• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4 PC Details - 1080p + 120fps + new gameplay modes w/ more enemies on screen

Minsc

Gold Member
Draft said:
The ultimate game machine.

Jesus christ, 1080p @ 120fps. PC is the true PS3! Ken Kutagari's dream realized in silicon and aluminum.

More enemies than a console could ever hope to process, speeds impossible on the 2005 technology that constitutes the guts of PS3/X360. The definitive Devil May Cry for the definitive platform.

In Capcom we trust.

Actually it should be at least 1200p @ 120 fps, shouldn't it? Maybe even 2560x1600 if they support 30" screens.

Just give me a perfect (improved in every way this is and more) PC release of RE5, and I'll be happy until all the rest of the big PC titles I'm looking forward to finally come out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Minsc said:
Which uses the same engine as this, and as RE5...

Why...would you...play this...on a PC??

Sectus

thetrin said:
Because... you would... want... to... play this... on a PC?

If you've got a gamepad, you'll get the same experience as the console versions... just with a bunch of new features and prettier graphics. Looks like a good option to me.

TreIII

Sounds like fun. Though I was hoping for a bit more, considering that we who wanted the PC version had to wait a while longer after the console ports.

I mean, where's my Lady and Trish as playable characters?

bluemax

Banned
PC definitive version yet again. I need to stop Gameflying 360 games and just wait for the superior PC versions.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MickeyKnox said:
Soooo mine, native rez ftw.

Bodes very well for the best version of RE5.
I agree, but this delayed release is pretty disappointing. If RE5 were to be released on the PC along with the other versions, I'd select that version in a second, but I have a feeling we'll be facing a similar delay with that title.

I feel the same about GTAIV, though I don't believe a PC version has even been announced as of this time. If it were available on PC right from the start, I'd be all over it.

Then again, I've never had any luck getting my receiver to actually detect and use Dolby Digital from my PC. :\

dark10x said:
I agree, but this delayed release is pretty disappointing. If RE5 were to be released on the PC along with the other versions, I'd select that version in a second, but I have a feeling we'll be facing a similar delay with that title.

I feel the same about GTAIV, though I don't believe a PC version has even been announced as of this time. If it were available on PC right from the start, I'd be all over it.

Then again, I've never had any luck getting my receiver to actually detect and use Dolby Digital from my PC. :\

Does your receiver not have multi channel analog inputs? Probably the best way to get surround sound from your PC.

MutFox

Banned
Day 1 for PC, skipped the console versions,
cause multiplatorm titles 99% of the time turn out better on the PC.

The other 1%, the community fixes it.

I'm getting it for sure. I borrowed DMC4 for 360 off of a friend who didn't like it. I still have it now :lol, I'll return it soon, he dosen't really care he's a rich kid :D .

lordmrw

thetrin said:

I don't have any of the next gen consoles right now, and the PC version is the same as the console version. SUcks that it was delayed so long from february, but that doesn't bother me, since I caught up on a few PC games I had already bought.

Dahbomb

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT????

Now I have to buy an uber awesome PC to play the obviously superior version of DMC4. God damn my mouth salivates at this new LDK mode + Turbo mode with better visuals at 120FPS godly framerate.

GOD DAMN YOU CAPCOM!!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dahbomb said:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT????

Now I have to buy an uber awesome PC to play the obviously superior version of DMC4. God damn my mouth salivates at this new LDK mode + Turbo mode with better visuals at 120FPS godly framerate.

GOD DAMN YOU CAPCOM!!!!
Or, you can just wait for the DMC4:SE... You know you won't be able to do shit at 120fps right?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
dark10x said:

It's possible to realtime encode a DD bitstream of your pc sound and output it via spdif, but the easiest way is (as mentioned) to just use multichannel analog out.

Grayman

What PC monitors are?
1)available
2)widescreen
3)actually allow polling the video card 120 times

And is it only cutscenes or gameplay?

"What PC monitors are?
1)available
2)widescreen
3)actually allow polling the video card 120 times"

Uh...I'm not sure if you know how video cards work. And you may not know this, but you don't need a specific "PC monitor." They're widescreen either way, though.

"And is it only cutscenes or gameplay?"

The press release says cutscenes pretty clearly. It's even bolded.

Lince

Banned
the new thread title says 120 fps @ 1080p... going by the fps count in some of the screenshots posted I guess you'll need two newest 9800s in SLI or something beefier to achieve it. Insane, any idea of how my Core2 e6600 (o'cd 3Ghz) + 8800GT 512 would perform with everything maxed out @ 720p?

Grayman

Teknopathetic said:
"What PC monitors are?
1)available
2)widescreen
3)actually allow polling the video card 120 times"

Uh...I'm not sure if you know how video cards work. And you may not know this, but you don't need a specific "PC monitor." They're widescreen either way, though.

"And is it only cutscenes or gameplay?"

The press release says cutscenes pretty clearly. It's even bolded.
As far as I know LCD monitors labeled as 120hz won't actually play a game at 120hz the way a crt does.

"As far as I know LCD monitors labeled as 120hz won't actually play a game at 120hz the way a crt does."

You don't need a 120hz refresh rate to get 120fps. Screen tearing ahoy, but there it is.

Lince said:
the new thread title says 120 fps @ 1080p... going by the fps count in some of the screenshots posted I guess you'll need two newest 9800s in SLI or something beefier to achieve it. Insane, any idea of how my Core2 e6600 (o'cd 3Ghz) + 8800GT 512 would perform with everything maxed out @ 720p?
The cutscenes will go up to 120 fps, the game itself must be capped at 60.

Grayman

Teknopathetic said:
"As far as I know LCD monitors labeled as 120hz won't actually play a game at 120hz the way a crt does."

You don't need a 120hz refresh rate to get 120fps. Screen tearing ahoy, but there it is.
If it isn't showing on your screen you don't really have it. I was wondering if technology got better and they made LCDs that weren't as I was made to understand that they all were
JVC’s Clear Motion Drive uses a high-precision interpolation algorithm and a 120Hz refresh rate, as opposed to the 60Hz refresh rate used in most televisions. JVC uses this faster refresh rate to insert an interpolated image, displaying two frames – the original plus the new interpolated frame – in the time a 60Hz set displays a single frame.
Looks like not. So why are they throwing around 120fps? People playing the game on 4:3 aspect ratio CRT screens?

DC R1D3R

Banned
Now that's what you call Badass

I still can't believe most games being released on consoles are a meagre 30fps. What the fuck is up with that?

*Take Notes MS and Sony!*

DC R1D3R said:
Now that's what you call Badass

I still can't believe most games being released on consoles are a meagre 30fps. What the fuck is up with that?
Man, I dunno! It's almost like PCs are more powerful than consoles, and always have been, no matter what fervent 360 and PS3 fanboys think.

Grayman

proposition said:
Man, I dunno! It's almost like PCs are more powerful than consoles, and always have been, no matter what fervent 360 and PS3 fanboys think.
It doesn't matter that a PC is more powerful. No matter how powerful consoles have gotten people have made 30fps and lower games for them.

Grayman said:
It doesn't matter that a PC is more powerful. No matter how powerful consoles have gotten people have made 30fps and lower games for them.
Well except that the developers are targeting an image quality over the framerate. On the PC they don't have to.

NeonBlade

Banned
I remember when DMC4 was first being shown for Ps3, as Capcom said using an all new engine. Fast forward its getting ported to Xbox360 and a massive considerable epic downgrade follows, worst of all, the game is a design mess and barely ranks above DMC2.

How could CapGod overnite suddenly turn into Crapcom? Last gen they were on the ball, now, they lost it altogether.

NeonBlade said:
I remember when DMC4 was first being shown for Ps3, as Capcom said using an all new engine. Fast forward its getting ported to Xbox360 and a massive considerable epic downgrade follows, worst of all, the game is a design mess and barely ranks above DMC2.
What's that? I hear the trap trap trapping of billy-goats gruff.

R0nn

It's clear this is the superior version, but what does 120 fps in cutscenes even add to the experience?

RyuHayate

NeonBlade said:
Fast forward its getting ported to Xbox360 and a massive considerable epic downgrade follows, worst of all, the game is a design mess and barely ranks above DMC2.

How could CapGod overnite suddenly turn into Crapcom? Last gen they were on the ball, now, they lost it altogether.

Barely ranks above DMC2? In terms of story, probably, but design wise? No way. Say what you will about DMC4's odd platforming segments, but it's light years beyond DMC2 in terms of combat.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Teknopathetic said:

There's no point in doing so either. On a CRT, 120hz (with vsync) actually causes a very slight (and I do mean slight) blur that you won't see at 60hz. I prefer 60 fps at 60hz over 120 fps at 120hz for this reason.

Top Bottom