• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truth & Trolls |OT| The Brothers Were Right

inm8num2

I just spent 30 min or so browsing through the original thread. I'll just borrow a gif from that thread to convey what it felt like to simulate the scam unfolding in real time.

iL4fXsQfXbFRo.gif

DavidKS

Neo Member
New comment from Jessica - Oh, how I would love to feel sorry for these people... if of course, you know, we weren't totally and utterly right and called this shit before it finished.

What is the KS policy for projects which fail or don't fulfil its requirements? At the very least, requirements of kickstarter goodies that some still seem to be missing?

inm8num2

Wow, Jessica sounds really entitled. She wants her pledge fulfilled AND she expects to hear back from the project creator?

Geez, the nerve of people. I hope Susan lets her two friends know so that they can bully Jessica and call her an asshole as they did to people like Waqar.

Also,

FundHer ‏@FundHer 19h

22 Essential New Year's Resolutions For Entrepreneurs From Entrepreneurs: http://tech.co/new-years-resolutions-entrepreneurs-entrepreneurs-2013-12 … #22 IS MY FAVORITE! Starting it Monday! U?

What is the KS policy for projects which fail or don't fulfil its requirements? At the very least, requirements of kickstarter goodies that some still seem to be missing?

KS makes it clear that they are not responsible, but KS is also owned by Amazon, and I don't see Amazon as being as flighty.

Wow, Jessica sounds really entitled. She wants her pledge fulfilled AND she expects to hear back from the project creator?

Geez, the nerve of people. I hope Susan lets her two friends know so that they can bully Jessica and call her an asshole as they did to people like Waqar.

Also,

Jessica's right, you know. But she blames the wrong person. Her displeasure should be directed towards you and me, the "trolls".

Had we not caused such a ruckus over nothing, had we not broken Susan's momentum (as she called it) and let her reel in 50,000 free US doubloons, none of this would've happened.

Poor Susan had to spent half of the KS money on koozies now. Shame on us!

Well, look at that... a message from Susan.

Susan Wilson 1 day ago

Sorry Kenzie and I got sidelined with the holidays and the reality is the Swag Bags and the beta testing is all being handled by her assistant (i.e., me) and I've just been slammed with my real job and doing all the holiday prep work that I'm fairly certain most moms will totally relate to and cut me/us some slack. But it's a new year and the kids are all back in school so now I can do the stuff that needs done b/c the SWAG is here, I just need to mail it. And maybe it's my hang up but I just don't want to release the game or take it out of beta until I'm certain it's as good as possible b/c I'm afraid people will say horrible stuff about it all (including Kenzie) and it'll live forever on the Internet. And at 10, she doesn't need to deal with that and I certainly don't want her to deal with it at 16 if/when she Googles herself. I'll get the SWAG out this week, research the sweatshirt and get back to focusing on the admin stuff related to Truth & Trolls so Kenzie can enjoy a launch that's not a nightmare. Definitely my issue, but the attack I endured for $829 has me a little gun shy and overprotective. Hope you understand, but I do apologize for the delay and lack of communication during the Holidays.

P.S. @DougRadcliffe, would love to return your money because clearly you didn't back Kenzie to support her. You negativity isn't needed, wanted and frankly makes you look like a jerk given all that's already been done with that $24K that proves we "The Wilsons" didn't keep a cent. And as for Kenzie's big Christmas gift, it was a you bow, arrows, and a quiver made by a woman on etsy that looks like the one Katniss uses though Legolas is really what's got her so into it all. She's even learned to speak Elfish and is working on building it into the game.

I don't think the problem for Kenzie at 16 will be googling herself. Googling her "assistant" though...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, not "gun shy"! See what you've done, haters? You've traumatized the poor girl! Now she needs a year of rest before the next Kickstarter!

How...how do people really type like this? It hurts!

inm8num2

Well, look at that... a message from Susan.

I don't think the problem for Kenzie at 16 will be googling herself. Googling her "assistant" though...

I'll say one thing - I certainly don't know how this person amassed such a large fortune. Her work ethic is pathetic. I love how she references an "attack she endured". She's still whining and using that as a shield.

I swear, I don't think I've read anything more aggravating due to their illogical deflections than Susan's comments. She is a childish sociopath, but I think we already established that.

I'll say one thing - I certainly don't know how this person amassed such a large fortune. Her work ethic is pathetic. I love how she references an "attack she endured". She's still whining and using that as a shield.

I swear, I don't think I've read anything more aggravating due to their illogical deflections than Susan's comments. She is a childish sociopath, but I think we already established that.

People are lining up to hand her over their wallets, as we've seen with this Kickstarter. So I'm not surprised. :)

I also think the idea that only hard work will get you loads of money is a bit out of touch with reality at times. There's quite a good deal of people imo, mostly in middle management, that only got there not because their work in lower levels was so great, but because they spend a considerable amount of their 'working hours' on networking.

Once in a while harassing semi-celebrities on Twitter does actually pay off, as long as you keep trying.

DavidKS

Neo Member
I just love how she has a go at Doug, and the comment regarding how the 24k had been used..... what the hell has it been used for?

Laptop was free from Dell, all these trips were paid for or not needed towards the game, she didn't go to any sort of camp, and if I recall some guy worked out the exact costs (higher end costs too not looking around) of all the "swag" stuff, and that barely covered 25% of the 24k.

Sooo what the hell has she spent it on that we should know about, that she hasn't mentioned?

Oh, and love her reference to getting attacked over $800, no you got attacked for being a manipulative sociopath who scammed people out of $24k

*sigh* Okay, rant over

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
P.S. @DougRadcliffe, would love to return your money because clearly you didn't back Kenzie to support her. 

He probably wanted to support the ORIGINAL KS, but not feed bills into the well-to-do family that got handed freebies.

Edit: Ah I forgot who he was until I looked. Can't remember if he was a $1 backer, but sure added amusing comments throughout the KS :p

inm8num2

The Art Factory 1 day ago

Happy New Years! and thanks for making such a very cool game, way better than expected, and a foundation for a lot of future too... really wonderful project and thanks for posting it..
blessings&Peace

inm8num2

Yea how is she supposed to finish the game if the beta feedback isn't working?

I'm guessing Philip Tan from the MIT Games Lab screwed that up.

Apparently the beta feedback system wasn't the only thing going bust with this beta.

Roland Austinat 1 day ago

Eight weeks after my last comment, I am still curious about that beta invite - did they go out to randomly selected people? Will this game ever come out? Keeping my fingers crossed!

inm8num2

Roland's invite was probably eaten by trolls.

Also, Susan has had a change of heart. Turns out the amassing of as much wealth as possible is not her ultimate life goal!

https://twitter.com/FundHer/status/425219239000043521

Did u know MONEY BAD?

I'm sorry but that averages to over a trillion a person. I know that's completely bonkers so I did a quick search:

"According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the 100 richest people in the world added $241 billion to their combined net worth in 2012, bringing their total stash to a whopping $1.9 trillion."

Am I misreading it or does she seriously believe that figure is correct? I know this is far from the only questionable thing from her but it seemed pretty easy to catch that her figure is completely ridiculous.

And the person she thanks for that information is a TV station meteorologist. Not saying he can't spout off non-weather related facts but seems a curious person to thank as the source of your economic info.

I'm sorry but that averages to over a trillion a person. I know that's completely bonkers so I did a quick search:

"According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the 100 richest people in the world added $241 billion to their combined net worth in 2012, bringing their total stash to a whopping $1.9 trillion."

Am I misreading it or does she seriously believe that figure is correct? I know this is far from the only questionable thing from her but it seemed pretty easy to catch that her figure is completely ridiculous.

And the person she thanks for that information is a TV station meteorologist. Not saying he can't spout off non-weather related facts but seems a curious person to thank as the source of your economic info.

She's probably counting on people not checking whatever figure she throws at them.

I know I didn't, but then I can't take her seriously anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if she just made that figure up to look interesting, much like all the fabricated numbers she provided in her Kickstarter campaign.

malfcn

@Roland, I have a copy of that beta still, and it's a wonderful game.. if you cannot find it. let me know and we'll find a way to get you the file.. it's 5-700mb, huge.. and it's a very amazing video game. more amazing is who authored it, and how she kept her promises very carefully in spite of a huge wave of people publically being critical. but when the game was released, even the beta proved, wow, this was always a very amazing project. (829$ goal: small project: big game created from it)... very good work, much credits to the creatorm she obviously worked super hard on it..

I get am embarrassing feeling for them.

inm8num2

Is the jury still out on The Art Factory? I want to say 'troll' since that's the only way I can rationalize his/her insane comments. I'm probably wrong. I am the real troll. :/

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Is the jury still out on The Art Factory? I want to say 'troll' since that's the only way I can rationalize his/her insane comments. I'm probably wrong. I am the real troll. :/
I think he's a mentally disturbed individual.

Careful with that... if Susan gets inspired by King.com, she might sue you for using the word "tro..." (I'm not even going to write it down anymore...)

adj_noun

@Roland, I have a copy of that beta still, and it's a wonderful game.. if you cannot find it. let me know and we'll find a way to get you the file.. it's 5-700mb, huge.. and it's a very amazing video game. more amazing is who authored it, and how she kept her promises very carefully in spite of a huge wave of people publically being critical. but when the game was released, even the beta proved, wow, this was always a very amazing project. (829$ goal: small project: big game created from it)... very good work, much credits to the creatorm she obviously worked super hard on it..

That dude talks like the human embodiment of the doge meme.

FundHer ‏@FundHer 31 jan.

Fighting Sexism. Avoiding Stigma of Being #ThatWoman. My Kickstarter w/@GamerCEO showed us IT IS REAL! http://mashable.com/2014/01/30/that...:eyJzIjoidCIsImkiOiJfNWNpeHJ6a3Z0cHl1ZDBkbiJ9 … via @mashable

It's real alright... well, not so much for the backers, but hey... who cares?

Since she claimed she got "sidelined by the holidays", another month of hard work on Truth and Trolls beta testing has passed.

FundHer ‏@FundHer 30 jan.

@lindaliukas, Just backed Hello Ruby. Can't wait to share w/@GamerCEO, my 10YrOld daughter. We're learning Ruby now if u need beta readers.

inm8num2

I wonder when Susan's next entrepreneurial project will launch? I'd love to see how many backers from T&T she retains.

I wonder when Susan's next entrepreneurial project will launch? I'd love to see how many backers from T&T she retains.

No need for that, she will likely try to exploit another trending topic (which will bring along a new group of rabid fans, and another group of tro...erm.. less enthusiastic bystanders). Girls in STEM is só 2013, right?

That muppet Joseph will still support her though.

Poor guy. I guess Susan only had "Keep Up!" T-shirts and koozies readily available in the attic.

Wyng'd Lyon Creations 2 days ago
Any news on the SWAG? I still haven't heard anything on the sweatshirt for the reward level I contributed to.

Wyng'd Lyon Creations on Dec 16
Any updated on the the sweatshirts? I have yet to receive mine.

I guess Susan's too busy beta testing... she's quickly turning into a code monkey.

FundHer ‏@FundHer 5 feb.
Just signed up! Yey me! Skillcrush 102: JavaScript, jQuery & APIs from @Skillcrush on @Gumroad: https://gum.co/LtCJ

inm8num2

Poor guy. I guess Susan only had "Keep Up!" T-shirts and koozies readily available in the attic.

Wow, that person sounds really entitled.
I guess Susan's too busy beta testing... she's quickly turning into a code monkey.

Her twitter feed is an amazing stream of nonstop bullshit.

Oh, does anyone know if Susan will be renaming Truth & Trolls to "The Truth & Trolls Saga"? She probably had the 'saga' idea before King.com did.

Her twitter feed is an amazing stream of nonstop bullshit.

Indeed, and it's all just so shameless. I wonder if she actually believes all the bs herself (i.e. she's delusional) or it's all intentional, with a hidden agenda, like trying to get into some exclusive entrepreneur club or something (i.e. she's a sociopath). Maybe she just wants her own Susan Wilson movie?

inm8num2

Indeed, and it's all just so shameless. I wonder if she actually believes all the bs herself (i.e. she's delusional) or it's all intentional, with a hidden agenda, like trying to get into some exclusive entrepreneur club or something (i.e. she's a sociopath). Maybe she just wants her own Susan Wilson movie?

I choose "all of the above". :)

So, I guess that's it? She put out Philip Tan's beta and most of the backers consider that reward fulfilled? Meanwhile numerous people haven't gotten their 'Keep Up!' apparel (that Susan had leftover from a previous endeavor before this kickstarter), but Susan ignores them.

It's a good thing Susan is still accepting pre-orders of the game (with beta testing!) and selling all the apparel on her website. I'd love to see the web traffic data for truthandtrolls.com - we are probably the only people who check it ever so rarely when this thread gets bumped.

So, I guess that's it? She put out Philip Tan's beta and most of the backers consider that reward fulfilled? Meanwhile numerous people haven't gotten their 'Keep Up!' apparel (that Susan had leftover from a previous endeavor before this kickstarter), but Susan ignores them.

She probably doesn't want to release the swag because "And maybe it's my hang up but I just don't want to release the game swag or take it out of beta until I'm certain it's as good as possible b/c I'm afraid people will say horrible stuff about it all (including Kenzie) and it'll live forever on the Internet."

Anyway, if she actually plans to put out something else in this "project", it'll probably take a month or 2 more... like March 14th for example?

It's a good thing Susan is still accepting pre-orders of the game (with beta testing!) and selling all the apparel on her website. I'd love to see the web traffic data for truthandtrolls.com - we are probably the only people who check it ever so rarely when this thread gets bumped.

How likely it is that anyone would ever bump into that website by accident AND decide to give the beta a try based on the info on the site? :)

inm8num2

https://twitter.com/FundHer/status/432640694302167040
Kenzie ‏@GamerCEO Feb 9

Working w/my mom launching Truth & Trolls. She's in tears laughing at this comic. Is it THAT funny? http://www.shaenon.com/ladygaming.jpg via @femonomics

FundHer ‏@FundHer Feb 9

@GamerCEO @femonomics YES it is THAT funny to me Kenz BUT I'm 43 & ur 10. As ur Mom, I AM SO GLAD u disagree w/me bc that may mean progress.

"I'm ur mom and I'm totally not having a conversation with myself."

I'd like to also take this moment to remind people that Susan Wilson raised $25k to use a free piece of software to make an incomplete beta for a very short game. She also got a free laptop and has left many people wondering what happened to their swag. She violated numerous rules of Kickstarter, so they changed their rules to accommodate her.

https://twitter.com/FundHer/status/432640694302167040

"I'm ur mom and I'm totally not having a conversation with myself."

I'd like to also take this moment to remind people that Susan Wilson raised $25k to use a free piece of software to make an incomplete beta for a very short game. She also got a free laptop and has left many people wondering what happened to their swag. She violated numerous rules of Kickstarter, so they changed their rules to accommodate her.

holy shit.

Some new backer replies. They seem to get somewhat impatient, and feel they were promised stuff.

Both Jessica and Roland nagged about the status of the project before. So maybe Susan should just threaten to pay their money back if they don't have anything positive (like more money) to contribute. With Kenzie being 10 and all...

Jessica about 13 hours ago

I haven't heard anything on the swag since I filled out my form and I'm actually still waiting to be able to finish the game since I couldn't play through due to a bug in the beta.... :(

Roland Austinat about 8 hours ago

@The Art Factory: Thanks much for your friendly offer - I'd prefer to play the actual game by now though. I wonder where things went wrong and if it will ever get released. And if the people who contributed to higher brackets will get what was promised to them on January 6th ("I'll get the SWAG out this week, research the sweatshirt and get back to focusing on the admin stuff").

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How dare they question Susan? They got exactly what they paid for--a version of the game and a Koozie! I sure don't ask for much more. I got plenty of value from my $5,000 pledge!

Gold Member
Some new backer replies. They seem to get somewhat impatient, and feel they were promised stuff.

Both Jessica and Roland nagged about the status of the project before. So maybe Susan should just threaten to pay their money back if they don't have anything positive (like more money) to contribute. With Kenzie being 10 and all...
Lmao they got what they deserved IMO.

A valuable life lesson :)

This has been going nearly a year now right? And there is still no deliverable? Such a (bad) joke, I still haven't gotten over that original KS thread, although my bald patches are growing back lol.

This is awesome!

Truth & Trolls got a discount! You can now buy the game for $7.99. Lol, another kick in the nuts to the backers.

http://www.truthandtrolls.com/#!play/c1acn

More so:

IMPORTANT: YOU GET THE UNENCRYPTED FILE SO IF YOU OWN RPG MAKER VX ACE, YOU CAN GET UNDER THE HOOD, EXAMINE and EDIT THE CODE TO MAKE THE GAME & THE TRUTH YOUR OWN BUT IF YOU DO THIS, WE CAN'T PROVIDE SUPPORT SO MAKE A CLEAN COPY OF THE FILE FIRST.

So basically they're saying: "Backers, please finish this game for me." I guess Philip Tan is too busy with real work now.

inm8num2

LOL the gift that keeps on giving.

Oh, check out these greedy, impatient backers:

Roland Austinat 3 days ago

@The Art Factory: Thanks much for your friendly offer - I'd prefer to play the actual game by now though. I wonder where things went wrong and if it will ever get released. And if the people who contributed to higher brackets will get what was promised to them on January 6th ("I'll get the SWAG out this week, research the sweatshirt and get back to focusing on the admin stuff").

Jessica 3 days ago

I haven't heard anything on the swag since I filled out my form and I'm actually still waiting to be able to finish the game since I couldn't play through due to a bug in the beta.... :(

:p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anything in Kickstarter TOS in not fullfilling rewards? I know some funded projects never actually get done due to issues, but I would think not receiving a reward like that should account for breaking some kind of rule?

Top Bottom