT] Decrease Ally enhance cost by 30%

Monday ~ Friday

[12:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM PDT] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 50%
[3:00 PM ~ 6:00 PM PDT] Increase EXP in dungeon by 30%
[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM PDT] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 50%
[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM PDT] Doubled Friend help duration time. (60 sec -> 120 sec)
[7:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM PDT] Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%
[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT] Increase SS~SSS Dungeon Item Drop rate by 50%, Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%

Saturday ~ Sunday
[All day] Doubled Friend help duration time. (60 sec -> 120 sec)
[12:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%
[3:00 PM ~ 6:00 PM] Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%
[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%
[7:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM PDT] Increase EXP in dungeon by 100%
[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT] Increase SS~SSS Dungeon Item Drop rate by 100%, Increase EXP in dungeon by 100%

Extra~!
Daily Special Buffs

[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT] Daily Special Buff
[Mon] Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%
[Tue] Increase Ally drop rate in dungeon by 50%
[Wed] Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%
[Thu] Increase Ally drop rate in dungeon by 50%
[Fri] Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%
[Sat] Decrease Ally Enhance cost by 30%
[Sun] Decrease Item Enhance cost by 30%

Seems they took out this buff
[7:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM PDT] Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%

Ventara

Event Duration
07/01 ~ 07/31 PDT/SGT/CET

I assume some of them were replaced by the Chapter 2 Launch event.

Dates: *7/21 ~ 8/2*

Ally Enhance Cost 30% OFF - *(Every Tues/Thurs/Sat 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 30% increase to Success Chance when failing Ally Enhance - *(Every Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 2 Bonus Premium Ally summons for every 10 summons.

Dates: *7/21 ~ 8/21*

Receive 1 S Ally Summon for every SS Combine and 3 S Ally Summons for every SSS Combine - *(Limit 2 for each Combine)*

Dates: *7/21 ~ 7/31*

Receive a free Premium Ally Summon by logging in every day from 6:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT.

Ventara

It's discount thought.. Was hoping for the 30% addition whenever you fail the ally enhancement.. Oops you're talking about the 30% exp bonus.. My bad..

That one is every Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun, so tomorrow will be the first one.

Edit: Speaking of it, though, I wish they'd clarify it. It sounds too good to be true. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Edit 2: Actually, I just realized it probably mean 30% extra on the bonus failure %. So like, if you normally get 3% bonus chance from a failure, you'll get 4%. Still good, though.

JigsawX

Edit: Speaking of it, though, I wish they'd clarify it. It sounds too good to be true. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Edit 2: Actually, I just realized it probably mean 30% extra on the bonus failure %. So like, if you normally get 3% bonus chance from a failure, you'll get 4%. Still good, though.

Aw that's prob it, Need to rethink my plans now

Hmm, I can always farm for gold. I can't always get random allies from dungeons though so even the 30% extra bonus chance sounds good.

Ventara

Things are getting a bit tough in the Crystal Palace. I think I'll grind the boss in the first area and gain some levels first.

Is there anything after Crystal Palace? Does the area open up?

Hmm, I can always farm for gold. I can't always get random allies from dungeons though so even the 30% extra bonus chance sounds good.

For sure. I'm saving up all the allies I get and my friend points for tomorrow to do any enhancing.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Anyone can PM me on how to do the invite friends thing efficiently that was mentioned earlier in this thread? Popped an EXP pot and want to get as many shoes as I can. thanks

Anyone can PM me on how to do the invite friends thing efficiently that was mentioned earlier in this thread? Popped an EXP pot and want to get as many shoes as I can. thanks

No need to PM.

1. Go to http://www.withhive.com/ and sign in with your hive account
2. Click View All
3. Accept everyone under Suggested Friends. 3 new people will show up
4. Repeat 3 forever

I added about 300, up to you when to stop. You need the person to accept your invite, so that's why I added a lot. Then just wait. Periodically close and restart DB, then go into Friends -> Invite Friends -> Hive. If you see a button that says "Game Invite", click it to increase your count. You need 40 of those.

Did 40 pulls, got nothing higher than an S rank and only four or so of those, the rates are truly awful.

I did 27 pulls 3 separate times this week, that's 81 pulls and didn't get anything above an S. The gatcha in this game is absolutely brutal. If I hadn't had so much fun and if gamevil weren't so generous with the rubies/giveaways, I probably would've quit already.

Top Bottom