• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let me tell you a story about how I scam people on eBay and pretend to be the victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
If the buyer files a complaint, could he potentially lose his paypal account and whatever funds he had in there?

Tagyhag

I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread, especially with the "Please understand".

Still, it's a pretty damn fun thread.

rjinaz

What compensation was he expecting? He already had the cash and code.

The seller is probably hoping that:

1) ebay looks into the buyer and discovers that they are a scammer and lets the seller keep the money- unlikely
2) ebay will tell him to return the money to the buyer and ebay will then credit the seller- even more unlikely.

This seller is clueless about how ebay works. Either way it will require the seller to lie about redeeming the code and saying he sent a good code but the buyer is lying. No way will the seller admit that to ebay that he actually used the code.

Edit: And since the selling of digital goods is not allowed anyway, ebay will not side for the seller and he knows it. Basically, all the seller is going to accomplish here is try to hold onto the buyer's money as long as possible, based on the assumption they are a scammer. As an ebay seller myself I am embarrassed over this behavior.

Alucrid

Banned
If the buyer files a complaint, could he potentially lose his paypal account and whatever funds he had in there?

No. They'll take out whatever is needed to refund the purchase but having your account closed generally requires something like a chargeback from a bank.

At the end of the day the thing that bothers me the most is how the buyer is a bonafide scammer because he has an indian surname. What.

That's the strangest part. And he kept saying he didn't want to lose any money. Even though the money wasn't his to begin with.

This is one of those headache inducing threads,

What he meant is that he doesn't want to refund the buyer because he already lost the monetary value of the code (since he irrationally used it). He started with having a sellable product and he wanted to end with its value in cash. If he refunds the payment he loses everything since he "destroyed" the product and can't sell it anymore. And he didn't want to be a loser.

Nerokis

You also forgot he's waiting 48 hours to see if the buyer is legit so HE can get compesated even though HE used the code already.

He's such a victim in this guys.

You missed the step where he's expecting compensation from all of this.

EDIT: Beaten like the OP's dreams

... Incredible.

So what would be a potential case for compensation? Was he going to lie and pretend he was scammed, or would he actually try to make the case that he was somehow forced into using the code himself?

I'm guessing the former. Now that the OP is banned, we won't have to (get to?) witness his descent into total darkness.

IISANDERII

This is pretty close to when I bought my first car. I was sitting in it, looking around at the interior and I thought "wait what if this is stolen?". So I slammed the gas pedal and made out quick as I could. It's what the police would've wanted.
lol did you get to keep the car as compensation

todd360

This thread is hilarious. I hope the buyer gets his money back or whatever.

You either get scammed or sell long enough to see yourself become the scammer.

At the end of the day the thing that bothers me the most is how the buyer is a bonafide scammer because he has an indian surname. What.

And there was some connection to a website with ARABIC on it!!!! Two disparate cultures working together to scam OP. I feel his pain.

Hollycat

I feel the OP's pain. One time I sold a house to this Indian/Aribic guy, then I realized he was an elite scammer so I changed the locks on the house and called the police. THey were so happy to lock up the criminal they let me keep the house and gave me a car as a reward.

This thread was great 10/10, would read again. I feel you should have given him the 48 hours before banning him so we could have seen how he justified not returning the money in the end.

Chariot

Should've sold it on eBay.
Jugding by the threads of people who are sad and mad that they didn't get into GAF I actually think it would sell pretty well. If you ever need money, you know what to do.

"Highlevel GAF Account, equipped with epic tag and 20.000 posts"

Mr-Joker

Banned
So the OP got banned is never coming back, good sadly he probably raging how gaf is "wrong" and he's in the right.

I hope the buyer get his money back.

And this is why I don't buy any shit off e-bay.

Don't let the OP scare you off, I have use ebay many times and never been burned, you just need to be smart and if something goes wrong then Ebay and Paypal got your back as they always side with the buyer.

mpuncz.gif

Should've sold it on eBay.

But then he might've gotten scammed by some imaginary Indian buyer.

Of course, I won't go so far as to say that such a buyer doesn't exist. I know that sounds confusing. These things often do to the layman. But I'll try to explain without getting overly technical. You see, it all gets down to this OP fellow.

The OP's psychotic sublimative/psycho-erotic Ebay behavior pattern is like a net. Weak-egoed neurotics like digital code buyers are drawn into corresponding intersticing patterns. You might say the OP commits the scams... using his so-called scammers as narcissistic proxies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom