• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GI - DMC 4 blowout, Wii blowout, & scores (OKAMI)

Ark-AMN

Banned
I'm suprised DQ Heroes got such a decent score. I would have figured it would have been "too kiddy" for the reviewers at GI. :D

Dahbomb

NO SHIT, HE HAS THE BEST DMC4 INFORMATION ON EARTH AND HE IS HOLDING OUT ON US!!!! I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO PULL OUT RAKES + TORCHES ON HIS ASS NOW!!!

jett said:
BTW people, Famitsu's DMC4 blowout had exactly 17 in-game screens...so Game Informer's are more than likely exactly the same we've already seen.

The DMC 4 shots are definitely new and definitely spectacular (17 shots in all).
Who to believe the person with the magizine or you? Sony have you seen the Famistu shots? Can you tell us if these are the same screens that appear in GI?

Dahbomb

I am with Jett on this, those screens most likely are the same as the Famitsu version. I don't think Sonycowboy has seen them, has he?

Oldschoolgamer said:
Capcom already said they were rushing it...a looong time ago. What suprises me, is that for a rush game, this shit looks all kinds of WTF awesome.

Gameinformer said:
Games can rest assured that Capcom and its development team are taking the necessary time to insure that all of the new elements exceed expectations, despite pressure from what many perceive as a shortage of must-buy titles for the early life of the PS3. "The Japanese branch of Sony has asked us to release it as close to launch as possible", divulges Kobayashi. "While I understand that users would like it as quick as possible, and Sony would like it as quick as possible, its says "Devil May Cry 4." Because it says that, we can't just make something and put it out. It has to live up to the Devil May Cry name.

And, I'm not trying to tease folks, but I haven't followed the DMC series or this game's specific news as much as most folks, so I don't know what's known vs what's not. I didn't want to put old stuff in there, and I'm not going to type it all out. This is a huge article, but not about technical things, it's mostly about the gameplay and the characters.

At least 30% of the 10 page article is text. With the first two pages being a intro paragraph and two big art shots of Nero and Dante, with the other pages being the screenshots and little sidebars on the new blade, the "other son" of Sparda (Virgil) , and the timeline of the games (DMC 3 -> DMC -> DMC 4 -> DMC 2, with DMC 2 being far after DMC 4)

Dahbomb

There has to be more tidbits than what has been provided thus far. PLEASE MAN, HOOK US WITH THE INFO!

Also check the other official DMC4 thread and see if the pics are new or old.

Also it's good to see Capgod not getting into hype/Sony ferver. Capgod FTW!

RaijinFY

Dahbomb said:
There has to be more tidbits than what has been provided thus far. PLEASE MAN, HOOK US WITH THE INFO!

Also check the other official DMC4 thread and see if the pics are new or old.

Also it's good to see Capgod not getting into hype/Sony ferver. Capgod FTW!

Well I was kinda expecting it, but i fear japanese gamers aint going to be loaded with lots of great gamers in the first months unlike US and european gamers.

Just for you Gaffers. Not a scan

n20060916_01_dmc413.jpg

BamYouHaveAids said:
Who to believe the person with the magizine or you? Sony have you seen the Famistu shots? Can you tell us if these are the same screens that appear in GI?

The shots are the same.

Sonycowboy,

Can you specify the "Online element" part? Did they just say "online element"? Or did they go into detail and say it would be online play or downloadable content?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Even though I usually don't like GI I agree with their GOTM and HHGOTM in this issue. Okami and Dragon Quest Rocket Slime will both be mine!!!! :D

Forceatowulf said:
Sony pushing for release as close to launch as possible.

Go to HELL SONY AND DIE! Capcom do not rush this beauty, take your sweet little time. **** sony.

I don't know why you're worrying, its not like Sony or Capcom is really going to let it release if it isn't up to the standard they're looking for.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Someone atleast give him the link to what's in the Famitsu article (translation) so he can discern what's new or not.

Rice-Eater said:
Sonycowboy,

Can you specify the "Online element" part? Did they just say "online element"? Or did they go into detail and say it would be online play or downloadable content?
Gameinformer said:
"Right now we're experimenting with network play and what we can do with it," Kobayashi reveals. "As far as DMC 4 as a game goes, it's so graphically intensive that to have everybody fighting on-screen while keeping up the quality of the visuals and the quality of the gameplay, would be difficult, if not impossible".

The mag then goes on the speculate that they may be leading to a two player online co-op mode.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
SolidSnakex said:
I don't know why you're worrying, its not like Sony or Capcom is really going to let it release if it isn't up to the standard they're looking for.
I don't know man. Sony has some deep pockets... i just don't know what to think some times.

But yeah it was a huge mistake to even question capgod.

Online co'op FTW!!!! Oh man it woudl be so much fun to play through DMC4 with a friend.

Dahbomb

"Right now we're experimenting with network play and what we can do with it," Kobayashi reveals. "As far as DMC 4 as a game goes, it's so graphically intensive that to have everybody fighting on-screen while keeping up the quality of the visuals and the quality of the gameplay, would be difficult, if not impossible".
Capgod confirms co-op play online for DMC4? HOLY SHIT!!!

Unlikely but this would be big if true...

Forceatowulf said:
I don't know man. Sony has some deep pockets... i just don't know what to think some times.

Sure they have deep pockets, but do you think Sony wants one of the most hyped games on their system to come out and be disappointing to those that have been wanting it? I'm sure they want it as soon as possible but I don't think they'd force Capcom into releasing it before they really want it out.

Dahbomb

Any word on Tilt feature, what it will be used for? 60FPS 100% confirmed? What about that new fire boss? Any word on story tidbits? Where is Vergil in the game (is he Nero)?

Oh hell yeah, come on Capcom. I believe in you guys. Throw in 1v1 if possible, it would kick ass to let us fight each other as well :D

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Dahbomb said:
Any word on Tilt feature, what it will be used for? 60FPS 100% confirmed? What about that new fire boss? Any word on story tidbits? Where is Vergil in the game (is he Nero)?

This man needs answers

Dahbomb

Rice-Eater said:
Oh hell yeah, come on Capcom. I believe in you guys. Throw in 1v1 if possible, it would kick ass to let us fight each other as well :D
I don't think you would want that... just watching others play DMC3 is enough to humble even the most proud of gamers... =/

It's really depressing to see another human being play on a completely different plane than you.

Nero is NOT a son of Sparda and has no demonic transformation (per se), but does have the demonic posssessed arm.

Something special about the grip of the Red Queen, nero's blade, that Kobayashi won't reveal yet. It has some sort of brake lever which does something...

Variel, the fiery demon boss you've seen is about the size of a small building, and just being near other structures, will cause them to catch on fire, so getting anywhere near close to him is a no-no

Nero, won't have a devil trigger, with the key word being 'Devil'. Some other kind of trigger?

Nero lives on the remote island of fortuna which is the setting for most of the game. He belongs to an order that worships Sparda and fight demons in his name. Nero does "Special jobs" for the order cleaning up "messy situtations".

That ends when a white-haired man in a long red coat breaks into the order's temple and starts slaying the high clergy. "Just because Nero's in the game, doesn't mean Dante isn't. Dante does appear.", Kobayashi admits.

In the ensuing cutscene, we witness a heated battle between the two demon hunters that includes all of the stylish sword swinging and acrobatic action one could hope for.

Dante, at first is the primary antagonist that Nero chases across Fortuna. Dante being playable is neither confirmed nor denied.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm getting an RE2 vibe from this Nero/Dante thing. Play through first as Nero, then play through again as Dante to get that perspective?

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
sonycowboy said:
Nero is NOT a son of Sparda and has no demonic transformation (per se), but does have the demonic posssessed arm.

Something special about the grip of the Red Queen, nero's blade, that Kobayashi won't reveal yet. It has some sort of brake lever which does something...

Variel, the fiery demon boss you've seen is about the size of a small building, and just being near other structures, will cause them to catch on fire, so getting anywhere near close to him is a no-no

Nero, won't have a devil trigger, with the key word being 'Devil'. Some other kind of trigger?

Nero lives on the remote island of fortuna which is the setting for most of the game. He belongs to an order that worships Sparda and fight demons in his name. Nero does "Special jobs" for the order cleaning up "messy situtations".

That ends when a white-haired man in a long red coat breaks into the order's temple and starts slaying the high clergy. "Just because Nero's in the game, doesn't mean Dante isn't. Dante does appear.", Kobayashi admits.

In the ensuing cutscene, we witness a heated battle between the two demon hunters that includes all of the stylish sword swinging and acrobatic action one could hope for.

Dante, at first is the primary antagonist that Nero chases across Fortuna. Dante being playable is neither confirmed nor denied.

*boing*

Dahbomb

Ok NOW we are getting some place! :D

So confrontation between Nero and Dante confirmed. Dante confirms to slay clergyman. Nero confirmed to not have Devil Trigger. Variel = name for Fire boss.

Nero NOT the son of Sparda? Well that rules out the 3rd son shtick...

capslock said:

To me as well, but alot of folks seem to be quite intent on getting every bit of info. I usually look at the articles to see some gameplay tidbits, the graphical quality, and the comments from the dev on the development on the system, not so much the background.

Is DMC's story really that involved (I've got all of them, but have only played DMC1)

Dahbomb said:
I don't think you would want that... just watching others play DMC3 is enough to humble even the most proud of gamers... =/

Trust me I know what you're talking about. I wouldn't ever want to run into some of the IGN guys. Just throw in optimatch so I can face players of my skill level.

ethelred

A... Square console?

Are they just basing this off Wada's speech where he sorta-but-not-really talked about console hardware? Because I still think a Square console is both improbably unlikely and a bad idea more broadly.

Dahbomb

Yeah, DMC's story is well developed now, especially DMC3's. DMC2 sucks though... throw that shit away or something.

Also I think that *boing* was a good thing, not a bad thing. :D

Kangu

Banned
Goreomedy said:
I'm getting an RE2 vibe from this Nero/Dante thing. Play through first as Nero, then play through again as Dante to get that perspective?

I would pay $1500 for that.

Kangu

Banned
sonycowboy said:
To me as well, but alot of folks seem to be quite intent on getting every bit of info. I usually look at the articles to see some gameplay tidbits, the graphical quality, and the comments from the dev on the development on the system, not so much the background.

Is DMC's story really that involved (I've got all of them, but have only played DMC1)

He was poping a boner. Keep typing, there's nothing boring about this.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Goreomedy said:
I get the same feeling, and im not complaining if that does indeed happen.

Dahbomb

I am pretty sure its dual narrative as well. Capgod has a history of these things, and they do this right.

Sonycowboy, what's the word on development on the PS3 with DMC4? Motion blur? 60FPS? What about speed of game? The control lay outs? The environments/designs? I want to know a lot about the enemies as well, puppets or meat sacks? How does that new Revolver work?

Majmun

Does GI have a rumor section? I love them rumors.

And thanks for the info, Sonycowboy.

DMC4 is going to be all kinds of amazing.

Dahbomb

Hey Sony what's the hold up? There are 10 pages of DMC4, there HAS to be A LOT more in there. This is KILLING us fans here...

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What has the producers stated about the combo engine? How will the style moves work? Any word on universal wall run? How many weapons total?

Cowboy... hurry your lucky ass the **** up....
pretty please

I have the mag too.

a couple of things.

suggested online co-op

self- shadowing

more than a year left in development

starts off easier than 3 then bumps it to harder dmc3 stuff

sorry if this info is repeated.

Dahbomb

bigfatgameguy said:
I have the mag too.

a couple of things.

suggested online co-op

self- shadowing

more than a year left in development

starts off easier than 3 then bumps it to harder dmc3 stuff

sorry if this info is repeated.
That's cool, some of this is new. Self-shadowing has been known from the pics, but it's good know that there is a whole year left in development at least. A lot of time to polish up these graphics graphics. The difficulty thing is nice as well, DMC has always suffered from weird cuves.

WE NEED MORE!!!!

SolidSnakex said:
Goodbye early launch.

they state at the end that fans want the game out, and so does sony, but its a Devil May Cry game, so it has to live up to the name.

no weapons or combo info. Nero is going to be hunting Dante at the beginning of the game.

Top Bottom