• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Hasney

Deus ex is £5 now for ps4:

http://www.***********/video-games/ps4/PS4DE62-deus-ex-mankind-divided-day-1-edition

I wonder if they are at a lost here.., and who is losing money, shoptop or square?

Day 1 edition!

As for your question, ShopTo are losing money by having it sit around their warehouse and quite often, it's negotiated about who's eating all the loss here. Directly, ShopTo will be eating the cost if this is actually stock they've held from day 1 as they'll have paid those units. However, (this was true with Game at least because of the size of them) they can go back to SquareEnix and say "hey, we ate a loss on this one. If you want us to stock an amount of game x when it's out, we'll need a discount".

popo

Day 1 edition!

As for your question, ShopTo are losing money by having it sit around their warehouse and quite often, it's negotiated about who's eating all the loss here. Directly, ShopTo will be eating the cost if this is actually stock they've held from day 1 as they'll have paid those units. However, (this was true with Game at least because of the size of them) they can go back to SquareEnix and say "hey, we ate a loss on this one. If you want us to stock an amount of game x when it's out, we'll need a discount".

Depends on the deal they made and who they made it with. As you suggested with GAME - the big buyers can usually return unsold stock for a credit against future games from that publisher.

When games go as low as a fiver I am almost certain they negotiated a partial credit with the publisher or the distributor. Cheaper for the pub as they don't want that stock back.

anyone else has a pre-order on shoptu recently? starting to notice my game don't always come on thursday anymore and have been getting them on friday or saturday, had 2 games pre-ordered this week with them and both were sent out at the same time yet i've only recieved 1 in the post so far

Stopped using them after they stopped getting preorders to me before release and they didn't get my Switch to me until the Monday after release either. Service has got worse and there are cheaper/more efficient online retailers out there anyway.

The Guy In Red

Neo Member
Can anyone recommend PS4 games for a 2 year old girl which perhaps doesn't require many buttons/ both joy sticks on the Dualshock controller to be pushed at once?

I'm thinking of something simple like Loco Roco remastered. Any other suggestions guys?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This is insanely tempting, but I've got the Steelbook preordered for £29.99. I rather like steelbooks this gen
I'm in the same boat actually, but the steelbook can be bought separately...

JJShadow

One question to UKGaf: last time I tried to trade-in one game in GAME for cash they told me they were not allowed to do it because they need a national UK ID in order to give me money (I've lived in the UK for two years now but I'm originally from Spain, so I have a EU ID card)

Does the same rule apply to CEX?

One question to UKGaf: last time I tried to trade-in one game in GAME for cash they told me they were not allowed to do it because they need a national UK ID in order to give me money (I've lived in the UK for two years now but I'm originally from Spain, so I have a EU ID card)

Shouldn't be, at least for games. I do remember having to show my driving license - as photo ID - for... I think trading in my old 3DS XL.

Surely as a member of the EU it's illegal for them to discriminate against you in this way?

in cex they only ask your post code, and even if you don't remember it, you can made up one at the moment, they don't care.

Never tried it on GAME, but they shouldn't do that :s

Pixieking

Banned

Conflicting posts about this - probably due to different stores applying the rules slightly differently - so will add my two cents.

Anything I've traded for cash at the Sheffield store - software, DVD, BluRays or hardware - has required ID or CEX membership (for which you'd initially need ID and proof of Post Code to get). They're fine with a passport (don't think it has to be specifically British) or drivers license.

So doesn't really clarify anything for you, but I'd give them a go - generally they're nicer and less pedantic than Game.

Kudo

Do they ship outside of Germany?

Sadly no.

I got 10% coupon for Clas Ohlson, works on all the sites they have and brings down the Switch to 269€ on the German site!

Quote the post to see the coupon, it's only valid for 7-9 more hours so act fast! Let me know if you used it so at least I know it went for good use, works for other stuff too.

BTW I have just noticed that the Darksiders warmaster edition for wiiu has the £2 off with prime back up.

They removed it when the xbox and ps4 version, so if you have it pre-ordered on amazon, make sure that they discount is being applied.

sphinx

the piano man
Sadly no.

I got 10% coupon for Clas Ohlson, works on all the sites they have and brings down the Switch to 269€ on the German site!

Quote the post to see the coupon, it's only valid for 7-9 more hours so act fast! Let me know if you used it so at least I know it went for good use, works for other stuff too.

gaaah you guys make it very tempting....

but no thanks.

someone else please use the code!

JJShadow

Shouldn't be, at least for games. I do remember having to show my driving license - as photo ID - for... I think trading in my old 3DS XL.

Surely as a member of the EU it's illegal for them to discriminate against you in this way?

in cex they only ask your post code, and even if you don't remember it, you can made up one at the moment, they don't care.

Never tried it on GAME, but they shouldn't do that :s

Conflicting posts about this - probably due to different stores applying the rules slightly differently - so will add my two cents.

Anything I've traded for cash at the Sheffield store - software, DVD, BluRays or hardware - has required ID or CEX membership (for which you'd initially need ID and proof of Post Code to get). They're fine with a passport (don't think it has to be specifically British) or drivers license.

So doesn't really clarify anything for you, but I'd give them a go - generally they're nicer and less pedantic than Game.

Thanks for the comments guys. It was weird when the guy told me he was only allowed to give money to British people, but I think it was a case of GAME just being GAME, because of course they don't have any problem with trading my games for in-store cash

I'll pop by my local CEX next week and ask them about it

Lamptramp

Germany: Clas Ohlson is selling the Switch for 299,23 EUR (incl. shipping).

http://www.clasohlson.com/de/Spielekonsole-Nintendo-Switch/Pr388059000?

Sadly no.

Just tried guys and showing out of stock now. I'll hold off for now in case some sooner deal presents itself, this unopened copy of BoTW needs urgent use :)

Kudo

Just tried guys and showing out of stock now. I'll hold off for now in case some sooner deal presents itself, this unopened copy of BoTW needs urgent use :)

I can still add it to cart and go to Zur Kasse, dunno if it lets you go past that but also still shows me 269€.

Sadly no.

Great, thanks a lot :)

Kiru

I can still add it to cart and go to Zur Kasse, dunno if it lets you go past that but also still shows me 269€.

Tried it myself now. I get why he said that. Shows "not in stock" and next delivery date is 5th of July. You can proceed if you can live with that date. I did that for now and will just cancel if any cheaper deal comes up by then.

Lamptramp

Tried it myself now. I get why he said that. Shows "not in stock" and next delivery date is 5th of July. You can proceed if you can live with that date. I did that for now and will just cancel if any cheaper deal comes up by then.

Yeah Like Kiru said, could get all the way til the end then had July as delivery. I would have (maybe should have) just pre-ordered it anyway but the thirst is pretty real and I'd rather have one for a forthcoming trip in June :)

Thanks though as always guys.

Top Bottom