• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Video: Inside The Mythology

soco

Dragona Akehi said:
Baldr was a pussy who couldn't even heft a sword, let alone be a hero.

PS: he was killed by mistletoe. MISTLETOE.

sounds like my kind of man

... and the perfect start to clean up the whole bald space mari... oh. nevermind

eve241

Dragona Akehi said:
...and?

My point still stands.

If they wanted an "unknown" god to play around with, they should have gone with Heimdall, not some little twerp who went crying to mummy all the time.

Uh?

dirtmonkey37 said:
Not a single person has voiced similar concerns as I?

Is anyone feeling a bit of anxiety over the current state of animation in Too Human?
People are simply tired of voicing said concerns.

Salazar

MickeyKnox said:
People are simply tired of voicing said concerns.

What's more, Denis has taken a vow of relative silence - so two incentives for 'voicing concerns': getting an official, informative response and or riling Dyack into posting something mad, are seemingly not on the table. Halcyon Too Human threads shall come again, though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wonder when this is coming out. Surely it must be finished by now.

I doubt, even if he wanted to, Denis could comment about the game in public right now what with the law suit.

soco

sp0rsk said:

I doubt, even if he wanted to, Denis could comment about the game in public right now what with the law suit.

just think. they're still supposed to produce the rest of the trilogy (i think the original plan was all 3 for the 360 in its lifespan). maybe they're doing a LOTR kinda thing. finish um all up, then just smear on the newest shader vaseline, and release one a year.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
remains one of the coolest ideas for a game going right now. whether or not they pull it together into something truly special is up in the air

Nolan.

Argh I can't believe they had some nice versions of Baldur sketched out and somehow they ended up with that pleb just eugh.

Doodis

sp0rsk said:

It's coming early 2008, according to Denis. Media blitz later this month, demo incoming sometime before the game's release.

:lol Amazing video. Love the fake office antics. A couple of more of these and your production is up to Lord of the Rings standard, Denis. Don't listen to the haters, this is the shot in the neck this industry needs.

Mifune

Mehmber
The animation looks a bit weird. Other than that, game looks pretty good. I eagerly await the media explosion.

Oh, and the Rushmore thing was nice.

Jirotrom

Mifune said:
The animation looks a bit weird. Other than that, game looks pretty good. I eagerly await the media explosion.

Oh, and the Rushmore thing was nice.
everything about this game looks amazing except for the animation... its been a constant issue, and its not like these guys don't know how to animate.

antiloop

1st gameplay footage since E3 2006 or close to that? I have to see this.

Not too shabby now. Still some stiffness to the animations but have to see more to really judge. Other than that seems interesting. I would be happy with awesome story, broken gameplay. As long as it's not as broken as it was before with framerate problems.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Not a single person has voiced similar concerns as I?

Is anyone feeling a bit of anxiety over the current state of animation in Too Human?

No, nobody has ever had any concerns about the animation in TH ever. You are the first.

pooteeweet said:
No, nobody has ever had any concerns about the animation in TH ever. You are the first.

Not enough memes to pass as quality sarcasm.

Edit: After watching the video, damn the melee animations still suck. Everything else though looks really good, the running/dodge animations, camera transition, that whole scene with baldur in the tank.

watership

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
The animation is still shit, do they know your suppose to animate between the keyframs

Perhaps they'll save the fine tuning of the graphics and animation till last?

Madman

What can I say, it was a Too Human video. Hyperbole, cut scenes, and small fighting sections. I would have to try the combat system for myself, but the concept sounds pretty lackluster. Reminds me of One on the PS1 except you move an analogue stick instead of tapping circle for melee.

Make that demo as great as you can Denis.

So this Norse mythology thing, is it anything more than just naming characters after Norse characters? And Norse places, I'm assuming? is that supposed to be deep?

SPEA

akachan ningen said:
So this Norse mythology thing, is it anything more than just naming characters after Norse characters? And Norse places, I'm assuming? is that supposed to be deep?
It's really deep. Read up on the game.

Tom_Cody

Everything I hear about this game makes me more excited. Although, it is quite unfortunate to see that the frame rate still isn't up to standard. This still stands as the game that will make me buy a 360.

guidop

Watched it yesterday and its defiantly looking hot. They have added some filters similar to killzone 2 which takes away alot of the harshness that the graphics seemed to have previously and makes the game have a more subtle and beautiful look.

I'm still not sure on the combat i'll need to played it too decide. I think an over the shoulder gears of war, RE4 type perspective for the combat might have been a better choice for this game. The alternative armour needs improvement, the art isn't all that great and they currently look dodgy especially the defender and berserker suits/classes and the menus for them although functional need to be jazzed up. The gun animation was good but most of the melee animation still needs work

You can certainly see the improvement from the last time we saw the game if they can keep improving at the same rate when it comes out next year it will be a AAA title. so keep going at it SK looking forward to the demo

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
pooteeweet said:

I am concerned because the game's animations looked similar to this when they were shown several months ago.

I know people have been harping on Too Human's animations for a good year and half now, since its E3 showing.

clashfan

I don't understand the hate for the animation, it looks decent to me. Its not up to Heavenly Sword level but it's not bad.

Top Bottom